• Thread starter FinnZevo
  • 3 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
United States
Tour Bus
DKGuitarstar
Finn Zevo
Ok after many,many hours of racing forza 4,I have decided I really don't like the way it drives compared to GT5 and F1 2012. I do like all the custom things you can do in the game,but as far as driving and racing,it just doesn't feel right in my opinion.I only race with a wheel and only in the cockpit view..any thoughts on this?

Since the release of Forza 4 I put in well over 1500 hours of grip driving and drifting into the game. Probably closer to 2200 hrs, but that just sounds horrible when I say it. I jumped ship and came back to GT5 on Black Friday 2012 because of T10's lack of care for the purist when it comes to performance driving. It seems as though they feel that unless you fork out enough cash for the Elite CSR you should not get the most from their game.

I spent hundreds of hours with dozens of friends testing the steering and physics engine in game. I could never understand why you could not have full lock at any speed. If I want to turn to full lock at 200+, let me. Regardless of what it would potentially do, just let me. But alas, they didnt and the physics engine Dr's your steering input no matter how sim you went( I should point out my team was called Simulation Squad for a reason, Cockpit view was locked on our rooms as was Manual W/ Clutch and Full damage). This caused a modification to proper technique when drifting which we compensated for, but should not have had to do. Backwards entries and intentional wall scrapes were the goal and constant achievements of our group, but the certain things lacking or over compensated just ruined it for me. Touching a car or even hitting it going 5-10 MPH faster/slower will barely cause a ding/scratch let alone smashing an S2000 front bumper like hitting a telephone pole.

The other pebble in my shoe was the fact that if you were grip driving, say a CRX, if you went into a corner and had a slight throttle lift, the car pushed as if you never turned the wheel, even though you were at full lock with your input. Upon review of replays, you could clearly see that , with the telemetry up and the traction menu displaying, the game would not let the tires turn to lock unless they lost traction beyond that of which you would ever actually do in race. Most times it would not turn until AFTER you drove of track and into the dirt.

Why? Why would they baby drivers when you have put your setting to their fullest simulation possible. That is like going into combat with blanks. Like wearing a condom with a hole poked in the tip. Like ordering a cheeseburger with no cheese or meat. It is just retarded and pointless.

My crew is kinda bummed that I left for GT5, but I could not stand dealing with your exact point, and as I reread your post I see you had a wheel, so do I assume it didnt change when using such? After the horrible offering in Horizon( AKA NFS Carbon, I liked it better then anyways), I will not go back to xBox until Turn10 gives us something to actually compete with the closer to life physics that a car is capable of.

So, Sir, I say hello and I again agree with you 100%

Since the release of Forza 4 I put in well over 1500 hours of grip driving and drifting into the game. Probably closer to 2200 hrs, but that just sounds horrible when I say it. I jumped ship and came back to GT5 on Black Friday 2012 because of T10's lack of care for the purist when it comes to performance driving. It seems as though they feel that unless you fork out enough cash for the Elite CSR you should not get the most from their game.

T10 have nothing to do with wheel support, that issue is microsofts alone

I spent hundreds of hours with dozens of friends testing the steering and physics engine in game. I could never understand why you could not have full lock at any speed. If I want to turn to full lock at 200+, let me. Regardless of what it would potentially do, just let me. But alas, they didnt and the physics engine Dr's your steering input no matter how sim you went( I should point out my team was called Simulation Squad for a reason, Cockpit view was locked on our rooms as was Manual W/ Clutch and Full damage). This caused a modification to proper technique when drifting which we compensated for, but should not have had to do. Backwards entries and intentional wall scrapes were the goal and constant achievements of our group, but the certain things lacking or over compensated just ruined it for me. Touching a car or even hitting it going 5-10 MPH faster/slower will barely cause a ding/scratch let alone smashing an S2000 front bumper like hitting a telephone pole.

With Simulation steering on a wheel it does let you go well beyond the limit of grip. When you start understeering, turning sharper isn't really going to make much if any difference.

And what do you mean 5-10mph collisions? That whole section of your post makes no sense.

The other pebble in my shoe was the fact that if you were grip driving, say a CRX, if you went into a corner and had a slight throttle lift, the car pushed as if you never turned the wheel, even though you were at full lock with your input. Upon review of replays, you could clearly see that , with the telemetry up and the traction menu displaying, the game would not let the tires turn to lock unless they lost traction beyond that of which you would ever actually do in race. Most times it would not turn until AFTER you drove of track and into the dirt.

This isn't true unless you're using assisted or maybe normal steering.

Why? Why would they baby drivers when you have put your setting to their fullest simulation possible. That is like going into combat with blanks. Like wearing a condom with a hole poked in the tip. Like ordering a cheeseburger with no cheese or meat. It is just retarded and pointless.

None of those analogies make sense...

My crew is kinda bummed that I left for GT5, but I could not stand dealing with your exact point, and as I reread your post I see you had a wheel, so do I assume it didnt change when using such? After the horrible offering in Horizon( AKA NFS Carbon, I liked it better then anyways), I will not go back to xBox until Turn10 gives us something to actually compete with the closer to life physics that a car is capable of.

Horizon was never meant to be a perfect simulation in an open world setting.

And if you're looking for "closer to life" physics why in gods name would you go back to GT5 lol...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back