Forza 4 Essentials Car Pack Purchase Issue

• Thread starter greyfox147
  • 2 comments
I'm a new user having purchased an XBOX 360 a little over a month ago. Bundled was Forza 4 Motorsports Essentials. I've been playing along smoothly for the last few weeks when yesterday I encountered a message at Road Atlanta that I had "No Legal Cars" and had to get some or upgrade. I searched various forums and came to the conclusion that I needed to purchase some cars. Went to the marketplace in Forza 4 and purchased two upgrade packages: 2001-2005 Car Pack and September Pennzoil Car Pack. Sat and waited patiently for the downloads to conclude. I then went to "My Cars" and noticed that none of the newly purchased cars were there. I backed out of the game, restarted, got a message that the game was accessing the server, and then got a "Marketplace Error" saying that "Failed to download required marketplace data. Please try again later." I searched forums for a possible solution and have since cleared caches and re-downloaded content both from the game and XBOX dashboard but still get the same message. When I go into the marketplace section of the game, it says that I've purchased the upgrades. I've backed out of the game, signed out of XBOX Live, re-downloaded my profile. Short of uninstalling the game, I think I've tried about everything. But, once again, I am a new user so there is probably much more I can try. I've been to a number of forums and am inclined to think this is a relatively common issue? What can I do next?

If I read that correctly, you're looking in the wrong place. Sadly, when you purchase DLC for Forza, you still need to purchase the cars using in-game credits.

Go to "Buy Cars" and you should see them under their respective brands.

It is a common issue, because everyone thinks DLC goes to your garage. You’ve tried everything besides going to the actual dealership and buying the cars lol.

tree'd

Back