:: Forumla 1 Racing League (8 Races-14 Drivers-1 Champion!) ::

Kryptonite158
formula_one_logo1.png

This is a Formula 1 Racing League. If you would like to join, read the following and post your name in the thread, along with which of the Ferrari F1s you will be using. I will then add you to the roster. YOU MUST SEND ME THE FR with the account you will use, this makes it easier for me.

Circuit Roster:
1.Kryptonite158

This is a fun league for guys or gals who love F1 and want to showcase their skills in a group on GT5. Although it is meant to be fun, it will be competitive. Points standings will be kept and awarded. The winner at the end of the season will be recognized along with everyone else in the league.

The rules of the league are as follows:
-No profanity..keep it clean..if you have a swearing problem..keep it contained or find another leauge.
-Race clean, no corner cutting or dirty driving. If you drive dirty, you will be kicked from the circuit.
-There will be no ASM, SRF, or driving line restrictions.
-Run whatever tires you want.
-You may race either the Ferrari F2007 or the F10. However..YOU MUST USE THE SAME FERRARI F1 FOR THE ENTIRE SEASON. YOU MAY NOT SWITCH BETWEEN THE TWO.

The races will take place every Sunday at 4pm EST. The season will run 8 weeks, starting this Sunday. The schedule is posted below. Take note the week 6 race will be run on a Thursday instead bc that Sunday is Easter. The will be a 20 min qualifying period before the race starts to determine the starting order of the field, and for you to make any changes to your car before the race. So the qualifying begins at 4..and the race starts at 4:20.

The points system will work like this:
1st--25
2nd--20
3rd--18
4th--15
5th--12
6th--10
7th--9
8th--8
9th--6
10th--4
11th--2
12th--1
13th--0
14th--0
I will update the standings on this thread.

formula_one.jpg

Race Schedule:
Week 1-(3/20)-Laguna Seca Raceway--15 laps
Week 2-(3/27)-Suzuka Circuit--10 laps
Week 3-(4/3)-Circuit de la Sarthe--10 laps
Week 4-(4/10)-Nurburgring GP/F--15 laps
Week 5-(4/17)-Daytona Road Course--10 laps
Week 6-(4/21)-Autodromo Nazionale Monza--10 laps
Week 7-(5/1)-Cote d' Azur--15 laps
Week 8-(5/8)-Nurburgring 24h--3 laps

Thanks and good luck!!

Last edited:
By allowing SFR you are making it compulsory, as it gives you more grip and allows you to drive faster.

This is not good.

You cant have an f1 league with driving assists on. Take em out and ill join.

This.

From my personal experience with F1 fans elsewhere, they tend to be more of the elitist/purist variety and frown on folks relying on driver aids. I don't expect this community to be so heavily saturated with F1 fans, so there's probably more people willing to use training wheels, but I would expect the serious F1 fans to insist on not having them. By "not having them" I don't mean them personally not using them but nobody using them. If something like SFR is allowed, it would essentially be mandatory for anyone willing to have a chance.

Skid recovery makes about 1.5 seconds at a track like GP/F or Suzuka. Although I've seen someone do 1:28.5 at GP/F using no aids and not cutting the chicane. My fastest lap with aids is about the same. The individual described would only go a little bit faster with skid recovery. Generally, the faster you are the less you benefit from them and the slower you are the more you benefit.

This series will take more thinking and time. The person wants to do 10 laps at Circuit de la Sarthe (31 minutes running 3:06s not including pits).

15 laps at Laguna Seca Raceway (16.5 minutes running 1:06s). Thats a large diff in distance...

Also, I would advise strongly on using the 2005 version of Circuit de la Sarthe as it has no extra runoff for corner cutting.

Also consider that real Gran Prix's are 310 km in length. Also consider you need 2 stewards for this because their are many ways to corner cut when nobody's looking at some tracks, and its very easy to crash somebody in F1 cars as well.

Finally, the F10 has a much smaller rear wing, less high speed downforce and is slightly heavier. It does not have the high-speed-mechanical grip of the F2007. ALTHOUGH I have seen very fast driver be competitive in it, it takes a "special touch" to do so and you will almost always loose to someone in an F2007 who knows what their doing. The F10 is a real "bi$ch" at on the Nordshliefe....It wants to spin really bad in the high speed Kesseichen/Klostertal section and you have to lift for those 2 bends while the F2007 is flat foot to the floor. The "tetre Rouge" corner at Circuit de la Sarthe is the same, F2007 is almost flat while the F10 has to lift.

Last edited:
Back