Formula 1 Lenovo Grand Prix de France 2022Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 201 comments
Scuderia Pagliacci doing what they once again do best. And Leclerc blames himself for the trip into tyre town.

And.

200.gif

Looked totally in control, even when he was behind Leclerc.

To be fair to Perez the VSC procedure was a bit unusual today not to say race control messed it up just another time...

Regs:
4.13.7 When the clerk of the course decides it is safe to end the VSC procedure the message "VSC
ENDING" will be sent to all teams via the official messaging system and, at any time between 10
and 15 seconds later, “VSC” on the FIA light panels will change to green and drivers may continue
the session or continue racing immediately. After 30 seconds the green lights will be extinguished.

Today there was a whole minute between VSC ENDING and green flag. We saw the pair of RUS and PER kind of already racing into the chicane on the Mistral straight because that was 10 seconds after VSC ENDING message appeared but it just didn't went green. First George slammed on the brakes and it first appeared that he does have a problem on the second half of Mistral. Afterwards Sergio also needed to go very slow to stay in the delta.

Perez:
“It was really unfortunate what happened. I got the message that the VSC was going to end out of turn nine, so I went for it.
But it didn’t end, and I had the message saying that it’s going to end all the way through turn 12. I was just too close to it (the delta I would guess).
It was totally wrong with the system, there was something going on. It said it was going to end out of turn nine and it only ended out of turn 13."
Horner:
"Checo struggled a little more this weekend with [tyre] degradation than we've seen previously. What was frustrating for him is there was an issue in race control with the safety car, the VSC. They couldn't turn it off, so they had to do a reset. Perez said he wasn't getting the delta in his car, so he was bang on his delta. George either pre-empted it but was within the delta, or maybe the information to the two cars was different."

Last edited:
And Leclerc blames himself for the trip into tyre town.
Binotto has said the throttle issue they talked about on the radio referred to Leclerc not being able to reverse out of the barriers, and not the same problem as in Austria. Leclerc just spun out and crashed.

Yet another potential good race ends in dreary disappointment because of Ferrari. I do enjoy how they alternate between driver error and team error though, keep mixing it up.

I'd like to know what drugs PDR is on though, seriously trying to suggest HAM had a genuine chance to win on pure pace afterwards.

My thoughts on Ferrari during the first two minutes of the video:

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO Leclercs spin was not Ferraris fault.
He was pushing to make sure Max could not get the undercut on him.
Sainz was kinda 50/50 IMO
He stalled getting out of the pit which became the catalyst to the 5s penalty, but ferrari could've stopped him.
His tires would not have made it to the end, so he had to pit,

To be fair to Perez the VSC procedure was a bit unusual today not to say race control messed it up just another time...

Today there was a whole minute between VSC ENDING and green flag. We saw the pair of RUS and PER kind of already racing into the chicane on the Mistral straight because that was 10 seconds after VSC ENDING message appeared but it just didn't went green. First George slammed on the brakes and it first appeared that he does have a problem on the second half of Mistral. Afterwards Sergio also needed to go very slow to stay in the delta.
Wonder if RB have a case to argue.

Wonder if RB have a case to argue.
Well, Helmut Marko has already said Perez was hungover (and of course he went straight for the stereotype), so the legs have already been kicked out from under that one.
Dr. Helmut Not-a-Racist Marko
Checo was sleeping at the restart. Maybe he drank tequila yesterday.

Well, Helmut Marko has already said Perez was hungover (and of course he went straight for the stereotype), so the legs have already been kicked out from under that one.
On one hand we have Ferrari actively sabotaging its own drivers. On the other we have Red Bull insulting every driver.

Back