Formula cars in GT Sport alternate solution

Mexico
GDL, Mexico
Insomniac_driver
Last night while I was trying to fell asleep I had some kind of idea on how to cover the lack of formula cars in GT Sport. Most probably the reason why we are npot getting formula cars is due licensing (we know that F1 license is currently under codemaster domian, formula e with Turn 10 and Indy it doesn't seem to be that important for PD).

Considering the partnership with FIA, I think a good solution that PD could deliver is to create their own regulated formula car, this is, in association with the FIA create parameter and restrictions forma formula car (just as F1 rules) and get manufactures involed with the development of engines and sponsorship, this wouldn't be hard consideirng how easy mor eof them got into the VGT project.

Imagine having a virtual formula car completely designed by PD and FIA, but with variations in engine and some aerodynamic aspects depending of manufacturer (e.g. Mercedes, BMW, Porsche)

I don't know how hard would be to get an idea like this working, specially in the short/mid term, but for some reason I found it like a good alternative for future formula car integration in the game :)

Please let me know your toughts (and move the tthread in case I was choosen the incorrect sub forum)

Last night while I was trying to fell asleep I had some kind of idea on how to cover the lack of formula cars in GT Sport. Most probably the reason why we are npot getting formula cars is due licensing (we know that F1 license is currently under codemaster domian, formula e with Turn 10 and Indy it doesn't seem to be that important for PD).

Last I heard, Indycar series has exclusive license with another developer (can't recall if its the current people over rFactor 2 or someone else).

Even, it seems the series as a whole doesn't appear to be that important to most devs. Other then Forza 5 and PCARS (though it was not really much of a effort), that's kinda it.

The fastest and cheapest way to accomplish this would be building a fictional F1 car that resembles the real thing, much like they did with the Formula Gran Turismo '04. Add several livery options and you're all set!

The issue is if they build them really close, then with a livery editor you basically get the actual cars. Which I assume will cause licensing issues.

The issue is if they build them really close, then with a livery editor you basically get the actual cars. Which I assume will cause licensing issues.
I would disable the editor for the Formula car, that's one way to deal with it. 👍 Perhaps add one nice livery and option to choose between multiple colour combinations, like on the FGT.

A Formula car should definitely make an appearance, GTS currently lacks variety of machines.

Mods do This exact thing in other games (AC) and no licensing issues, if it comes the game make they can have say but if it comes from the public they can't I think

With a seemingly more calmer head at the helm of FOM, I think old days of expecting a Cease and Desist from them is a lot less likely unless you really are stupid enough to think you'll profit without them getting at least a smell of that.

With a seemingly more calmer head at the helm of FOM, I think old days of expecting a Cease and Desist from them is a lot less likely unless you really are stupid enough to think you'll profit without them getting at least a smell of that.
As long as you don't call it "official" pick your series, you can make and paint whatever you want

Back