Formula GT World

  • Thread starter Thread starter Vipers4Life
  • 6 comments
  • 1,230 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
7
hey is it possable to beat the formula GT world with B-spec. i have tried but cant beat it. is the formula car the best to use for it? please help me. i need to no how i can beat it with b-spec and wat car to use. thanks
 
I was able to beat it using B-spec and extremely low gear ratios.

www.gamefaqs.com has a detailed guide on what to do...you have to monitor the race at all times. 3x doesnt help

hey do you know how I should tune/set my Opel Speedster Turbo to win Autumn Ring, Suzuka, and Sears Point in the Speedster cup?
 
Vipers4Life
hey is it possable to beat the formula GT world with B-spec. i have tried but cant beat it. is the formula car the best to use for it? please help me. i need to no how i can beat it with b-spec and wat car to use. thanks

Currently in GT4 I am running the Formula GT World Championship and I won the first and third races using B-Spec completely. I had to take over from Bob for the 2nd and 4th races whenever he messed up. Its really easy though.
 
Yes it is very possible as that is how I won my C9. The trick is to qualify for each race so you start from the pole position.
 
zfuryz
hey do you know how I should tune/set my Opel Speedster Turbo to win Autumn Ring, Suzuka, and Sears Point in the Speedster cup?
You sure took that off-topic fast, huh? There have been lots of people who had trouble with that, so there are already plenty of threads with answers you can search for. Also, try looking in the "tuning and settings" forum farther to the top of the page.

BTW, there's no Sears Point in GT4 ;)
 
Vipers4Life
...hey is it possable to beat the formula GT world with B-spec?...

Yes, it is. I've posted this many times before, so I apologize to all who are tired of seeing it:
________________________________________

Try this slightly-modified-from-stock setup. (Thanks to "R32GTST/M", "stigie", "Awajie Islander", and "Duck7892" on the Tuning and Settings forum for their input, which led me to it.) It works extremely well, and greatly improves tire life to boot:

SR 17.4 / 17.5
RH 45 / 45
SB 6 / 6
SR 8 / 8
Camb 2.0 / 1.0
Toe 0 / -2
BB 4 / 1

LSDI 15
LSDA 45
LSDD 55

ASM 10 / 10
TCS 5
DF Max front and rear

Its just a subtle change from stock, as you can see, but the difference it makes is, to me at least, drastic. I find it to be a real improvement over stock. The tire wear problem is greatly reduced. This is not a "qualifying" setup or a tire-wear-off lap-record setup. This is for use in the long races of the Formula GT series.

I'm wondering if maybe PD has implemented ASM differently on the Formula GT car. I'm conditioned from the old GT3 days to always turn ASM off because the conventional wisdom is that it makes you go slower. I've tried it on a couple of cars in GT4, and sure enough, I can't match my lap times with ASM off. Worse than that, it makes cars boring to drive.

Well, that doesn't seem to be the case with the F1. Prompted by a comment on another forum, I tried it and was astounded to find that I can go a lot faster with this car with high ASM settings. It makes a big difference, to me at least. It doesn't feel anything like what it does on other cars. On the F1 it feels like a big increase in downforce, rather than an invisible force guiding the car around. Don't misunderstand me: I'm not saying this is a good thing. If I'm right, its a shame, I guess.

Check it for yourself and see what you think about the ASM deal. Try it as above, then set ASM to 0/0 and see what happens. Is ASM somehow different on the Formula GT? Are you significantly faster with it set to 10/10 than you are with it off?. I sure am...

To use the transmission final drive settings below, first do the old "tranny trick":

1. Slide Final all the way to the right to 5.500.
2. Slide Autoset full right to 25, then full left to 1 and leave it there. You now have a very close set of evenly-spaced gears without having to tediously set each one.
3. Then slide Final to the ratio for the track you are going to race on. Here are the actual Final settings for each track in the Formula GT series:

Tokyo Route 246 - 3.220
Twin Ring Motegi-Super Speedway - 3.220
New York - 3.220
High Speed Ring - 3.220
Grand Valley Speedway - 3.220
Circuit de la Sarthe I - 3.220
Cote d' Azur - 3.750
Seoul Central - 3.220
Infineon Raceway-Sports Car Course - 3.700
Laguna Seca Raceway - 3.700
Twin Ring Motegi-Road Course - 3.500
Nurburgring - 3.220
El Captain - 3.400
Fuji Speedway 2005 - 3.220
Suzuka Circuit - 3.500

(Lots of tracks with the same Final, but why bother to make slight little changes when the 3.22 is almost perfect? Its certainly close enough on all of the nine tracks.)

Here's aother tip: The fuel will last over twice as long as the tires. Rather than filling up with fuel on each pit stop, just take on a half-load (or even less on some tracks) each time by pressing "X" to stop the fueling. That way, you're running light all the time and you also shorten every pit stop. If you're B-Speccing the event, the effect is even more significant, because Bob (my Bob, at least) really likes to run light in the F1. He blows past other cars much easier, and the way he runs off to a big lead in a light car is kind of amazing. The shortened pit stops don't hurt, either. Running a light fuel load could make the difference between winning and losing the Formula GT Championship.
_________________________________
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back