Formula Gulf 1000 - Tuning

• Thread starter crowhop
  • 1 comments
United States
Upstate SC, USA
GTP_crowhop
Has anyone had any success tuning the severe understeer out of this car?

With the AI at 100%, I am over 4 seconds off the pace with the Default setup. The front tires of the car simply never catch. The best lap I've been able to manage is dropping the Tire Pressure way down from the Default all around and tinker with the Aero and Suspension changes to improve front end grip just get me to just under 3 seconds off the pace.

Highly frustrated with a car which would be great fun to drive otherwise. If it were an issue of my talent being well off the pace, that would be one thing. But I have no idea how anyone could get within a mile of the 100% AI with the Default setup and I'm not good enough at Tuning to make it happen that way.

Is it somehow possible that the team I am driving for is the Marussia F1 equivalent of the Formula Gulf Series in this game and have absolutely no hope of making the car much faster regardless of that I do?

EDIT:
After more testing I've found I was running far too much Aero. Dropping it down to 5-8 Front and 5-8 Rear is probably about right, depending on skill. Running any more than 8 just slows you down too much in the straights. The Oversteer is certainly still present, but I can now at least get to within 1.5 Seconds in practice. Thus making it more a test of skill than car.

I would guess the trick might be to tune it with minimum Aero as best as possible, then add Aero for balance and cornering speed.

Last edited:
Has anyone had any success tuning the severe understeer out of this car?

With the AI at 100%, I am over 4 seconds off the pace with the Default setup. The front tires of the car simply never catch. The best lap I've been able to manage is dropping the Tire Pressure way down from the Default all around and tinker with the Aero and Suspension changes to improve front end grip just get me to just under 3 seconds off the pace.

Highly frustrated with a car which would be great fun to drive otherwise. If it were an issue of my talent being well off the pace, that would be one thing. But I have no idea how anyone could get within a mile of the 100% AI with the Default setup and I'm not good enough at Tuning to make it happen that way.

Is it somehow possible that the team I am driving for is the Marussia F1 equivalent of the Formula Gulf Series in this game and have absolutely no hope of making the car much faster regardless of that I do?

EDIT:
After more testing I've found I was running far too much Aero. Dropping it down to 5-8 Front and 5-8 Rear is probably about right, depending on skill. Running any more than 8 just slows you down too much in the straights. The Oversteer is certainly still present, but I can now at least get to within 1.5 Seconds in practice. Thus making it more a test of skill than car.

I would guess the trick might be to tune it with minimum Aero as best as possible, then add Aero for balance and cornering speed.
As with real cars, you use aero for balancing high speed cornering, and suspension/tires/LSD more for low speed cornering and bumps/curbs. So if your understeer is at high speed, you add some front aero. If it's at low speed you can look at LSD, sway bars, dampers, springs, tire pressures etc. You should also make sure that this is occuring when the tires are up to optimum temperature as tuning for a lap or two on cold tires will be a waste of time.

Latest Posts

Back