forza DLC canned

coming soon
Tezuka18
And finally, before I scramble outta here, I just want to make a quick comment on an ongoing theme in our forums as of late. Some of you out there are asking, pleading, angrily demanding, etc. an answer to the question of whether there are more DLC cars or tracks coming in the near future. So rather than go in and respond to every message in every thread, I'll just make a general explanation here; Forza 2 DLC is currently on hold as it's all hands on deck at Turn 10 for our new projects. Our next game is also going to be our greatest game yet, which means we honestly need lots of resources dedicated to the effort. In fact, we've been hiring developers like crazy in order to meet our spec. Although there's no DLC in the pipeline, it doesn't mean we've turned our backs on Forza 2; on the contrary, the game continues to astound us with its usage numbers on Xbox Live and we fully plan on supporting Forza 2 for the foreseeable future. So in case you were thinking otherwise, stick around because we're just getting started. Thanks and see you next week.

http://forzamotorsport.net/news/pitpassreports/pitpass94.htm

way to go turn 10 👎

Wow. Fail.

Forza is a great game, why Turn10 would turn it's back on fan like that is beyond me. I was expecting all sort of goodies for the game but all we got was some rather meh car packs and a couple tracks. I'm worried other games will start to suffer from this as well, mainly GT5 when it finally hits the retail market. It's all well and good to promise DLC but it's quite another to actually deliver it.

This thread title is so misleading.

On hold does not mean they've decided to not release any DLC. Besides, I love how you forgot to bold the part where it explains why the staff has stopped working on the DLC.
Our next game is also going to be our greatest game yet, which means we honestly need lots of resources dedicated to the effort. In fact, we've been hiring developers like crazy in order to meet our spec.
This is a valid reason for putting anything on hold when you're under-staffed.

Wow. Fail.

Forza is a great game, why Turn10 would turn it's back on fan like that is beyond me. I was expecting all sort of goodies for the game but all we got was some rather meh car packs and a couple tracks. I'm worried other games will start to suffer from this as well, mainly GT5 when it finally hits the retail market. It's all well and good to promise DLC but it's quite another to actually deliver it.

You're making it sound like they haven't had any DLC at all. Would you like to point me to another racing game that has had better DLC than Forza 2? I doubt there'd be many out there.

This is all the DLC released so far:

Twin Ring Motegi
Road America

**2007 Nissan Altima
**2007 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V
**2007 Nissan 350Z
* 2007 Peugeot 908 HDi
* 2006 Audi R10 #8 Audi Sport Team Joest
* 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T Hemi
* 2006 Dodge Challenger Concept
* 2006 Honda Civic Si Coupe
* 2007 Honda Civic Type-R (EDM)
* 1967 Lamborghini Miura P400
* 2006 Lamborghini Miura Concept
* 2007 Porsche 911 GT3 RS (997)
* 2007 Saturn Sky Red Line
**2007 SEAT Leon Cupra
* 2007 SEAT Leon Supercup
* 2008 Audi R8
* 1983 Audi Sport Quattro
* 1991 BMW M3 E30
* 2006 Ferrari FXX
* 2008 Koenigsegg CCGT
* 2007 Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera
* 2007 Ferrari 599GTB
* 1973 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
* 1998 Porsche 911 GT1
* 1980 Renault 5 Turbo
**2007 Renault Renault-Sport Clio 197
* 1996 Ferrari F50 GT
* 1989 Ferrari F40 Competizione
* 2006 Maserati MC12 Corsa
* 2007 Lamborghini Murcielago LP640
* 2008 Porsche 911 GT2 (997)
* 2007 Ferrari 430 Scuderia
**2007 #1 Peugeot 207 Super 2000
* 2008 BMW Motorsport M3 E92
* 2008 Maserati GranTurismo
* 2007 Audi S5
* 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X GSR
* 2007 Audi TT Coupe S-Line
* 1971 BMW E9 Motorsport 3.0 CSL

All the ones with ** indicate they were free.

What were we promised? Do you have a link to some concrete proof?

No, but if you followed the game at all you should know fans were upset they didn't get everything that was promised, mainly monthly DLC. Also we never did get the M6. Forza 2 while having great physics was a pretty big let down.

No, but if you followed the game at all you should know fans were upset they didn't get everything that was promised, mainly monthly DLC. Also we never did get the M6. Forza 2 while having great physics was a pretty big let down.

Then you must not follow it too well. Forza 2 has a strong following with the organizational races forums and leagues. I race twice every week with 1 hour race each in Forza 2. The community is great.

As I recall they've always been saying that the forst DLC would be released in September 2007, and that other DLC would follow through fall and winter.
Which is exactly what happened with packs in November and March.

Ok it's not perfect, ok everybody would like to have monthly DL packs, but IMO, Forza 2 is still (by far) the most appealing racing sim on console.

GT4 was also far from gamer's expectations (no online mode, still stupid AI...), yet it kept us busy for a couple of years.

Explains alot, I looked at the blogs from Turn10 and nothing has came up. Looks like the 180sx isn't showing up anytime soon.

At least I can just go out and blitz all my money on the cars knowing that I don't need to save it for anything else in the future. Still a shame though.

its not turn10, its microsoft.

no, foo', microsoft didn't make the game, Turn 10 did.(sorry for turning ghetto)

anyway, there seriously needs to be a DLC pack soon or imma blow a Few million more brain cells than i really should. anyone think there should be SUVs & trucks like in GT4? also, big rigs(18 wheeler cabs) would be a nice touch. another thing they should add is rally tracks. Forza 2 has the physics for it, they just need to add a few tracks, and add dirt tires, and we have a good DLC! anyway, back to the 18 wheeler cabs... i could really see myself drifting in a Kenworth T2000 or an International DT series(i'm not kidding)

I can't see any future DLC, even with Turn 10 not turning there backs on FM2.

Last edited:
Back