Forza Edition Cars Discussion Tread

• Thread starter Jetboy.
  • 9 comments
United States
Pennsylvania
Darkdeeds427
Surprised I didn't find one of these through searching, but it's a genuine interest of mine, since we have so many flavors to chose from.

What is your favorite FE? What one do you wish Turn10 wouldn't have bothered with? (Okay, other than the Monte Carlo..). Do you find yourself using a certain one at a certain track despite its credit bonus existing elsewhere? This thread is for that purpose. I want to hear what you think!

I dont know if its my favourite but I have used the Chevy Caprice SS whatever the most. It drifts ok and its reasonably competitve in the luxury sedan class against M5s and E63s etc.

The matte black chalkboard paint is a bit much as is the red Japanese style six spoke wheels.

The vast majority are really overdone and dont drive dramatically different.

Most have a 25-30% bonus on any track so if you have one in the class for racing you may as well use it.

Honestly, I like the Monte Carlo FE. I've got one in gold and one in blue and I'm keeping them both. It's the sort of light-hearted fun we could all use a bit more of.

The GranTurismo S FE has been my primary moneymaker since I got it early as part of the "Sorry we messed up the VIP Bonus" initiative back around launch. It handles surprisingly well for a car of its size, very little drama from it most of the time. I've gotten quite good at getting around Mugello because of its credit bonuses too.

I don't mind the Monte Carlo FE either, but then again Watkins Glen is the track I have the most mileage on and it gets 40% extra on that, so that may be a reason... :lol:

Thanks Jetboy for starting this thread. I have been thinking of starting a thread on this topic for a long time.
I have 2 of nearly every Forza Edition car, (and a few I have 3 of ). I love racing these cars just for the bonus CR. So the FE cars get the most race time for me. Favorites? I do like the Ford GT, even though it's not very competitive in it's class, 50% at Le Mans, oh yeah! I have 2 of them and one has a V12 in it! I also like the other 50 % cars, the BMW M4 and the Nissan GT-R. The Ford Cosworth has gotten the most drive time, as I enjoy racing that one on the Daytona oval and collecting the Stay on Track for Race MOD bonus. Lots of others I like as well, the modern Chevy Camaro, and the modern Mustang.
Least Favorites? The Monte Carlo, simply because of the look. It's hideous, (in my opinion). However it drives like a champ, and is competitive in it's own division. Also not a fan of the Honda Civic 97 FE. the one with the infamous flared fenders. In this case, the look isn't so bad. But performance-wise it is the worst car in it's division. The Subaru BRZ gets a vote too, I own 3 different ones all with different class tunes, but the low 15% bonus and the track it receives the bonus on forces me to throw that one in.
I do wish they had spread out the FE cars among other dealers a bit more. How many Ford ones? Also I would like a couple more 50% cars, balance it out a little. And lastly, the tracks where you get bonuses on. Top Gear?:ill: Ugh! Test Track for the Ram pickup FE? :crazy:. Dubai for the Acura? :yuck: the Cadillac at VIR ??? :mad:. Some of them are lousy choices, not well thought out. No Cars with a bonus at Daytona? What about Rio? lot's of tracks there. No bonus at Homestead either. Yet there are a couple of tracks with 2 cars that offer bonuses.

I'm glad to see others weigh in on this, after all. :) I find myself using the ATS-V FE (well-rounded in a nearly correct V.R livery) routinely, just because it looks the part so seriously, and the performance in the Lux Sport class is admirable, other than outright top speed.

I'm currently working on a compendium of my garage, 95% being under full homologation spec without any suspension or other changes, around the Nordschleif, just to see what cars truly shine in their respective classes, and over all.

I think now is a good time to offload any unwanted FE’s in the auction house
60D8F21D-2203-4EA0-9E7B-06FBCE07480B.png

I love the XJ220 because it is one of the few Forza Edition cars that have a livery and I think this is really cool.
I think they could use community liveries to make Forza Edition cars more engaging. I and many others, for example, loved the liveries shown on ForzaRC during breaks

cfc71d5b-6509-4087-84a7-799d49debdde.PNG

Currently my favorite FE car is the 2017 Camaro ZL1 Forza Edition. I say this because amongst all of my FE cars, this car has been driven most (874.16 miles). Road Atlanta is my favorite track and if the 2016 Ford Shelby GT350R Forza Edition gave me +40% CR at Road Atlanta instead of Road America, this would be my favorite. I missed out on the ATS-V Forza Edition and I refuse to spend 15 million CR to purchase one from Auction House.

As for which FE car I wish T10 wouldn't have bothered with, like several others have mentioned the 1988 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Super Sport Forza Edition gets my vote. This car is better suited for Forza Horizon, I don't know why T1O decided to bring this car to FM7.

Back