Formula GT: The United States Grand Prix***RESULTS POSTED***

  • Thread starter Thread starter RACECAR
  • 16 comments
  • 1,178 views

RACECAR

Keeper of the Undocumented Changes Threads.
Moderator
Messages
37,237
United States
Addison,Texas
Messages
GTP_RACECAR
f1wcrq3.png

UNITED STATES GRAND PRIX​

wctrinfineonracewaysporcr3.gif
NOTICE: ASM is illegal in all sessions. TCS is optional.
NOTICE: There is no penalty for contact during Formula GT races, but try and stay clean.
NOTICE: Contact with the wall or getting more than 2 tires off course during a qualifying lap makes that lap illegal.

Qualifying Session

*Arcade Mode - Time Trial - Infineon Raceway Sports Car Course
*Japan - Polyphony Digital - Formula GT - 713HP 599KG
*RM Tyres are to be used
*Send Split Times and Total Lap Time to RACECAR
*Times Due October 15th before midnight your local time
*NOTICE: Failure to include split times will result in the driver receiving no credit for pole position

The Race

*Arcade Mode - Single Race - Infineon Raceway Sports Car Course
* 24 Laps
Any Tyre Combination is allowed
* Tire Wear: Mild
*Japan - Polyphony Digital - Formula GT - +1HP 713HP 599KG
* AI Difficulty is up to you
*Send in the following:
*Total Time:
*Fast Lap:
*Times Due October 19th before midnight GMT
Qualifying
October 15th
1. east - 1.08.875
WHITE-BLUEFIXSMALL.jpg

2. MadMax86 - 1'09.459
WHITEFIXSMALL.jpg

3. RACECAR - 1'09.598
SILVER-BLACKFIXSMALL.jpg
USsmall.jpg

4. Kingofweasles - 1:10.630
WHITEFIXSMALL.jpg
USsmall.jpg

5. ABud - 1'12.602
REDFIXSMALL.jpg
GBFLAGSMALL.jpg

6.CAMikaze - 1'13.152
SILVER-BLACKFIXSMALL.jpg
USsmall.jpg

7.Marooned - 1'18.817
ORANGEFIXSMALL.jpg
egypt.jpg


Winning Splits:
T1 - 15.137
T2 - 45.387

Session Status:
checkeredflag.jpg


United States Grand Prix
October 19th
1. RACECAR - 29'42.247
SILVER-BLACKFIXSMALL.jpg
USsmall.jpg

2. MadMax86 - 30'31.643
WHITEFIXSMALL.jpg

3. Kingofweasles - 31'11.406
WHITEFIXSMALL.jpg
USsmall.jpg

4. ABud - 31'39.452
REDFIXSMALL.jpg
GBFLAGSMALL.jpg

5.Marooned - 32'54.397
ORANGEFIXSMALL.jpg
egypt.jpg

6.CAMikaze - 34'46.646
SILVER-BLACKFIXSMALL.jpg
USsmall.jpg


Fastest Time: MadMax86 - 1'10.782
Session Status:
checkeredflag.jpg




GREENFLAG.jpg
= Session is Active

YELLOWFLAG.jpg
= Session is delayed or slowed

REDFLAG.jpg
= Session is stopped

checkeredflag.jpg
= Session is finished


========================================
========================================
========================================
The Mystery of Gran Turismo GP nears
Written by: RACECAR
Dallas, TX – 10/13/2008
The USGP not only serves as the second to last round in the championship, it also serves as the time when the GTGP is revealed. When asked when during this week will it be announced, RACECAR gave a very detailed anwer. "On Wednesday at 6:00PM, we'll its location. It'll be is significant for it'll signify the end of this wonderful series and signal a new beginning" Some assume he may be reffering to the new Formula Ferrari series, which is scheduled for testing the day after the Final round of FGT.

Hometown Debut
Written by: RACECAR
Sonoma, Ca – 10/15/2008
The USGP now has yet another significant importance as it marks the racing debut of California Native Kingofweasles. he has vast experience around the 4.85 Km course and may be a facter for the win, even while he doesn't expect pole his first time out.

GTGP heads to the rising sun
Written by: RACECAR
Sonoma, CA – 10/15/2008
At the conclusion of Qualifying for the United States Grand Prix, RACECAR finally revealed the location of the final race for FGT. "Ladies and Gentleman, We now end our series where we begin a new chapter...Suzuka" The Gran Turismo Grand Prix, Formula GT's closing race, will end at Suzuka Circuit

FGT: Interview with Kingofweasles
Written by: Kingofweasles
Sonoma, CA – 10/16/2008
Earlier this morning, We sat down with Kingweasles. We ask questions regarding his racing as well as his financial troubles and many other things.
____________________

Q: What has brought you here to Formula GT?

A: Well, in truth i've been trying to get a ride in this series since it's inception. I tested for some teams early on and was mooted for a drive with the Red Rock Racing team last year...But i couldn't come up with enough money or secondary sponsorship to seal the deal...

Q: I take it that's been the story of you're career?

A: Yeah, pretty much! *Laughs* ...I mean, i've always wanted to race in open-wheeled cars, but you need lots of money to make it happen and i always had rides in Sports, GT's and Touring cars to pay the bills. Combine that with trying to get my Race Team (Weasleboy Racing) off the ground and it looked pretty expensive to race in FGT. With the way the world economy is right now, I wasn't really surprised when almost all of the teams from last year pulled out or went under. It's just my luck that the one chance i get to race in FGT is in the last two races it's last season...

Q: Speaking of which, what do you think of the current Formula GT?

A: Well, it can be pretty fun to drive, no question...But to be honest the qualifying time i ran today is only 5 seconds faster than the track record i set in the ALMS race last year. Compared to the car i tested in '07, it (The current spec) feels a little like a de-fanged animal. I mean, you still get the rush of cornering, braking and turning faster than in a LMP car, but the speed down the straightaways is about the same...I've driven wilder rides than this one, i'll tell you that much!

Q: With that said, do you feel that it was worth it? That all this time and effort to get here has paid off?

A: Well, it really depends on how the races go, how good the competition is. I said in an earlier interview that i'm not expecting to get the pole position for this race...I'm realistic about that kind of thing. I KNOW i'm good enough to hang with these guys and gals(?) but i'm not naive enough to think that i can just waltz in, with practically no experience and beat somebody like RACECAR or MadMax86 to the pole. Now, for the RACE however...*Smiles mischieviously*

Q: With FGT wrapping up after this season, what will the future hold for you and you're team?

A: Well, i WAS planning to enter the GTPLMS series this year, but had to pull out after the sponsors bounced couple of checks. I DO have something planned, but i can't talk about it right this moment.

Q: Well, thank you for you're time Kingofweasles and good luck on race day!

A: Thank YOU for taking the time to interview me! Oh, and shout-outs to all the boys back at Weasleboy Racing, and shout-out to Team Infinity for giving me a shot at this!

____________________________________________________________________
If you a story you would like to show, PM it to me and I shall put it up.
 
Last edited:
Code:
Drivers Championship

1. RACECAR  - 47
2. east     - 30
3. MadMax86 - 22
4. Marooned - 16
5. CAMikaze - 14  
6. ABud     - 14

Code:
Team Championship

1. Silver Arrows Racerworks - 53 
2. 2fast4u - 30
4. Infinity - 22
3. Orange - 16
5. Drain Goch - 14
 
Hey RACECAR. I was wondering how you would send you're times in...I'm pretty new to this kind of thing and was curious how it's done.
 
Hey RACECAR. I was wondering how you would send you're times in...I'm pretty new to this kind of thing and was curious how it's done.

You send you qualifying times in this format

T1:
T2:
Best lap:


And you send in your race times in this format:

Total Time
Best lap

Hope that helps:)
 
I think maybe he just means by what mechanism. In that case, it's by Private Message (PM), which you can fin din the drop down menu if you click on RACECAR's (or any other member's) username.
 
Good luck all, will give it a try tonight...
 
I think maybe he just means by what mechanism. In that case, it's by Private Message (PM), which you can fin din the drop down menu if you click on RACECAR's (or any other member's) username.

Hmmm didn't think about that and I just discovered he's a new member as well. He just PMed me so he has it down definately:)
 
Oops! Double post!
 
Last edited:
Man, after that qualifying session i'm starting to wonder why i never noticed how many car-upsetting bumps Infineon has!

Qualifying Time has been sent!
 
Man, after that qualifying session i'm starting to wonder why i never noticed how many car-upsetting bumps Infineon has!

There are few ,but try to figure how "fun" it was to do a qualify run at Nyrburgring :lol:

At the moment doind WRS 182 Nyrburgring hotlap in Alfa 155 Race Car '93:nervous:


Qualify time submitted 3:13 PM local time
 
Qual. time submitted....
 
Man, after that qualifying session i'm starting to wonder why i never noticed how many car-upsetting bumps Infineon has!

Qualifying Time has been sent!
I second it on both counts!:crazy:

I may have time to do the race if I can get home in plenty of time from my trip on Sunday. ;)
 
GOD, 10 sec diff. hope to improve with the race time :odd:, Good luck all
 
Race time submitted! I hope i'll do well!
 
Results are up. Nice job to Kingofweasles on his Podium finish in his debut home race:tup:
 
Results are up. Nice job to Kingofweasles on his Podium finish in his debut home race:tup:

Congrats for the win RACECAR 👍

and nice job there Kingofweasles bringing the points home 👍

RACECAR, could you also put my Tokyo R246 pole position +1 point in the next Race post.

I just realised that your name spells the same, even if read backwards RACECAR :D
 
Congrats for the win RACECAR 👍

and nice job there Kingofweasles bringing the points home 👍

RACECAR, could you also put my Tokyo R246 pole position +1 point in the next Race post.

I just realised that your name spells the same, even if read backwards RACECAR :D

Oh wow, I forgot about that pole you had. I'll add it. And how nice of you to notice my name:)
 
Back