Formula Gran Turismo One Make @ Monza

Can someone exlain to me how people are blatantly cheating this race? I have been passed a few times by people with super speed (not boost because they are not a lap down). The last replay i looked at the guy was going 200+ mph in 6th gear and topping out/hitting the rev limiter at 205 or so for halfway down the front straight! (?)

True, but in this case we were not all that far behind the leader. He cut the last chicane, got the corner cutting penalty, and was still up to max speed which was more like 210 (i think i said 205 before) by the time he reached the last corner. Then on the last corner i get a pretty decent run out and am approaching 200 at the end of the front straight and he, roughly the same distance behind the leader, is already up in the 200s and maxing out around 210 halfway down the front straight. If it was boost i would be getting the same bonus.

If he was a lap down i could see it but this was definitely not boost (unless they have figured out a way to turn on max boost somehow). I've seen more than one person doing this.

Here is a screen cap of me and him on the same lap. As you can see he is at 200mph in 6th gear which isn't even possible in my car because I hit the rev limiter at 185ish and would have to shift to 7th at that point. I am at around the same revs in 6th here and only doing around 184 compared to his 200. As you can see he is in front of me meaning if anything i should be getting more of a boost than him but it is not the case.

It is like he is getting some kind of god wind pushing him faster than it should even be possible to go in that gear. I wouldn't say he is hacking per se but there is definitely some type of glitch or exploit going on.

Attachments

• monzaexploit.jpg
    monzaexploit.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 43
Here is a screen cap of me and him on the same lap. As you can see he is at 200mph in 6th gear which isn't even possible in my car because I hit the rev limiter at 185ish and would have to shift to 7th at that point. I am at around the same revs in 6th here and only doing around 184 compared to his 200. As you can see he is in front of me meaning if anything i should be getting more of a boost than him but it is not the case.

It is like he is getting some kind of god wind pushing him faster than it should even be possible to go in that gear. I wouldn't say he is hacking per se but there is definitely some type of glitch or exploit going on.

The fastest I have ever been on that back straight was 193 and I too have had people go bye like I was standing still. Also had people with penalties go by me as if it gave them boost rathert than the dreaded slowdown. I always assume it's a player hackiing as it's few and far between the ones who do it.

There are a ton of glitches, but it's still fun. I know on one clean run I won with a 4:46.xxx and the next night I won with a clean run at 5:06.xxx. Some not so clean wins had times as slow as 5:12.xxx. The boost is ridiculous, almost random. But if you're leading it definitely slows your car down, ALOT!...usually.

I also notice some Brazilians and Japanses guys cutting the last chicane off to gain a couple seconds. The penalty doesn't cover the gain. I'm sure others have done it, but I've seen a dozen or so all from those two countries. Wierd, probably only happening in my races. I saved a few of the vids.

I also notice that a lot of drivers don't realize how well the car will corner of you enter and exit correctly. Judging by the fact I rear end them often when they nearly stop in mid speed turns. Once I spot them I have to brake 3 or 4 car lengths early and harder.

Still fun though!

wedjim I have experienced the same midcorner shenanigans. I think it's intentional brake checking as there is no escape route once on line in the corner. It happens way to often. I have also seen the guys running around the wall of the last chicane and they come out in front even with the penalty. Some pull it off and some don't but more and more are attemping it. I've won with 4:44:xxx and then next login run a 5:12 as well. Seems to be no reason but you can bet if your running 5:12 someone else blows by you like you're standing still. Wish they would get their s__t together and give us a consistant race enviroment. Again I agree that it's mostly still fun.

Had some good races last night. 4-7 cars seems to really let the lap times quicken. I won with a 4:56 in one race and got 3rd with a 4:54 in the next, all 5 cars in the 4:54-4:57 range!

That was fun and lasted a few races in a row.

Back