Formula Infinity. B-Spec Championship. 2/12 spots Filled.

• Thread starter Earth
  • 5 comments
GTP_Royalton
FItheme.png

A fresh Reboot of the decade old Formula B-Spec Championship

> Build Your Car
> Perfect Your Strategy
> Dominate Your Rivals

Q&A
Q:
What is Formula Infinity?
A: A B-Spec/Offline/AI racing manager championship that uses the 2005 racing simulation rFactor. You do not drive the cars. AI drives the cars for you. You select the car's setups, pit strategy, and more.

Q: How many teams need to sign up for the championship to begin?
A: 9.

HOW DO I SIGN UP?

STEP #1
REGISTER YOUR TEAM, DRIVERS, AND CAR

- click here -

DRIVER LIST
- click here -
SPD = maximum speed potential
CON = consistency
AGR = aggression

STEP #2
CREATE YOUR TEAM'S LIVERY

NOTE:
Liveries for each team car must be identical. Only the helmet may be different. Car Numbers are not allowed. Alcoholic or tobacco sponsors are not allowed. Intentionally crude, intentionally amateurish, or similar liveries will not be accepted.

NOTE: The cars will race without the T-Cam

CAR TEMPLATE
- click here -

HELMET TEMPLATE
- click here -

TEMPLATE GUIDE
- click here -

MOD USED
IDT Simulations Champcar 2007 DP-01

PIT STOPS
1, 2, or 3 pit stops. A car on a one stop strategy pits the fewest amount of times, but also is slower as it has to carry more fuel. A 3 stop strategy requires the most pitstops, but the car will be light on fuel during each stint. In addition to deciding how many stops each car will make during a Grand Prix, team owners may also decide which lap each of their cars will pit on.

TIRE COMPOUNDS
Super soft, soft, medium, or hard tire compounds. Super soft tires provide the most grip, but also wear out the fastest. Hard tires wear out the slowest, but provide the least amount of grip. All cars will use Super Soft tires for practice and qualifying sessions.

The abbreviation for the tire compunds is

SS - Super Soft
S - Soft
M - Medium
H - Hard

CAR SETUPS
Teams may adjust the downforce and brake bias of each car for each session.

ENGINES
Each team will be allocated 6 engines to complete the 12 race season for both cars. Each of the 6 engines varies in horsepower and have a lifespan of 4 Grand Prix.

UPGRADES
After every 3 Grand Prix teams can attempt to upgrade their cars. Teams can gamble on big upgrades that if successful will make the car much quicker, but may backfire and make the car slower. Or they can take the safe route with smaller upgrades with less of a chance of the change making the car slower.
PRACTICE AND QUALIFYING VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS. After each practice and qualifying session, a short video recap will be posted.

POST RACE INTERVIEWS. The owners of the podium finishing teams will be interviewed after each race. In addition, one random team owner will be interviewed after each race.

DRIVER OF THE RACE. After each race a poll will be opened allowing team owners to vote for the driver of the race.
Ayrton Senna Award
Pole Position + Race Win

Kimi Raikkonen Award
Fast Lap + Race Win

Michael Schumacher Award
Pole Position + Fast Lap + Race Win

Jim Clark Award
Pole Position + Fast Lap + Race Win + Lead Every Lap
PRACTICE
60 minutes

QUALIFYING
60 minutes

RACE
~300kms
  1. 10
  2. 7
  3. 6
  4. 5
  5. 4
  6. 3
  7. 2
  8. 1
A. Sharing of setup information, race strategy, car building, or any other sensitive information is not permitted. If a team owner(s) is found doing this, it will result in an immediate disqualification of his team. All points or prize money accumulated will be forfeit.

B. A driver that causes a collision that results in damage or a significant loss of time for another car in the race will receive a 5 place grid penalty at the following Grand Prix. If a driver causes a collision that results in damage or a significant loss of time to another car in practice or qualifying that driver will receive a 5 place grid penalty for that race. If a driver causes a second collision during the season, that driver will receive a 10 place grid penalty at the following Grand Prix. If a driver causes 3 or more collisions resulting in damage or a significant loss of time over the course of a season, that driver will start last at the next Grand Prix. Any following collisions will have this same penalty.

If a driver causes a collision during the last Grand Prix of the season, the punishment will be a timed penalty added after the conclusion of the race. If it is the first collision of the season for the driver, a 5 second post race time penalty will be added. For the second, a 15 second post race time penalty. For the third or more, 30 seconds.

C. Any mistakes made by the race administrator in regards to car setup, race strategy, or anything else, will be regarded as human error. Races will not be reset or rerun if an error is made by the race administrator.

D. If a disconnection, crash, or catastrophic failure of any kind happens during a Grand Prix, the race will be restarted regardless of completed duration.

E. Although considerable testing was used to ensure the races run without serious issues, at times a 'bug' may cause a car(s) to have it's race ruined. A Grand Prix will not be restarted for this.

F. Tie-breakers. They will be resolved in this order: Wins > Poles > Podiums > Fast Laps > Laps Led > Highest Finishing Positions

G. You may change your mind one time when building your car. Re-Submit the form, and alert me. This must be done before the first test.

H. You may change your reliability setting after practice but not after qualifying.

I. Cars can be upgraded after round 3, round 6, and round 9.

J. An engineering test will be given before testing begins.

@aarror
@CinnamonOD
@DcrRaikkonen
@Formidable
@Gerarghini
@GTRacer22
@Eh Team
@Frizbe
@goofytyler
@MadFlavour
@MisterWaffles
@Nuschel01
@optiongamers
@Pezzarinho17
@RACECAR
@Rebellion765
@Spacegoat
@swiftsmith
@Suzumiya
@tbwhhs
@YayoiGT2

Last edited:
Finally this is making a return :)

I suck at working with these flat livery templates tho, if anyone is talented with them and wants to lend a hand please step forward :D

Alright, straight out of Ottawa, Ontario: Rideau Racing has been registered with my boys Lance Stroll and Nicholas Latifi. After both massively disappointed in F1 and ruined the legacy of Canada as a country capable of producing quality drivers, we've given them a new home in Formula Infinity. (I don't think Lance is actually that bad lol, he's just mediocre.)

I named my chassis the "Lord Elgin Special" but if that's too long I can change it to something else.

Also if someone could help me make a livery similar to the Carleton University Formula Student car, that would be wonderful.

1695328843364.png

Last edited:
Alright updated the entry list. Looks like so far we're short of the needed number of teams to start the season. I might post this on other forums/sites to look for interest

Back