Formula 1 Qatar Airways Azerbaijan Grand Prix 2026 (Saturday race)Formula 1 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 73 comments
  • 2,678 views
Dangerous. Why were they waving green flags next to the Bottas wreck?
Yeh, I'm also wondering how Max was able to close up so much pretty much right through the hazard - I reckon the stewards need to take a look at that.

The marshalling has been a bit suspect today.

Great job by Russell to hold on for the win, superb drives from both the top 2 and Kimi - entertaining race too.
 
Last edited:
Dangerous. Why were they waving green flags next to the Bottas wreck?
The green flag was after the crash, so that makes sense. Would have been way better to throw a VSC though. Pretty sure the only reason they didn't was to keep the fight going. Safety decisions should never be made based on race outcome
 
George was flawless. Good recovery from Kimi.

Max put in another solid performance. Nice to see Hadjar on the podium.

Haas with double points?! Nice.

Sainz point?! Nice.

Crap day for McLaren. Hopefully next weekend is better. 😤
 
Devastated as a McLaren fan, but otherwise, very solid race overall. Can't say that didn't deliver all the drama I expected Baku to bring.

Looking forward to being back at Sepang!

Spicy comment from Lando in the media pen interview 😂
 
Last edited:
I wish I go to Sepang next week but almost all of the tickets has been sold out*. Oh well, I guess I'll watch it on TV instead.

*Except Paddock Club, which is too pricy for me. I'll pass.
 
Happy for George. Tough season for him.
 
Roo
George's first Grand Slam.
In spaceship!
Anyone should be able to reach it that way...
Max did the real job, but fortuna didn't awarded him.
 
Excellent race and well fone to Russell and Verstappen they drove fantastic races. Its not easy having a maximum attack veratappen behind you for thqt many laps. Ferrari were never going to be great here with that long straight, maybe they've focused on next year already.
 
5 grid places for Crashapinto, if he still has a job.

Alpine executive consultant Flavio Briatore said he was unimpressed with Colapinto’s driving.


“Obviously I’m extremely disappointed with the outcome of today’s race, knowing we lost valuable points in the championship fight,” he said in a statement issued by Alpine. “These sort of incidents shouldn’t happen, particularly when we were running well with both cars in point-scoring positions.


“I feel very sorry for the team and for Pierre who did a great job all weekend and my apologies also go to Lando and McLaren for ruining their race.


“I know that Franco has taken full responsibility for it, as he should; in fact he braked far too late considering the context of the race and the safety car restart. It was a very poor move for a driver of his experience. I want to take time to reflect on it and consider what course of action should be taken, so we can learn from it and avoid such a situation in future.”
 
Alpine executive consultant Flavio Briatore said he was unimpressed with Colapinto’s driving.
I think his otherwise excellent track record will see him off the hook for this one - it was also just pure bad luck that he took out his teammate - it wasn't like he took out Gasly in a rash overtaking move, he had lost it already and was clearly going to hit someone, and it was unfortunate it was the other Alpine.

Also, when it comes to crashes on street circuits, I think Briatore should probably hold his counsel.
 
Did anyone see this?

It worries me. What if the car loses it's brakes at another section of the track? What if it happens with cars in front? What if too much power is deployed? The hybrid systems on these cars are just too complicated. There's too much automation. The onboard computer shouldn't get "confused" as to the whereabouts of the car and then start acting up. That is a serious safety risk and I hope something is done before a major incident occurs.
 
Did anyone see this?

It worries me. What if the car loses it's brakes at another section of the track? What if it happens with cars in front? What if too much power is deployed? The hybrid systems on these cars are just too complicated. There's too much automation. The onboard computer shouldn't get "confused" as to the whereabouts of the car and then start acting up. That is a serious safety risk and I hope something is done before a major incident occurs.

Safety is not the priority.
 
Back