Formula E Race-Off Pro Series

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 12 comments
Ireland
Codemasters (EA)
PJTierney
c3f98774-45e1-4422-978b-ccac1b7197cc.jpg

http://fiaformulae.com/en/news/2016/march/formula-e-launches-breakthrough-race-off-pro-series.aspx

The fully-electric FIA Formula E Championship has launched its first ever virtual championship - Race Off Pro Series - to be held alongside its real-world season.

[...]

The championship will comprise of at least four online rounds, which will serve as a preview to the on-track action ahead of the Formula E races in Long Beach, Paris, Berlin and London.

[...]

The first event starts at 12pm GMT on March 24, when a Rivals event will open in the Forza Motorsport 6 Xbox Live lobby. Entrants will have to set their fastest lap around the Long Beach East circuit in an unmodified Formula E car.

The time trial will close at 11.59pm GMT on March 31. The fastest 10 players across the globe will then be invited to compete in a live Pro Series final, which will be held on April 2 in a bespoke online lobby.

The top-two from each Pro Series final will then be invited to London in an all-expenses paid trip, where they will race off against the successful finalists from all the other events to contest the inaugural Race Off Pro Championship, and win a share of the €15,000 prize fund and other amazing prizes.

e6b31bb3-3512-427e-8b65-886f1a9a8136.jpg

http://fiaformulae.com/en/raceoff-1.aspx

The Pro Series is your chance to become a Champion and prove yourself against the world’s finest virtual Formula E drivers.

Held before each race of the Formula E season, fans simply have to log onto Forza Motorsport 6 and visit the ‘Rivals’ mode. There, they will find the Formula E Race Off Pro Series event and have the chance to set their fastest times in hot lap competitions.

Those finishing in the Top 10 when the time trial closes will be invited to take part in the Time Trial finals; live-streamed by ESL the morning of each race. The Top 2 from each time trial will be flown to compete in the Pro Series Championship, held live in Battersea Park during the final rounds of the season in London.

Time-trials open 12pm GMT and close 11:59pm.

Round 1 – Time trials: March 24 to March 31, Final: April 2
Round 2 – Time trials: April 14 to April 21, Final: April 23
Round 3 – May 12 to May 19, Final: May 21
Round 4 – May 26 to June 2, Final: June 4
Pro Series Championship – July 2 to July 3

Saw this earlier, wondering if it is worth getting Forza 6 for probably small chance of getting in an online race tomorrow.

I'm still quite confused on how the racing tomorrow is working, as they've invited a number of people from the Forza community to go and compete in Leicester, who then each get to choose members of their respective streaming/video communities as teammates to take part in 1 race each (I think) and the "team leader" races in each race. Although sorry to rub it in :guilty:, but I've been picked as a teammate for The Gaming Libertines (great streamer/racer, and always open for people of all abilities to come join us online, shameless plug) so I should hopefully get to do a race, which is why some people might have seen me driving Formula E's everywhere these last few days :lol:, practicing and just hoping I don't cause any crashes :nervous:. I wonder if the viewers will be joining these team races or if they're racing separately before/after.

But even if you don't make it in to this one chances are they'll probably run in a similar format for other events so they'll always be more chances to get in as a viewer, especially if this race-off goes as successfully as the first did, in terms of viewers at least, not quite sure on how the event itself was handled :lol:. I remember racing your hot laps on the demo so if you still have the XB1 and don't need to buy another just for the chance then I'd recommend it, FM6 can be picked up new now for around £20, and like I've said there may be more chances in the future as Formula E seem to have caught on that this gets them some more publicity.

--

This whole series sounds exciting even if I wouldn't stand a chance at qualifying, although I think I'll need breaks to drive in other cars as the Formula E completely destroys my ability to drive anything else. I have improved by a lot in the car in the last few days though, and now focusing on consistency rather than outright speed, but my race pace now is around about what my best hot lap times were on the first day of practice so hopefully I'm good to go.

I'm still quite confused on how the racing tomorrow is working, as they've invited a number of people from the Forza community to go and compete in Leicester, who then each get to choose members of their respective streaming/video communities as teammates to take part in 1 race each (I think) and the "team leader" races in each race. Although sorry to rub it in :guilty:, but I've been picked as a teammate for The Gaming Libertines (great streamer/racer, and always open for people of all abilities to come join us online, shameless plug) so I should hopefully get to do a race, which is why some people might have seen me driving Formula E's everywhere these last few days :lol:, practicing and just hoping I don't cause any crashes :nervous:. I wonder if the viewers will be joining these team races or if they're racing separately before/after.

But even if you don't make it in to this one chances are they'll probably run in a similar format for other events so they'll always be more chances to get in as a viewer, especially if this race-off goes as successfully as the first did, in terms of viewers at least, not quite sure on how the event itself was handled :lol:. I remember racing your hot laps on the demo so if you still have the XB1 and don't need to buy another just for the chance then I'd recommend it, FM6 can be picked up new now for around £20, and like I've said there may be more chances in the future as Formula E seem to have caught on that this gets them some more publicity.

--

This whole series sounds exciting even if I wouldn't stand a chance at qualifying, although I think I'll need breaks to drive in other cars as the Formula E completely destroys my ability to drive anything else. I have improved by a lot in the car in the last few days though, and now focusing on consistency rather than outright speed, but my race pace now is around about what my best hot lap times were on the first day of practice so hopefully I'm good to go.
I would have gone Leicester as it is quite close but I assume they're already fully booked. Sent an e-mail but got no reply. Wonder if possible to get their phone number (You seem to know people in the know ;) ;)), if someone doesn't make it then I would travel there just for the fun of it and make an embarrassment of myself with my noobness. :lol:

Good to hear you've got a place. Hopefully you win, know you're really rapid with the pad on racing games. 👍

Still have the Xbox One and got Xbox Live Gold membership for a few more years, just don't play games that much anymore on any platform. My "gaming" nowadays seems to be turn PC on, get a load of updates then turn off and same for Xbox One and PS4. :lol: If I get Forza probably take a while to install and update. May just tune into the stream today and see how long it will be until the online race and decide then if it is feasible, procrastination FTW!

Regarding the whole series, it is tempting to get a wheel and see if I could be competitive or if I would be slower than pad. Feel too old to put myself through that though, had enough :banghead: moments to last me a lifetime already. Think there will be a lot more fast gamers giving Forza a go due to the prizes so should get a whole lot more competitive. Best of luck today. 👍

Last edited:
I would have gone Leicester as it is quite close but I assume they're already fully booked. Sent an e-mail but got no reply. Wonder if possible to get their phone number (You seem to know people in the know ;) ;)), if someone doesn't make it then I would travel there just for the fun of it and make an embarrassment of myself with my noobness. :lol:

I honestly don't know how it's all been sorted so I don't even know if it's open to people just turning up or if people can book to race there with the guys, the team leaders end up in Leicester whereas us teammates are joining through Xbox Live, at least that's what I've been told as I have absolutely no contact with the people organizing it. Johnson (my team leader) just asked me if I'd be available to race on Saturday from noon and I said yes :lol:. Looking on Facebook now it's sounding as if this team event is in addition to the other racing going on today, I'm just going to be online and see what happens, if I get in, I'll do my best, if I don't then at least I've got better at driving the Formula E ready for next time.

If your driving in the demo was anything to go by I don't think you'd embarrass yourself, the people invited as team leaders to this team event just seem to be popular Youtubers/Twitch streamers, and popular does not always mean fast ;).

Good to hear you've got a place. Hopefully you win, know you're really rapid with the pad on racing games. 👍

Thanks, I think our team is pretty crazy from what I've seen, and from those announced I am almost certainly the slowest of our team (unless we're driving the VW bus :D) but I believe we all use the pad for Forza. I'd be scared if any other team saw our roster and was suddenly confident they'd be winning this to be honest :scared:. Anyway hopefully I get a good starting position and the fast guys all start at the back while I try to make my escape :lol:.

Good luck on getting in if you do decide to get Forza though, I'll probably hang around in the stream when I'm not racing, so hopefully I'll see you racing and winning :D ;).

I seem to be missing some info: there's a public race as well as Rivals events? I can't find the event info anywhere!

I seem to be missing some info: there's a public race as well as Rivals events? I can't find the event info anywhere!

The public event tomorrow as far as I can tell is unrelated to these rivals events in the OP, but just found this page which has more information than I can find elsewhere Link. Viewers getting in to separate races (between the competition races) appears to be done by answering questions, somehow.

I think they really need to work on making the information more available, or easier to find. I don't even know what I'm doing really and I'm supposed to race at some point :lol:.

Game was out of stock locally and would take too long to download digitally so missed out on opportunity but seems quite competitive looking at where @Im_Lukas finished. Doesn't seem much demand to be involved in the race so if there is a next time then I will be prepared for it.

Well done to Jérôme d'Ambrosio, beat Zak (Winner of Senna & Prost race). 👍

Last edited:
I raced on Prague (4 laps :confused:) for my bit, started 6th I think and picked up 2 places through turn 1, then was making the pass for 3rd around the outside of turn 2 which should have gone fine, but unfortunately the guy on the inside turned in too far and hit the wall causing him to bounce off in to me, leaving me in last place by a long way :lol:. Wasn't intentional and it's quite a common mistake to make, I think they realised this and then waited to let me past so 👍 to that guy. Spent the rest of lap 1 catching some other racers who had issues and ended up in 9th just beside one of the TX3 guys (very fast) who was leading but made a mistake in the final chicane.

Lap 2 I had some good racing with the TX3 guy with lots of respect as we very quickly caught up the next 2 guys and passed them, but then I forgot to change gear for the chicane which threw me off and spun me out :dunce:, unfortunately catching someone else in the mess :( (the TX3 guy was already through) who I then waited for and let them pass me again. Lap 3 was very uneventful apart from re-passing the previous guy for 8th, I don't know if he just couldn't see me but he really left no space and I had to squeeze through both times I passed him, the lap before I was right alongside on the bridge and he just moved in to me :lol:.

Lap 4 there was a huge gap in front and behind so I just went for a hot lap, setting a 1:53.5, next best time from anyone was a 1:54.9 by my team leader who pretty much led from lap 2 until the end, but even that lap still had me 5 seconds off the guy in front of me as we crossed the line who was running ~7 seconds slower.

The conclusion: Avoid accidents at all cost in shorter races, and consistency is king.

@Saidur_Ali the spread of best laps that race went from my 1:53.5 up to a 2:07.6 if we exclude the guy who I think had damage turned on and set a 2:22. So I think it isn't as competitive as it seems, just the short race meant if you get caught up in something there's no chance to catch back up.

--

Unfortunately in race 1 on Rio both of our team members got caught up in some crashes and finished quite far down the order, but it looks like the French Forza elite are out to play on the French Youtubers team so there is some very tough competition in some areas :).

Edit: YES!!! I can go play with other cars now :lol:.

Last edited:
I raced on Prague (4 laps :confused:) for my bit, started 6th I think and picked up 2 places through turn 1, then was making the pass for 3rd around the outside of turn 2 which should have gone fine, but unfortunately the guy on the inside turned in too far and hit the wall causing him to bounce off in to me, leaving me in last place by a long way :lol:. Wasn't intentional and it's quite a common mistake to make, I think they realised this and then waited to let me past so 👍 to that guy. Spent the rest of lap 1 catching some other racers who had issues and ended up in 9th just beside one of the TX3 guys (very fast) who was leading but made a mistake in the final chicane.

Lap 2 I had some good racing with the TX3 guy with lots of respect as we very quickly caught up the next 2 guys and passed them, but then I forgot to change gear for the chicane which threw me off and spun me out :dunce:, unfortunately catching someone else in the mess :( (the TX3 guy was already through) who I then waited for and let them pass me again. Lap 3 was very uneventful apart from re-passing the previous guy for 8th, I don't know if he just couldn't see me but he really left no space and I had to squeeze through both times I passed him, the lap before I was right alongside on the bridge and he just moved in to me :lol:.

Lap 4 there was a huge gap in front and behind so I just went for a hot lap, setting a 1:53.5, next best time from anyone was a 1:54.9 by my team leader who pretty much led from lap 2 until the end, but even that lap still had me 5 seconds off the guy in front of me as we crossed the line who was running ~7 seconds slower.

The conclusion: Avoid accidents at all cost in shorter races, and consistency is king.

@Saidur_Ali the spread of best laps that race went from my 1:53.5 up to a 2:07.6 if we exclude the guy who I think had damage turned on and set a 2:22. So I think it isn't as competitive as it seems, just the short race meant if you get caught up in something there's no chance to catch back up.

--

Unfortunately in race 1 on Rio both of our team members got caught up in some crashes and finished quite far down the order, but it looks like the French Forza elite are out to play on the French Youtubers team so there is some very tough competition in some areas :).

Edit: YES!!! I can go play with other cars now :lol:.

Well the team I was in (Apex Racing) held their own albeit with one of own being taken out at Rio and ended up finishing 10th. :crazy:

Our team leader Joe lost it at Long beach and finished 6th and I finished 3rd due to a good starting position and avoiding trouble. :D

2nd overall with 99 points is something I'm very happy with. 👍

Well the team I was in (Apex Racing) held their own albeit with one of own being taken out at Rio and ended up finishing 10th. :crazy:

Our team leader Joe lost it at Long beach and finished 6th and I finished 3rd due to a good starting position and avoiding trouble. :D

2nd overall with 99 points is something I'm very happy with. 👍

You were racing? Nice one, I didn't catch on to that :lol:. I will have to watch the races again to see what else I've missed. If you finished 3rd does that mean you passed Raceboy? I didn't see on the stream as they were watching someone else at the time.

Our team leader started 10th, 10th, 12th and then finally 1st but ironically won at the track he struggled most with when we practiced (Prague, my best track) and had his worst results on the tracks he was best at because of the wrecks. I just wish the races were either a bit longer, or they had some form of qualifying beforehand to sort the grids out, because random really didn't seem to like some people :lol:. Rio was an absolute shocker for our team, my teammates tell me it was like bumper cars that whole race :crazy:.

Also if you're location on GTP is correct, at least 2 of us racing in Lincoln :lol:. Congrats on 2nd place in the tournament though! 👍

Correct on both my location and passing Raceboy. :)

He ended up cutting it too close to the inside wall at turn one on lap 5 and I picked up the pieces and got 3rd. :D

Had a go at first time trial, seems better to call this series Formula Drift. :lol:

Seems much more easy to drift them cars than to drive them fast. Even though only a few corners to get right on current time trial, can't hook up a decent lap. Only seem to be able to match cornering speeds on the odd corner of the fastest people but not string them together in one lap. Anyway I suppose I got the fastest lap on leaderboard showing without use of clutch button although should be possible to go a second faster.

Back