Formula Rim for CSR Elite has been delayed.

• Thread starter Troysloth
  • 12 comments
United States
Maryland, USA
xHPx Jarhead
I pre-ordered the CSR Elite Formula rim when it first became available. At the time they said it would ship at the end of March. Well the end of March is almost here, so I wasn't surprised when I received this email from Fanatec :ouch:

Dear customer,

we are so sorry to inform that the estimated shipping date of your order has been extended about 3 further weeks.

The new estimated shipping date is now about end of April 2013.

The goods will be shipped to the US warehouse by air soon.

Please be aware that we will do our best to re-ship the ordered goods after the customs clearances process at the earliest date as possible.

We will keep you informed about the dispatch in time.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this shipping delay.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Best regards

Sabine Eiben

Fanatec_Gameshop

So I guess we are getting a free copy of Forza 5 right? That will then become a $50 off coupon for the web shop.

Seriously how did this get delayed?

That's a kick in the nutz. They need to stop announcing dates if they can't keep them, especially if they have your money already like in a preorder.

@Fanatec: Stop taking pre-orders guys. You have shown us time upon time again that you can not meet deadlines. Just only stick to taking orders when all of your warehouses are provided with the to sell new items. Going on with pre-orders will just hurt your name I fear, so please be wise with the Clubsport Shifter release.

Yup I agree. If it were I that had a pre order I'd be pissed off. Crazy concept I know lol But it'd be better to only offer items for sale that are in stock already ......

Oh wow. A business had a delay. Hardly something to get mad about. You never know what the circumstances are. Could have been a paperwork snafu or a technical issue, possibly even a shipping problem. You never know. Why not just hope you get it and its not rushed. Good lord don't let it be rushed or the tears will really flow and towns will be burned. How many of you got actually mad when GTA5 was pushed back another 5 months? Thats 5 months not weeks like the rim. Delays happen. Its not some new action of the world. On that note. Enjoy your new wheel.

Oh wow. A business had a delay. Hardly something to get mad about. You never know what the circumstances are. Could have been a paperwork snafu or a technical issue, possibly even a shipping problem. You never know. Why not just hope you get it and its not rushed. Good lord don't let it be rushed or the tears will really flow and towns will be burned. How many of you got actually mad when GTA5 was pushed back another 5 months? Thats 5 months not weeks like the rim. Delays happen. Its not some new action of the world. On that note. Enjoy your new wheel.

You might have had a point if it this were something complicated. Unfortunately you don't because as you stated it is just a rim, a rim they essentially already make. Comparing this to something as complex as GTA5 is absurd.

lol..I expect the delay is a knock on effect of the Chinese New Year.
Delays do happen, they suck but cant be helped. I doubt it's a case of Thomas & co deliberately wanting to upset customers :dopey:

This comes in the middle of on-going delays for Oculus Rift. We were expecting them in December, then March, now anytime between end of March and June by the time they actually get them out the door. I paid for mine in August last year..

I pre-ordered the CSR Elite Formula rim when it first became available. At the time they said it would ship at the end of March. Well the end of March is almost here, so I wasn't surprised when I received this email from Fanatec :ouch:

Dear customer,

we are so sorry to inform that the estimated shipping date of your order has been extended about 3 further weeks.

The new estimated shipping date is now about end of April 2013.

The goods will be shipped to the US warehouse by air soon.

Please be aware that we will do our best to re-ship the ordered goods after the customs clearances process at the earliest date as possible.

We will keep you informed about the dispatch in time.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this shipping delay.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Best regards

Sabine Eiben

Fanatec_Gameshop
Yep, got the same email this morning with a twist....Last night I decided to take a "dry run" and take off the Gt Elite rim and see how things will be working when I get my F1 rim. I kept wondering before this if the holes the two bolts go into the hub are plastic, or have a metal insert. Well it appears they are metal nuts formed into the plastic,but am not positive.

Either way I did not like what I saw as its easily possible that while putting the bolts back in, things could move around and the bolts could hit the wires and eventually damage the insulatin on the thin wires. I just did not like the arrangment.

I went to the Fanatec website and downloaded the pdf QuickStart installation guide. I read the instructions and definately did not like what I read, with the warning in red letters that removing the bolts to rim too often could cause damage to the plastic plugs and threads. At that point, I said NO WAY, its not worth it IMO.I had an attachment to post but it won't let me. (snipping tool) So then I went to the Fanatec website and it is no longer under downloads. WTH?

I promptly shot off an email last night and asked them to kindly refund my money via PayPal, hoping it was not too late, with only 7 days left. at the most.

Well, the first email to "catch my eye" from Fanatec was the same one as Troy mentioned. I thought WHAT?:crazy: Then I saw another email from Fanatec Support saying the money was already posted in my PayPal account.....less than 12 hours! :) 👍 As always just OUTSTANDING service!.

Last edited:
Don't fret, cool hobby stuff takes time.

For instance a friend just had a beautiful custom paint job done on his racecar. He did not care AT ALL that the painter took an extra couple weeks. Shrug.

Also, for those who have the rim on order, note that the stock setup uses the very rare bolt passing into a threaded part and then into another threaded part. I modified my base to avoid that issue. Makes it easier to thread and more likely to last.

See page 18, post 343 in the CSW/Elite modding thread:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=274631&page=18

Back