Forza 7 game won’t start

• Thread starter thomasw
  • 13 comments
Is anyone having problem with starting the game today? The game worked fine a few days ago and I tried to launch the game today to get my gifted cars for Ultimate edition but game won’t start at all. It just show Porsche GT3 at splash screen and then goes back to Xbox menu. Already reinstalled the game same problem. I have disc version. Did Turn 10 update the game today? I’m really pissed can’t even play the game today.

It's happening to virtually everyone at the moment because it appears to be an issue on their end; folks here reporting that they can't even access the forums. They've tweeted that they're working to resolve it.

I was going nuts I thought something wrong with my copy or Xbox. Good thing it’s not just me, and I didn’t see any thread in here either. Thx for update.

If you disable Xbox Live you can play, you just won't have access to multiplayer or leaderboards for a bit.

If you disable Xbox Live you can play, you just won't have access to multiplayer or leaderboards for a bit.

I just did that and my game start from beginning as if there’s no previous save. Did I wipe out my saved game when I uninstalled the game? What a nightmare. Nice going Turn 10!!!

I just did that and my game start from beginning as if there’s no previous save. Did I wipe out my saved game when I uninstalled the game? What a nightmare. Nice going Turn 10!!!
You probably deleted all the data instead of just the game file, in which case it's hardly T10's fault. :P

I am still having the issue this morning, except it shuts my XBone off instead just going back to the dashboard.

Edit: 32gb Update?

You probably deleted all the data instead of just the game file, in which case it's hardly T10's fault. :P

It's actually Microsoft's fault. When I went through troubleshooting page it told me to clear out local saves which wiped out my gamesaves but there's clould sync which brought back my old saves. It's all good now.

I am still having the issue this morning, except it shuts my XBone off instead just going back to the dashboard.

Hearing people are going to settings and going offline for 30 seconds then going back on line and that's working. At work so I haven't tried that out yet.

After uninstalling the game last night the game never downloaded the update, but this morning it got patched by itself about 30gb update, looks like the game is booting fine now. If not you should power cycle the console.

Is anyone having problem with starting the game today? The game worked fine a few days ago and I tried to launch the game today to get my gifted cars for Ultimate edition but game won’t start at all. It just show Porsche GT3 at splash screen and then goes back to Xbox menu. Already reinstalled the game same problem. I have disc version. Did Turn 10 update the game today? I’m really pissed can’t even play the game today.

YES. this happens to me about 3 or 4 weeks after having to reformat windows to get it to work again. i think its deeper problem than forza Motorsport 7 being the problem. because we was getting the same issue with forza horizons 3. and the demos. it never got fixed. we never got any information about it form turn 10. and never heard from them. the only way to fix it was having to reformat my PC. i tried almost every single fix under the sun to fix it. nothing worked. i think it is something to do with what ever software they use to play Xbox games on the PC. ive also heard that Xbox users have also had issues with both forza Motorsport 6 n 7 and horizons 3. its very annoying. very ANNOYING. One day you will decide to play the game and it will not start. and turn 10 dont seem to care.

This happens with all the forza games. Forza motorsport 6 and 7 now. and forza horizons 3. and the demos. i dont think you can blame the customers.

I am having the same issue. Brand new Forza Motorsports 7 Ultimate Edition from Amazon and it will not load. Just wasted an hour of my life on the phone with XBOX support and they were unable to help me. The game will only load to 1% or 2% from the game disc. Tried loading the game in offline mode. Tried deleting the few files that the game did load to 1% and starting again. Tried clearing local game saves and starting again in offline mode. Got me a 200% improvement - now the game loads all the way to 4% then stops. Error codes 0x87e00064 (dirty disc) and code 0x87e00005. The disc is brand new, no scratches, not even a fingerprint.

XBOX support told me that there were known server issues and that maybe it would clear up when the servers are fixed.

Super unhappy that I spent $100 on the Ultimate Edition and cannot play it.

Back