United States
Corona,CA
Redsuns-RB
Qualifying: January 14th, 2012 3:30 pm PST Top 32

Top 32 Battle: January 15th, 2012 12:30 PST

Top 16 Battle: January 21st, 2012 1:30 PST

Course: Grand Valley Speedway

Course Layout: Undecided At This Time

Practice: This should be a familar track for everyone. There will be a practice session for 30 minutes prior to the event start. Racers will have 2 minutes to exit the track after the practice session is over.

Judging: Will be based off a Formula Drift 100 point system.
Angle-25 points
Line-25 points
Speed-20 points
Overall-30 points

Rules:

The tires being used will be comfort hards only. The HP limit is 550. Lower HP cars will get first option to lead or chase first.

Lag: If at any point during a run a racer lags out and gets kicked from the room they will have 5 minutes to get back on track or it will result in a DQ and their opponent will advance.

Rooms:
There is going to be 1 room for the competition. Everyone will be staged in a text chat, and will be notified.

If you are entering Please post in the thread in this format for ease of editing the original post.

COMP INFORMATION
Everyone will have to be in the room and ready 5 Mins prior to Quaiflying/Top 32/Top 16 Times posted above

There also will be match for the losers of the semi-final round for 3rd place.

This is going to be a top 32 comp. There will be a qualifying session prior to racing. Drivers will get 2 runs to qualify. Your qualifying score will then be used for the seeding of the brackets. This is the fairest way to establish a bracket. All entry's will be notified thru a text chat.

The qualifying session is being held before the event to keep the actual comp from being extremely long and drawn out. After you have qualified you can leave so we dont create lag in qualfying room. Until then please remain quickly available. So there is no extreme waiting between runs. To make everything easier everyone will be judged according to the entry list.

The sum of the score from the 3 judges will be added up and divided by three. The best overall score will be used for the seeding of the brackets.

Example:
90+93+91=274
274/3=91.3

91.3 would be the score used.

Judges:
If any are willing to judge and help me with this comp please let me know.

Please post your PSN name and horse power so i can get everyone on the entry list thanks guys.

Last and final thing there are prizes.

1st Place- $150 USD
2nd Place- $100 USD
3rd Place- $50 USD
4th Place- $25 USD

All money will be mailed to winners at a further date once i have gotten addresses and such.

One you copied info from another drift comp op. And two ask jordan about the money prizes. Last I check you couldn't send out money.

Its all about the money lol. Seen lots of competitions with money rewards .... I say you should remove that.
The best reward you can get is respect and being honoured.

How much GMT was PST again? Can't look for it through phone.

If the difference between PST and GMT is 6 hours I could compete. Write my name down but I have to decide car, depends on section. I think I will use a 180SX 446 HP. I dont know if my school exams are that week or the week after it so I will let you know soon.

yes i took a few things from another comp page but rules are basically the same no harm in that. and as far as the money goes a message was sent to jordan and i am waiting for a reply so at this time that is an unknown

Its ok that He used my comp setup. I have no problems judging and helping RB. Just let me know.

RickyBobby1219
yes i took a few things from another comp page but rules are basically the same no harm in that. and as far as the money goes a message was sent to jordan and i am waiting for a reply so at this time that is an unknown

Okay! I'm intersted. Not the money, but the fun.

fastfox400
Its ok that He used my comp setup. I have no problems judging and helping RB. Just let me know.

Okay.

Actually RB I would possibly like to compete depending on how quickly I get use to the Z

I think when spank noted on the fact that you took that from another thread, he meant you took it without giving the rightful owner their dues. Always gotta give props to the owners, keeps the world spinning :D

In all fairness... in it for the money. ;)

PSN: SeanWelland
Car: Nissan Fairlady Z (Z33) - 507BHP

Last edited:
If you are dealing with actual currency, are you willing to convert it if someone from another country wins? Though the moderators of GTP or the site owner cannot be responsible if anything is lost within the mail or prize not attained.

these drift battles that limit hp to a measly 550hp really doesn't give that much of a challenge ... to me drifting a <550hp car is just limiting the amount of different drift cars your can use and driving styles will all be the same. I have not yet to be impressed with anything below 550hp.

Well I guess that's your opinion for me over 550hp is too much it's also the end of practical daily driven cars with potential. To high end exotic cars that (shouldn't to me) be drifting as they are built to race. It's also unfair to majority of drifter that drift nissan 180sx to mazda rx-7 when they are confronted with a 700hp ferarri

Drift_Monkey
these drift battles that limit hp to a measly 550hp really doesn't give that much of a challenge ... to me drifting a <550hp car is just limiting the amount of different drift cars your can use and driving styles will all be the same. I have not yet to be impressed with anything below 550hp.

Haha you seen me, im pretty impressive.

All money will be mailed to winners at a further date once i have gotten addresses and such.

No.

AUP
You will not use these forums to impersonate any person or entity, disguise the origin of any posting, nor collect or store personal data about other users.

Thread locked while the site staff discuss whether we want to allow you to run a competition with cash prizes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back