Formula Gran Turismo suitable for 24h races ?

Messages
109
Germany
Germany
Hi @all :) !

First of all, I'm new here (first thread) but I have been reading this forum for years already because it's the best GT forum on earth :) !

I have a question for those who already completed or at least are able to access the 24h endurance races (Le Mans and Nürburgring):

I'm currently A-Spec level 33 and I'm planning to do the first 24 h race, as soon as I reach level 35. Until now, I always used the Formula Gran Turismo to do the endurance races because I don't have the X1 (or X2010) (unfortunately it's absolutely impossible for me to achieve bronze with the controller at Sebastian Vettel challenge :grumpy:) ! Since the 24h races have day/night transition and the Formula Gran Turismo doesn't have any lights, I was wondering if I can use it for these races at all because how am I supposed to see anything when it is dark and I don't have any lights ?

So can anybody tell me if this is possible or whether I have to use a car with lights ?

Thx a lot in advance !
 
I almost never use the driving line but I know that it glows at night. If you follow the driving line at night, you should be good. You might want to try and memorize the track or at least have a general idea of where the turns are, just in case.
 
I just recently drove the FGT on the 24hr corse at night. Driving at night with no lights on a car that fast is VERY challenging, even with the driving line on, however, it is possible. At night you would be better off to go with something like the Minolta, but considering you have 12 hours of day light, might be faster with the FGT, even without lights. I dont see any regulations that would allow the game to restrict a car just because it lacks lights though
 
I used it a lot in GT4 endurance races ever since I unlocked it its a great car and handles great just wears out the tires fast so you are better off to use the minolta on that part. Overall its very quick and takes the lead fast so you dont have to worry about losing the race. As for lights use driving line and hope PS3 doesnt get YLOD
 
Thx for all the replies :) !

Hm, I guess I will then use another car (with lights), since I will dominate the other cars anyway and it's too risky for me to see nothing (except the driving line) at night :) !
 
Back