Formula GT World Cup

  • Thread starter Thread starter GTFever
  • 7 comments
  • 712 views
Messages
6
How or where do I get a polyphony GT car so I can race in the Formula GT World Cup championship race in the Extreme Hall? I know that by winning that cup, I would win a POLYPHONY Formula Gran Turismo '04 if I had the Japanese version. I have the U.S. version so I would win the Mercedes Sauber C 9 Race Car '89. Even if I had the Japanese version, I would still need a Formula GT car to be in the race.

Am I missing something???:grumpy:
 
You need to win the 24hr race at Nurb in order to win an FGT car... or if you know a friend that has one you can also buy it off his game save.

BTW: You do not "need" an FGT car to enter the FGT Championship... a couple of the LM cars tuned-in and driven well can be very competitive against ther AI driven FGT cars.
 
Thank you for the help. I did do a search, but this site is not exactly user friendly. I also posted the same question earlier in the wrong section.

I'm sorry to say that I just don't spend enough time on this site to maneuver through it gracefully.

Again thanks for the help and keep racing...
 
GTFever
I did do a search, but this site is not exactly user friendly.

Please explain - and make suggestions how you think this can be rectified.
 
Not user friendly? Please elaborate:tup:

I think this site pretty easy to get around, I mean, if I can find what I'm looking for narcotised (Well, just a bit anyway:dunce:!) on morphine and anaesthetic from my last visit to the orthopaedic surgeon, then you *should* be alright! If there was one thing I can think of, it would a slighter more refined search engine. Other than that, the site's fine:tup:

FormulaGT
 
Ok, let's see...

I first went into GT4 to try to post my question. I ended up posting somewhere else. Don't ask me where, I couldn't tell you if I tried to find it.

I got a reply from someone saying that I was in the wrong section and that I should try posting in the Gran Turismo board, which I thought I was in.

I went a second time to the GT4 and tried again. When you try to post you end up going to the FAQ section. I searched for "Polyphony Cars" and ended up getting a Ka-billion hits for topics ranging from "which is faster? a Supra or a Evolution?" to "How to get the pink Vitz".

The search should be able to narrow it down to just fewer hits.

In order to update my profile, I need to go into the "help" section to do that. Most other sites have a link to update from within that page.

Then, again, I'm 38 and not the best computer person in the house. I'm one of those who missed the window and decided not to learn about computers and now I'm way behind the curve.
 
GTFever
Ok, let's see...

I first went into GT4 to try to post my question. I ended up posting somewhere else. Don't ask me where, I couldn't tell you if I tried to find it.

I got a reply from someone saying that I was in the wrong section and that I should try posting in the Gran Turismo board, which I thought I was in.

I can. It's in "Computers & Web Design".

I've never heard of someone posting and it appearing elsewhere, so I suspect it isn't necessarily the site which is to blame. However, I'll keep an open mind and see if anyone else reports anything similar.


GTFever
I went a second time to the GT4 and tried again. When you try to post you end up going to the FAQ section.

Too many questions are asked which have been asked before. In order to minimise this, thread-starters are asked to check in the FAQ to see if their question has been asked before.

In your case, your question IS answered in the FAQ, and in the Prize Car Lists section which is the third link down on the thread-start prompt screen.


GTFever
I searched for "Polyphony Cars" and ended up getting a Ka-billion hits for topics ranging from "which is faster? a Supra or a Evolution?" to "How to get the pink Vitz".

The search should be able to narrow it down to just fewer hits.

It can. In the top-right of the screen is an "Advanced Search" link. Click on that and you can search for threads/posts of certain ages, by certain posters and, crucially, in specific forums.

Polyphony Digital are the makers of Gran Turismo. Searching for "Polyphony" would generate an hyoooooowge number of threads not even vaguely related to your query. Similarly, cars are quite a common topic on a board dedicated to a car-related computer game.

For your query, a search of "Formula GT" "prize" in the GT4 forum alone would have probably got you your result (Edit: In fact it will - 11th thread down). The key to effective searching is not the search engine, but knowing how to use it.


GTFever
In order to update my profile, I need to go into the "help" section to do that.

Not true. Top-leftmost link on any page - "My GTPlanet".

GTFever
Then, again, I'm 38 and not the best computer person in the house. I'm one of those who missed the window and decided not to learn about computers and now I'm way behind the curve.

Well, it's not exactly a hanging offence.

Stick around - you'll learn a lot, and not just about GT. If you need any help on any specific issue, feel free to send me a Private Message (top right, yellow box under the "Advanced Search"). I'll give you a fish, but try and teach you to fish at the same time...
 
Back