Formula GTWC

  • Thread starter Thread starter ///Marc
  • 15 comments
  • 1,347 views
Messages
4
Hi all, I am from HK & it's my first post...

I just got an F1 car from the 24-hr, then arcaded a few laps at Nurb with it... soooo sweeeet to drive 👍 (but the engine sound really sucks 👎 ).

However, I dare not to start the Formula GTC yet, coz I figured I can't change oil for it... with 15 races in the championship, identical competitors, no oil change (& the HP drop), is it possible to win them all? And to those who had completed it, are the competitors good?

Thanks for your help!!
 
I haven't done the whole thing yet, but I did go into the first race (not in a series) and tried it; I overtook all of them in the 2nd lap. It's weird, like they're holding back or something. You're awarded 60 A-Spec points for the race, which is the default "Normal" difficulty (assuming Yamauchi wanted 60 A-Spec points to represent that all cars are the same) but it seemed ok.

I really want to b-spec all of it though, i'm running out of time to play this game! Working a 9-5 does not go well with a life in Gran Turismo.
 
///Marc
I figured I can't change oil for it... with 15 races in the championship, identical competitors, no oil change (& the HP drop), is it possible to win them all?

Why not just change the oil? (you know you can do that in GT4, right?)


AND YES, I mean while competing in a series. I change the oil in my M3 GTR after every race 'cuz I love it soooo much.

The Locust

I think he's talking about GT3 :sly:
 
You can easily win all the races in the Formula Championship. why? Because the other drivers are morons, or don't know how to drive an F1 car to its limits. Honestly, the AI is horrible. In the first race in Tokyo I felt like I was in prison, always being rammed from behind like that. They're morons. I was spun out on the first turn in tokyo and still won, and I spun out in the Super Speedway and still won, and was spun out twice in the high speed ring and.. you guessed it.. still won. Have fun!
 
speedy_samurai
You can easily win all the races in the Formula Championship. why? Because the other drivers are morons, or don't know how to drive an F1 car to its limits. Honestly, the AI is horrible. In the first race in Tokyo I felt like I was in prison, always being rammed from behind like that. They're morons. I was spun out on the first turn in tokyo and still won, and I spun out in the Super Speedway and still won, and was spun out twice in the high speed ring and.. you guessed it.. still won. Have fun!

The question is; how does stupidity stack up against stupidity IOW, can we b-spec it?
 
Yes, if you B spec it, you will win easily as well. and you will end up with enough prize money to buy one of the more expensive cars in the game.

addendum: You can B spec all the races and win, EXCEPT, for Laguna Seca. Apparently, in Laguna Seca your regular B spec driver takes the week off and his replacement, a monkey, drives for the team. 'The monkey' can't negotiate the turn after the corkscrew.
 
Yes, you can change oil in middle of a series, but not in the Formula car.

In Formula can not change oil before the series either.

And the whole series is not long enough for lose power.
 
The F1 car in GT4 cannot have an oil change so the power of the engine should stay constant (I am not sure if it gets the 5% decrease with age as I have not driven one that miuch).
 
"No oil change = No HP loss" sounds cool!! I just really dun wanna "damage" my hardest earned ever prize car.

But it's a real shame that the AI's still horrible and the Championship can be won by B-spec...

Thanx for your help!
 
///Marc
But it's a real shame that [...] the Championship can be won by B-spec...

Why? Firstly, it's part of the game, and if you want to use it, that's your choice, And secondly, nobody is forcing you to use it.
 
my name is Marc....you bastid. :P at least your name is Marc, not Mark. good man.

lol. i have yet to drive an F1 car, but i plan to soon.
 
Back