Forza 7 Career Mode Significantly Shorter Than Forza 6, NOT GOOD

Canada
Canada
Legionaire88
I counted Forza 6 has 90 different racing series, Forza 7 only has 57 and it has significantly less showcases than Forza 6. Why is it so much shorter? Is there some more additional career content you unlock after you beat all the Forza cups?

Last edited:
I counted Forza 6 has 90 different racing series, Forza 7 only has 57 and it has significantly less showcases than Forza 6.

FM7 has 62 Driver's Cup championships and 30 showcases, including the Elite events you unlock after a certain point and a greater number of car divisions than in FM6.

Why is it so much shorter?

It can be as short or as long as you want it to be. Set races to Long or Extra Long and you'll spend more time trying to win everything to max out your series points with greater rewards for your effort. In most instances I find that the racing on Unbeatable is more invigorating when the race length is tripled.

I counted Forza 6 has 90 different racing series, Forza 7 only has 57 and it has significantly less showcases than Forza 6. Why is it so much shorter? Is there some more additional career content you unlock after you beat all the Forza cups?
Yeah, wait until you finish the cups. Once you do, you will see all those Forza Cup menu's expand with all new races and showcases. At first I thought, that is it. Then then those unlocked and I was like.....awe snap.

I’ve been doing most races on extra long. It’s much more enjoyable to have 45-60 minutes to get to the lead instead of forcing your way up in 3 laps. The only times I have done short races has been for the off-road divisions or if the combo just doesn’t sound enjoyable (so pretty much anything at Suzuka West or Virginia at night) and the entire Ultima series. Not sure if there are fewer events or not but I haven’t enjoyed a FM career mode this much since FM4.

It should also be mentioned that the championships that get added later are all 6 races, even in the first couple tiers that only had 4 and 5 races in the first batch. Each tier also gets a second Open championship.

I’ve been doing most races on extra long. It’s much more enjoyable to have 45-60 minutes to get to the lead instead of forcing your way up in 3 laps. The only times I have done short races has been for the off-road divisions or if the combo just doesn’t sound enjoyable (so pretty much anything at Suzuka West or Virginia at night) and the entire Ultima series. Not sure if there are fewer events or not but I haven’t enjoyed a FM career mode this much since FM4.

It should also be mentioned that the championships that get added later are all 6 races, even in the first couple tiers that only had 4 and 5 races in the first batch. Each tier also gets a second Open championship.

How many Laps is "extra long" ? I have been doing "Long" and it is pretty good, it is around 15-23 minutes depending on the track and I get over 100k per race including my VIP payment (assuming I win playing on Pro, I have had to rewind a lot and restart races just to win a series or win most of the races in a series). Unbeatable is usually too hard for me, it was in Forza 6, I can always get 1st-3rd on "Pro".

How many Laps is "extra long" ? I have been doing "Long" and it is pretty good, it is around 15-23 minutes depending on the track and I get over 100k per race including my VIP payment (assuming I win playing on Pro, I have had to rewind a lot and restart races just to win a series or win most of the races in a series). Unbeatable is usually too hard for me, it was in Forza 6, I can always get 1st-3rd on "Pro".

It depends on the track, but most races seem to be in the 20-40 range depending on the size of the track. I think the average distance is around 80 miles. They go up by 10’s as well so some will be longer.

I can check when for specifics when I get home from work.

I've done a few extra long races that were nearing the hour mark, but it's usually around 45 minutes.

When I play the career, I get to a race series that's either uninteresting or the cars in it are just terrible, and then I do not progress further. It was that way in FM6, it's that way in FM7. Because of that, I spend far more time with Free Play than anything else. If I want to get in and out, or settle in for a long session, free play more than has me covered.

When I play the career, I get to a race series that's either uninteresting or the cars in it are just terrible, and then I do not progress further. It was that way in FM6, it's that way in FM7. Because of that, I spend far more time with Free Play than anything else. If I want to get in and out, or settle in for a long session, free play more than has me covered.

You must be a minority then, I really enjoyed Forza 6 career mode and Forza 7 career mode seems far more interesting since there is supposedly another section of the career hidden and it feels less repetitive than Forza 6 career mode wise. In Forza 6 you would race a different class set of cars on the same set of tracks over and over, I would often race in different camera views and use a different car every 3 races to make it more interesting.

"You must be in the minority..." (of players who prefer free play to the campaign, although, without hard data, that point is debatable) its probably what was implied.

I originally was approaching this purely from a grammar perspective. But I did get a little offended once I read Robot's reply. I hastily edited my post...
Therefore I lose. Cool?

I originally was approaching this purely from a grammar perspective. But I did get a little offended once I read Robot's reply. I hastily edited my post...
Therefore I lose. Cool?
Which still doesn't really add up, because from a "grammar" perspective, there really wasn't much wrong with it. The word used fits in to the point he was trying to convey. No one is "losing" here, just don't jump on words so hastily just because you assigned it a certain definition, that the OP didn't even mean in the slightest.

I feel like FM7s single player length feels just a tad shorter than FM6 but its probably the way its spaced out. Wasnt FM6 just FIVE races per series?

I do feel like FM7's races are much more 'badly thought out' and less play tested?

I mean how did the Ultima 1020 races happen? A few in the wet? Yeah lets do 1,000kg 1,020hp rwd cars in the dark around VIR.

I feel like FM7 has a lot of dubious race choices. How about Chenoweth buggies in the wet?

I can forgive the silly underpowered car races like the sub 300 micro cars but there are a LOT of races that seem to be just frustration due to inappropriate cars on inappropriate tracks in poor conditions.

FM3 has those P1/LMP1/GT1 cars around Amalfi coast? FM7 repeats that kind of thing.

Lately I've been spending more time in Free Play. I have already finished the first round of championships and have 3 more to fully complete career mode.

Races almost exactly "triple" in length between normal, long, and extra long.
For example 3-10-30 laps, or 2-7-20 laps, etc.

Back