Forza 4 Renders

• Thread starter Ls2BluGoat
  • 26 comments
United States
Florida
As you can see posted below, it's obvious that the car models aren't an issue, but Forza's famous lighting system we've all come to love is really taking away of what the game could look like. Here's some of the few examples of what could be done with Forza's direct-port car models when under more natural lighting systems and environments. :)

uZtaG.jpg

L7lRh.jpg

uqJkC.jpg

T5Q0n.jpg

mercedesc63amgfrontsmuojfz.jpg

lTg9r.jpg

Diablo_002.jpg

Countach_006.jpg

holden-hsv-gts-2011.jpg

qOzIw.jpg

80175868.jpg

Ix7cv.jpg

WpGn8.jpg

Using this thread, the OP provides all meshes for each car in the game (including all DLC) available to download using media fire right off the bat, so no exporting required. These shots aren’t mine and I have tried to render my own but they pale in comparison to some of these :lol:

Just shows you how good current gen 3D models are.

Fixed because except for the 3D models, nothing here's from Forza.
I seriously hope one day we will be able to have games rendered like that in realtime, although the environments would still be a "problem".

Awesome! I always thought that Forza's strange lightning and shaders really bring down the look of the cars. Too bad we can't export GT's models... Oh and please post more renders:)

Only so much you can do with limited pixels, shadows, reflections, and lighting with tech from 2005 lol.

Thanks for posting the pics guys. They are very nice.

Yeah I've always thought the biggest weakness in graphics of Forza vs GT is the lighting. These images just prove that, cars that get called 'plastic' look stunning given better lighting.

Of course as someone alluded to putting the models in this lighting is easy compared to actually doing it in a game engine. Hopefully they can manage it on next gen.

Is it just me, or is it really obvious that those aren't from forza? I mean, considering forza doesn't have dirt racing, I don't see how that one would be possible. Others look difficult due to the environment as well, they don't look like they're in an environment in forza.

These are the car models only...

phillkillv2
These are the car models only...

Then I'm sure you could explain the tire tread on the veyron? The headlights on the Cadillac? None of these are features from forza, (the tire tread may be, so if I'm wrong on that one don't jump on me) but the others aren't. Are these cars altered or something?

Despite all that, they still look amazing. Too bad the lighting in the game makes them all look like they're plastic and that the sky hurts your eyes to look at.

Sorry, I'm not too deep in education on all this, I know there's something I'm probably missing. I just don't get it currently.

Last edited:
Then I'm sure you could explain the tire tread on the veyron? The headlights on the Cadillac? None of these are features from forza, (the tire tread may be, so if I'm wrong on that one don't jump on me) but the others aren't. Are these cars altered or something?

Despite all that, they still look amazing. Too bad the lighting in the game makes them all look like they're plastic and that the sky hurts your eyes to look at.

Sorry, I'm not too deep in education on all this, I know there's something I'm probably missing. I just don't get it currently.

There is tire tread on FM, as for the headlights these are renders....

It's not really hard to fathom, the 3D car model is from Forza. That's it. Everything else is rendered from other sources.

SimonK
It's not really hard to fathom, the 3D car model is from Forza. That's it. Everything else is rendered from other sources.

I know. That's what I was asking. You really don't have to speak in such a way as to make me look stupid, I simply didn't know, that's why somebody already told me.

Thanks anyways though, I'm now aware of the fact that its simply the 3D models.

Back