Formula 1 live streaming next seasonFormula 1 

• Thread starter shoemaker
  • 11 comments
England
sheffield
It has just been reported on ‘The inside line’ tv show on sky F1 that next year, Formula 1 will launch a live video streaming service. Fantastic news, but I cannot find any news sources that confirm this. It’s just the tv program reporting it so I am not entirely sure this is correct, fingers crossed it is.

This is exactly what I was wanting, I pay to watch the WEC flag to flag and I will pay to watch F1 flag to flag, I am so sick of missing nearly 50% of content due to commercials!

If F1 went to pay-only in the US I wouldn't bother watching it. If it's an option? Great choice for the fans.

Don't hold your breath for the streaming to be widespread immediately. I'm pretty sure that they need to get around existing rights agreements with individual broadcasters before it can be rolled out. If you are in a country that doesn't have an existing F1 broadcaster, or the deal expired this year, you might be OK.

Hopefully it’s at 60fps instead of looking like a movie, that’s the one downside of some streaming services.

Don't hold your breath for the streaming to be widespread immediately. I'm pretty sure that they need to get around existing rights agreements with individual broadcasters before it can be rolled out. If you are in a country that doesn't have an existing F1 broadcaster, or the deal expired this year, you might be OK.

Supposedly that is why NBC didn't want to bid for the broadcast rights again as they didn't want to be competing with F1's streaming service. So I'm guessing that it's going to be available in the US at some point.

Was hoping to get the live streaming world wide next year, as both German broadcasters (RTL and Sky) have no contract beyond 2017. Unforunately, there is a new 3-year contract with RTL in the pipeline, which means we get the same clueless commentators inbetween the commercial breaks:tdown:👎
Was ready to pay for a live stream, just like the WEC

Was hoping to get the live streaming world wide next year, as both German broadcasters (RTL and Sky) have no contract beyond 2017. Unforunately, there is a new 3-year contract with RTL in the pipeline, which means we get the same clueless commentators inbetween the commercial breaks:tdown:👎
Was ready to pay for a live stream, just like the WEC
If they are writing a new contract, don't be surprised if streaming is not included so that F1 can do it with their service.

Back