Forza Horizon 4 Season Change: A Peaceful Winter's Drive

Ahhh, winter in Horizon. :embarrassed: After you have collected all of the cars in the game, it's great to just chill (pun intended) or get cars you already have and sell them to those who otherwise haven't gotten them yet....for a price.

My fav! :)

I like winter but in small doses. I really have to be in a certain mood to tackle the winter forzathon challenges. I get more fun out of driving the slower cars in the snow to be honest.

It would have been nice to have a new exclusive car, especially when you aren't into Hot Wheels. The gap between the Shelby GT500 in summer and the Shelby 1000 in upcoming spring can be felt.

Nothing this week, but at least we get to play around with the HotWheel cars. Not really into them myself, but some are kinda fun. The Ford rod is my favorite, followed by the International. And quite a surprise with the 2JetZ. It's pretty much like an Ariel Atom with a Supra engine, which would make it a really good Extreme Track Toy.

Ahhh, winter in Horizon. :embarrassed: After you have collected all of the cars in the game, it's great to just chill (pun intended) or get cars you already have and sell them to those who otherwise haven't gotten them yet....for a price.

My fav! :)
Yeah, if you can. :) My save is a "known issue" according to Forza support for almost half a year now. Can't paint, apply vinyls, update thumbnails, load tunes, download gift cars, buy or sell on the auction house. Actually, I can buy, but not claim. Already have about 100 duplicates to sell. Half the game crippled and no fix. :grumpy:

If you dont play online, like me, and since Drivatars dont drive around the rail yard, you can get the photo award by starting the offroad trail race that starts at the yard and hitting the photo mode button straight away.

I view the fact that they were only able to add two cars for the month as unavoidable, as they were also working on the HW car pack this month.

However, even with that understanding, I would have to say that the prizes in this week's playlist are somewhat boring.
19 Macan is alright. I don't like this car. However, this is the first time in a long time that this car will be released as a prize in an event, and it will be a good opportunity for players who don't have it yet.

However, I think the Ferrari 166MM and Beetle GRC should have been turned into slightly better prizes.
I don't mean to imply that these cars are bad, but both have been prized many times in past events, the 166MM is available at auto shows, and the Beetle GRC is an exclusive car, but common enough to be sold in large quantities and at low prices even on the AH.
More attractive cars as prizes would have motivated us to play the game more actively, even in seasons where these new cars are not offered.

If you dont play online, like me, and since Drivatars dont drive around the rail yard, you can get the photo award by starting the offroad trail race that starts at the yard and hitting the photo mode button straight away.

There's also a dirt road near-enough the railyard to qualify. I took a photo in the middle of that road with a traffic Drivatar driving by and it worked.

You know that saying that the definition of madness is trying the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result each time? Well, that was me trying to get a Transit Supervan to jump over 700 ft to get the three stars at the Rail Yard for #Forzathon. FPV Ute was much easier. In fact, anything lighter is probably easier. As a bonus the Ute clinched the seasonal objective as well.

Last edited:
You know that saying that the definition of madness is trying the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result each time? Well that was me trying to get a Transit Supervan to jump over 700 ft to get the three stars at the Rail Yard for #Forzathon. FPV Ute was much easier. In fact, anything lighter is probably easier. As a bonus the Ute clinched the seasonal objective as well.

I thought I was being clever by starting with the little Mini van. Max power, no weight, should be a doddle... yeah, no. Don't bother trying! :lol:

The HSV Maloo can do it provided it hits 135 mph or more at the ramp. As a bonus, with some handling tweaks it can do the seasonal speed zone.

I used the Supervan FE to do the jump, which once fully upgraded is pretty much a twin turbo Aventador with a van body on top of it.

You know that saying that the definition of madness is trying the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result each time? Well, that was me trying to get a Transit Supervan to jump over 700 ft to get the three stars at the Rail Yard for #Forzathon. FPV Ute was much easier. In fact, anything lighter is probably easier. As a bonus the Ute clinched the seasonal objective as well.

I made at least 10 attempts in the Supervan as well. Could never get more than 620ft out of it. Unbelievably frustrating. Used that ugly ass Holden panel van with a twin turbo Lamborghini V12. I really hate any challenge/event that require you to upgrade a car beyond any plausible real life performance level. This game. :lol::banghead:

Last edited:
FE Supervan did the jump for me. It took two tries, first to clear out obstacles on a run up to the jump and second to nail both three stars and seasonal. Launch speed of 140 mph should be enough provided you can land the jump properly.

I'm not sure what constitutes a "Microcar Mayhem" car either for the Street Scene race. It's hard to prepare a car for the race if you don't know what type of cars are eligible. I had to drive to the race to find out what the AI were packing. Will try out a Morgan three-wheeler as they seem to be doing well. 1971 Lotus Elan Sprint was way better.

Last edited:
You should think that the Morgan used by drivatar is a different vehicle than the Morgan used by us.
They have different cheat-grip tires than the player, so even a car like Morgan, which is very unstable and prone to tail-slide, can perform stable and fast cornering.
We could also reduce the tail slide of this car by doing an AWD conversion and making the drive distribution closer to FWD, but we would probably be much better off using another microcar than doing that...

Classic mini is your friend for the Micro race. I used an old 600pp tune without snow tyres and still won easily.

Classic mini is your friend for the Micro race. I used an old 600pp tune without snow tyres and still won easily.
Man. I wanted to use one of those. I wish I hadn't tried the Elan first.

Back