Forza 3 vs GT PSP

• Thread starter Zer0
  • 18 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is wrong with the comparison?

I haven't played the game.
How can you compare the games' physics when you purposely drive off the course in 1 game, and then stick the track in the other? What exactly is he comparing? That he can't drive without cheating in Forza 3, & that he can't go around a corner in GT PSP without the rear coming out?

How can you compare the games' physics when you purposely drive off the course in 1 game, and then stick the track in the other? What exactly is he comparing? That he can't drive without cheating in Forza 3, & that he can't go around a corner in GT PSP without the rear coming out?

Thats what I thought to for a start, I was trying to figure out what he was showing when he was running off the track all the time.

What I think he is trying to show is the physics when pushed to and past the limits. He does some attempted drifting in Forza for a start, runs off road and cuts corners. What I noticed in that vid is in Forza the change between track and off track is very little, has little effect on the car, it doesn't appear to punish so much for dropping off the track. There is no spinning out when going off track, there is no more noticeable understeer due to the lack of grip when running off track etc. Thats at least what I got from the video.

Then why didn't he run off the road purposely in GT to showcase how it handles? Like I said, I can't take it as a serious comparison if he's not going to show the same tests in both games.

Driving look sooooooo easy in FM3, is there penalties for cutting sandtraps like that? He carries so much speed going through them.

Jay
Driving look sooooooo easy in FM3, is there penalties for cutting sandtraps like that? He carries so much speed going through them.
There is. It's supposed to automatically slow you down to a near complete stop. But because he's going so fast, he can exploit it without losing any speed. 👎

The video owner, gurubre, says on youtube commentaries, that Forza 3 is "much easier to drive", "for the wide audience", "that's not the case with Forza 2"...

Hard to believe. That game comes from Forza 2, and that second part was hard to drive in pro physics as is logical to think from a serious racing game. I don't think Turn 10 had made "casual" their game. But as long as I haven't played Forza 3 yet, better I shut up.

Oh, and comparing a portable racing game (with digital controls) to a console racing game with analog controls is not fair, even if he is "trying" to say GT PSP is good.

There is. It's supposed to automatically slow you down to a near complete stop. But because he's going so fast, he can exploit it without losing any speed. 👎

I dont really get what you tried to say with this post.
If there would be an effective penalty, he couldnt exploit it.

Not to mention that you cant cut corners like this in real life (this also counts for GT).

I find this comparison a bt strange though.
GTPSPs input is completely different compared to FM3, no analog input for acceleration and braking for example. The game assists you a bit. While in FM3 you have much more control about this stuff.

Seriously? You're comparing these two games physics wise now? And the comparison given is a guy driving in two totally different styles to try and prove a point? Give me a break Zero, go troll elsewhere.

Seriously? You're comparing these two games physics wise now? And the comparison given is a guy driving in two totally different styles to try and prove a point? Give me a break Zero, go troll elsewhere.

Yea LOL, what's the point. Physics are hard to show how they feel. You can only judge the physics at best when you're playing it yourself...

That video didn't do anything. What was the point?

BTW, I wonder if they had it on some beginner mode? In FM2, when you hit the sand, your car bogs down to almost a stop, and the car didn't bog down in that video.

I'm closing this thread because I just don't see the point in another comparison thread... I can see where it is going already, and it is nowhere good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back