Formula GT... what is it?

  • Thread starter Thread starter baldgye
  • 16 comments
  • 3,551 views
Messages
6,078
Germany
Germany
What is the Formula GT based on?

I've done the cup in silver and I can't work out what kind of real life race car is so bad to drive?
I'm currentally trying to re-do Suzuka and its raining... well ok fine... I've won at Suzuka in F1 2010 without issue, I enjoy the rain in F1 2010... but in this.. its not even close to playable...

for example, on the exit of the last cicain onto the start/finish straight there is a slight bend in the road... but in the FGT car, if your going full throttle, or even on the throttle at all, the car will spin out of control...
...now I'm on 'Racing: Rain" which I'm assuming is full wets...
but what kind of real life race can spins out on a track that dosnt even look wet, on a slight bend, whilst bein flat out...


...what kind of race car has such tiny amounts of down force?!


these are the settings I'm using;
ReikoNagase
downforce
F 70
R 90
Gear
top speed 242
LSD
15/45/55
suspension
height
5/5 10/10 for bumpy
spring rate 17.4/17.5
dampers E 8/8
dampers C 6/6
roll bars 7/7
camber angle F 2.0 R 1.0
Toe angle F 0.00 R -0.20
Brake balance 4/1
 
Maybe the tires on the FGT are not extreme wets?

In Formula1 they have the light wet track tyres and the monsoon like ones. Typically they will spin out if the tyres cannot pull enough water for what they were designed, don't remember how many litres those tyres displace but I don't know, havent driven that car since GT4.
 
I think Formula GT cars are horrific to drive in the rain and I had to resort to cheating to win - as I would spin out so many times every couple of laps I would have to cut corners to catch back up with the pack

The racing wets have no grip whatsoever and feel like slicks. For some reason I feel no matter what tire you pick there is actually no difference once it is raining. But at the end of the day we all have to struggle through this one and it's only one or two races. I had to do Suzuka twice to get the win - easily the toughest race I've experienced in GT5 to date.
 
I think Formula GT cars are horrific to drive in the rain and I had to resort to cheating to win - as I would spin out so many times every couple of laps I would have to cut corners to catch back up with the pack

The racing wets have no grip whatsoever and feel like slicks. For some reason I feel no matter what tire you pick there is actually no difference once it is raining. But at the end of the day we all have to struggle through this one and it's only one or two races. I had to do Suzuka twice to get the win - easily the toughest race I've experienced in GT5 to date.



yeah, it does feel like ur on slicks... which makes no sense at all...
 
it's actually not even drivable in the wet its so bad... did no1 bother to test this prior to launch?

Even if you don't have time to change the tyre textures, least they could have made it close to playable
 
Have you guys tried putting on skid recovery force. Its an assist that limits how much the car can skid. (Can be set at the beginning of the race)
 
I had to turn on a bunch of aids for the wet races. It still produced a close race so I don't feel like I cheated too badly. :p
 
I will quite happilly take the car off your hands.
 
Ive noticed a lot of cars spin out when they shouldnt be. You ever have a minolta spin out going down Nuremburg? I had a TT touring car spin out on nurburgring during my dream car championship. Got silver, was pissed. Still gotta go back and get gold, but thats a 3 lap 30 minute race, jesus.
 
I will quite happilly take the car off your hands.

yes me too, Im searching for it now about 5 days, every day, didnt miss even one used car list update, checking it every time I can.. where is it? why it is so super mega special? even I who plays GT5 alot cant find it... :nervous:
 
What is the Formula GT based on?
It's not actually based on anything. Polyphony doesn't have the licence to any open-wheel racing series, so it's just a generalised car.
 
Stupid question: Where do I even get this car?

Used car lot, appear every ~300 days for me (I'm on day 590 and seen it twice). It cost 4.8 mil and you have to be level 24.
 
It appears in the used car lot. I believe you need about four million dollars and you need to be at lvl. 24 in order to be able to buy it.
 
You guys should try the car with intermediates, it somehow has much more grip with those than with the rain tyres.
 
the corner you're speaking of is a slow corner and I beleieve it has a slight crest at entry.

Downforce isn't going to be doing anything for you there.

And your set up is a bit retarded. Set it up to understeer and soften the set up for more mechanical grip.

Your set up is like an oval set up or something.
 
the corner you're speaking of is a slow corner and I beleieve it has a slight crest at entry.

Downforce isn't going to be doing anything for you there.

And your set up is a bit retarded. Set it up to understeer and soften the set up for more mechanical grip.

Your set up is like an oval set up or something.


well, I know little about the details of a car set up and how to best optimise it for types of tracks, and its defult set up is pretty much horrible for every track (it seems) so while browsing round I found someone who seemed alot of people liked the set-up off, so I used it and its fine... on tracks I know in the dry...

though, any suggestions on setups would be welcome
 
Back