Forza 5 Paint Shop

FastFurious77

Premium
England
England
Hey guys I searched this whole forum and couldn't find a Forza 5 sub thread about the paint shop. So hopefully we can chat about anything to do with that here.

I'm not sure if anyone else realized this but a quick tip I just found out. I just test drove the #007 Aston Martin racing DBR9. And what a beast! anyway I decided to see what it would look like in a different paint colour. Then I thought damn oh no I'm going to lose the original racing livery but I wanted the original racing paint

Then I went to the paint body icon and when I selected any colour the race design disappears and so does the original colour and you can't choose any green to get the exact colour.

So then I was dissapointed that I couldn't get the underlying colour for the livery. So then I went to see if I could paint mirrors or wings and low and behold it did nothing except that it did do something! :) It lost all the livery decals / stickers but I was left with the original race colour that I'd wanted.

So now I'm running around in a race car which now looks like a road car but with exactly the same colour without the stickers, so i'm really chuffed about this. Because on the body paint you would have to try figure out the whole hue, saturation and brightness to get it. So this is an easy way to get it.

Back