Not open for further replies.

Cassius101

(Banned)
Canada
Toronto
Legionaire88
Watch this comparison trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5l0e7eVN0fk

What bothers me about Forza is the cars look to shiny, the sun looks like it constantly reflects off the car, even when it doesn't the cars do look a bit cartoonish and shiny. Even though the Standard cars in GT5 did not look as good as Forza 5's cars, Forza's vehicles still don't look so great. GT5 premium vehicles look more solid, the glare off the car is less and it looks less cartoonish and more realistic.

Turn 10 really needs to work on the vehicle models.

This is the second pointless thread I have found that had been started by you

"cars look to shiny"
"the sun"
"reflects off the car"
"cartoonish and shiny"
"the glare off the car"

None of those things have anything to do with the modeling of the cars.

Poor guy.

I expect Forza 5 will have models far beyond what today's consoles can handle, considering Autovista had cars modelled with a million polygons and this new console should be able to handle twelve of them at once.

If you pause the video you can tell the difference, GT6 vehicles look closer to real life then Forza 5, you can tell the Forza 5 car is a video game more then you can GT6.

Paint is shiny.

Paint is reflective.

Some cars ARE made of plastic.

From what I've seen of GT6, the cars look to be made of play-doh with little reflections.

If you pause the video you can tell the difference, GT6 vehicles look closer to real life then Forza 5, you can tell the Forza 5 car is a video game more then you can GT6.

GT6 looks like cars that haven't been washed for a week. The reflections are dull and diffuse.

FM5 looks like cars that have just been polished. The reflections are crisp and sharp.

Guess which one takes more processor power? Guess which one is easy if you can already do the other?

FM5 is a very good rendition of what cars look like on the showroom floor. Which is exactly what both games are aiming for.

GT6 looks like cars that haven't been washed for a week. The reflections are dull and diffuse.

FM5 looks like cars that have just been polished. The reflections are crisp and sharp.

Guess which one takes more processor power? Guess which one is easy if you can already do the other?

FM5 is a very good rendition of what cars look like on the showroom floor. Which is exactly what both games are aiming for.

GT6 :

GT6-GTR.jpg

Not dull at all and it looks clean + realistic.

Shiny + sharp or less shiny/sharp reflections won't matter much in terms of processing power, I thinks it's mainly about lighting and texture mapping. I prefer cars driven on the road to appear like it has been / being driven on the road, not showroom shine all the way until it crashed.

While the lighting isn't as over the top in GT5, saying that the models on a new console that's WAY more powerful than the PS3 aren't going to be as detailed is a pretty stupid statement and just shows a typical obnoxious fanboy attitude. GT5 actually has equal or a bit worse on track modelling than the current Forza if you examine them on track. Forza's track graphics are also a lot more organic and realistically shaped than GT5's tracks which are full of sharp polygon angles in the road, railings and terrain.

This is the second pointless thread I have found that had been started by you
Yup. I am going to start reporting these if this trend continues. We already have threads for GT5 Vs Forza 4 and another thread for GT6 vs Forza 5.

Cassius101,
If you are going to troll, troll in those threads.

I am not trolling, that other thread is huge and I think this one should be dedicated to comparing how the cars look with GT6 vs Forza 5.

Some comparison screenshots of Forza 5 and GT6 cars should be put here when Forza 5 has more screenshots. I still think the cars in Forza 5 look less realistic than GT6, the constant shine on the car in Forza 5 is horrible. I also hope the sky in daytime weather with Forza 5 does not always appear as a light blue color like Forza 4 did.

I am not trolling, that other thread is huge and I think this one should be dedicated to comparing how the cars look with GT6 vs Forza 5.

You can compare that, along with many other important aspects of both games, in the dedicated threads :)

GT6 :

GT6-GTR.jpg

Not dull at all and it looks clean + realistic.

Shiny + sharp or less shiny/sharp reflections won't matter much in terms of processing power, I thinks it's mainly about lighting and texture mapping. I prefer cars driven on the road to appear like it has been / being driven on the road, not showroom shine all the way until it crashed.

I agree and believe Forza 5 has very disappointing vehicle models and it is a humiliation for it to look worse on the next xbox then GT6 does on PS3.

http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/media/photo

Look closely, you can even notice jagged edges along the car.

Look at these high res photos of Forza 5, why does the car constantly look shiny? It looks less realistic then GT5 cars. When you are watching a race in real life on a sunny day, the sun does not constantly gleam off the vehicle. Forza 5 simply looks retarded and they really need to fix the lighting and make the vehicle models look more realistic.

Those hi-res photos look better than GT6. There are no jaggies to speak of (look at the full-size image, not the compressed version).

I am not trolling, that other thread is huge and I think this one should be dedicated to comparing how the cars look with GT6 vs Forza 5..

If that's the case than you really need to work on how you word things.

I don't get why you keep saying that the car in the photo is constantly shining. It's a photo, not a video, so it's actually constantly doing nothing.

Also, races are usually pretty long, unlike the trailer that was only two minutes long. Last time I checked, sunlight doesn't change much in two minutes.

I would say wait for some actual footage, but I could care less what you do with your wasted time.

Amazing how heated, defensive, ignorant, biased, and childish some people get over video games that still don't exist yet!

Your theory is based off of, what? A two minute trailer and a different two minute trailer? Seriously?

I agree with you that the cars in Forza often look too shiny, but here's a few points:

1. This has nothing to do with the car models.[/i]

2. You say that this is a place to discuss the car models? Sorta hard when the thread title is speaking negatively about the Forza models. Not exactly good name for a thread based off of "discussion."

3. It is way too early to make any judgements on how the games and models will actually look. We're months away from releases, E3 isn't even here yet, and you're basing these claims on snips of short promo trailers and promo photos which I find absurd.

If you want to discuss this, there's a correct way to do it, in the correct thread, at the correct time. So far you've failed at all of these things.

I don't want to sound harsh but you really need to listen to all of us and what we're trying to tell you, considering I remember a similar thread you made earlier.

This topic has been covered in great lengths previously. No further discussion required here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back