Forza causing xbox failures???

• Thread starter ForNgoods
  • 18 comments
Not sure if it's true or not but so far i haven't developed any problems w/ forza but then again i haven't been playing it a whole lot. But the new rumor going round is forza2 is crashing 360's and M$ is covering it up like it was the watergate conspiracy. Now im gonna be all paranoid about playing it. Here's a link the the story: http://news.filefront.com/microsoft-covering-up-forza-2-crash-forum/

I seriously hope this is BS, but hearing so many stories of the 3 rings i'm not really sure what to believe

A disc can't cause something to break. That would be like putting a CD in your computer and your video card frying itself.

The only thing FM2 problem I have come across is if I leave the game on a pause menu for 15 minutes or more and then resume racing the game starts skipping a couple minutes later.

I had a weird graphics glitch this afternoon when playing on line with MistaX, but it only lasted for 10 or so seconds, and stopped. We rarely play games for more than two or so hours at a time, and most of the problems seem to be coming from systems that are ran quite heavily. My build date was just before my birthday in November 2005, and I've only ever had one issue; It scratched my Gears of War disc, and it has only ever frozen twice; Using the 360 menu over PGR3, and once during a race in PGR3.

I'll keep an eye out for issues. I have yet to encounter one.

It's frozen my 360 a few times. There seems to be a huge amount of disc activity when playing FM2.

Yeah, proof of that is when scrolling the disc activity is so great the 360 can't handle it and freezes. You know... rendering one car is hard work for a next gen system. :rolleyes:

The only isssue i have is with the Silverstone Track. The disc doesnt have anything remotely resembling a mark on it, yet my x360 just doesnt like to load it and it takes literally 3 or 4 mins to load up, the same also happens when exiting out of the said track. When racing around the disc actually stops spinning and the x360 struggles to render the track properly with tyre marks and tarmac textures popping up. Its not a big issue as i tend to just avoid the track but it is annoying!

Spec....

It freezed on me more than a few times going the replay menu for Road Atlanta short, and about twice for loading Laguna Seca.

And for some reason now..... my disc has a bunch of TINY little scratches on it, but none of my other games don't. :irked:

I think this game is alot like GT4 was for older PS2s, it would just totally burn them out. Couple the freezing up with the 360's "excellent" build quality, and it's no wonder they're freezing up.

But as long as the Ring Of Fire dosen't appear, it's all good.

I bought the Xbox ten days ago and I'm only playing Forza, but I must admit it can't read the disc pretty often (already happened half a dozen times), froze once, and I had a couple of time black holes in lieu of track patterns.
I had also a bit of a shock last week-end when I switched it on and saw all 4 diods blinking red, but I hadn't plugged in the video cable into the console. Next boot was ok.
I just hope it will last until the day GT5 is released, somewhere in 2009 ;)

Anyway, it's hard to say that Forza is causing Xbox's to crash. Ok the game overuses disc accesses, but it appears that the failure rate of the console reaches 33% (http://www.dailytech.com/Retailers+Estimate+Xbox+360+Failure+Rate+High+as+33+Percent/article7892.htm)

I bought the Xbox ten days ago and I'm only playing Forza, but I must admit it can't read the disc pretty often (already happened half a dozen times), froze once, and I had a couple of time black holes in lieu of track patterns.
I had also a bit of a shock last week-end when I switched it on and saw all 4 diods blinking red, but I hadn't plugged in the video cable into the console. Next boot was ok.
I just hope it will last until the day GT5 is released, somewhere in 2009 ;)

Anyway, it's hard to say that Forza is causing Xbox's to crash. Ok the game overuses disc accesses, but it appears that the failure rate of the console reaches 33% (http://www.dailytech.com/Retailers+Estimate+Xbox+360+Failure+Rate+High+as+33+Percent/article7892.htm)

There is a thread already of the failure rate on the 360 in the 360 forum: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=95889 It's a good read. 👍

As for the cable incident, don't you hate that? :lol: I get so scared when I get the Ring Of Fire, only to find it's a loose cable that's the problem.

Forza 2 is turning out to be the decider for the 360's reliability issues. And it's only gonna get worse as the games get more advanced.

Thanks for the link. I should have expected GTP to be already informed.
And for the cable, it was the first and only time it happens to me. I could feel my heart missing a beat when my son said :"Hey look, it's funny, it's red instead of green."

And what you say about things getter worse when games use more and more resource is probably too true :(

Forza 2 jhasn't really caused any problems above the norm for my 360, it has forzen a few times but that's the norm. Colin McRae DiRT on the other hand freezes at least once every seesion I have on it.

To me it seems that issues caused by FM2 aren't too frequent (quite possible less then 1% of all copies sold) but i believe that it is a vaild concern. It really is a shame though considering it was the main reason i got a 360 but in all honesty the only reason i got FM2 was to hold me over till GT5 is released. Hopefully it'll last till then. I really hope M$ steps it up and takes a little more responisiblity but the outcome seems bleck.

...I think you can add me to the list... My 360 isn't reading disks anymore. At least not right now.

And the last thing it did was froze while playing Forza.

Edit: I took my HDD off and started the 360 without it, and now it works. What the hell is up with that?

Edit 2: And with the HDD reconnected, it doesn't work.

THIS IS STUPID. THE TWO THINGS ARE UNRELATED FFS.

Edit 3: 4. Power off and unplug your console, then remove the Hard Disk Drive unit and any attached Memory Units, then reconnect your console and try the disc again. If this appears to resolve the issue, power down and disconnect your console, re-attach the HDD and/or MU, then delete any saved games for the game title in question.
Note If you can, save the games to a separate memory unit.

DELETE IT? LEVEL 50, 320 CARS WORTH OVER 50 MILLION?! DELETED?

Yeah right. Ok. Sure. I'd rather run the entire 360 over with the Mustang than delete my Forza save.

...I think you can add me to the list... My 360 isn't reading disks anymore. At least not right now.

And the last thing it did was froze while playing Forza.

Edit: I took my HDD off and started the 360 without it, and now it works. What the hell is up with that?

Edit 2: And with the HDD reconnected, it doesn't work.

THIS IS STUPID. THE TWO THINGS ARE UNRELATED FFS.

Edit 3: 4. Power off and unplug your console, then remove the Hard Disk Drive unit and any attached Memory Units, then reconnect your console and try the disc again. If this appears to resolve the issue, power down and disconnect your console, re-attach the HDD and/or MU, then delete any saved games for the game title in question.
Note If you can, save the games to a separate memory unit.

DELETE IT? LEVEL 50, 320 CARS WORTH OVER 50 MILLION?! DELETED?

Yeah right. Ok. Sure. I'd rather run the entire 360 over with the Mustang than delete my Forza save.
Is it only malfunctioning on Forza? Maybe the savegame is corrupted (does that happen?). Try to load it without being signed in to your profile.

No games work with the HDD connected. Everything starts right up with no HDD.

Edit: Without a profile signed in it works. This is absurd.

If I load up Forza and then sign in, it works fine. This is the stupidest problem I've ever heard of. It's like having a car that won't start because the there's a CD stuck in the CD player.

Back