Forza Horizon 4 Series 20 Preview: Speedtail and Speedy Deliveries

It will be interesting to see if the delivery jobs add a damage meter, like in the original TDU. The risk versus reward factor made for really satisfying game play, and a far cry from the usual 'get there as quickly as possible and at any cost' approach.

The developers are really doing a nice job of keeping the content coming, I would love to see the C8 Corvette soon.
Agreed!

These guys know how to deliver content people want, even if it isn't one's cup of tea. If it was any other game I supported, I would have been depressed and/or jealous right now.

IMO, no other developer is like PG and Turn 10 when it comes to making racing games. All the games I loved in the past have all either turned into trash or lost touch with the community. To this day I haven't regretted my decision to move on from the GT series back in 2015, because those guys don't give a hoot what their fans want and it still shows even in GT Sport.

Anyways enough of me rambling, I'll get back on topic now.

I can imagine the Corvette C8 Stingray will come to Forza soon. PG and Turn 10 are just so good at getting these brand new cars it's not even funny. I love it! :D

Despite there being fewer cars than usual, I have to say I find every car of this update to be very desirable.

All the games I loved in the past have all either turned into trash or lost touch with the community.

I can agree with that. I don't particularly enjoy the experience of moment-to-moment racing in horizon 4, but for game direction, content, and post-release support, I have been more satisfied with it as a whole, opposed to my other games. Unfortunately the entire arcade racing sub-genre has been in a bad place this console gen. Almost nothing but disappointments and just okay titles. With TDU3 in the works, and NFS being handed back to a better studio, I hope Forza Horizon will have improved competition this upcoming gen.

VXR
It will be interesting to see if the delivery jobs add a damage meter, like in the original TDU. The risk versus reward factor made for really satisfying game play, and a far cry from the usual 'get there as quickly as possible and at any cost' approach.
We had damage meters in FH2 and 3, so it's a little surprising we don't have them in FH4. This delivery service would be an ideal opportunity to bring it back.

If people risk falling into depression because their "chosen" game isn't doing certain things, then maybe they should consider widening their horizons and play that other game too?
It's kinda why I brought it up haha, though I wasn't depressed when I supported GT back in the day. I did get jealous of Forza because it did things better or got things GT lacked, such as the latest cars. But that's just my opinion.

I don't mean to turn this into a versus thread. I just wanted to share my feelings with you all, and how Forza makes things better for not just me, but for others too. ^^

Despite there being fewer cars than usual, I have to say I find every car of this update to be very desirable.

I can agree with that. I don't particularly enjoy the experience of moment-to-moment racing in horizon 4, but for game direction, content, and post-release support, I have been more satisfied with it as a whole, opposed to my other games. Unfortunately the entire arcade racing sub-genre has been in a bad place this console gen. Almost nothing but disappointments and just okay titles. With TDU3 in the works, and NFS being handed back to a better studio, I hope Forza Horizon will have improved competition this upcoming gen.
Indeed. A better competition means better games for all of us. 👍

VXR

We had damage meters in FH2 and 3, so it's a little surprising we don't have them in FH4. This delivery service would be an ideal opportunity to bring it back.

Has no one watched the stream? There was a damage meter, not in each delivery, but some. Btw, it's the same in TDU, not every delivery has a driving meter.

Has no one watched the stream? There was a damage meter, not in each delivery, but some. Btw, it's the same in TDU, not every delivery has a driving meter.
No, actually. I was at work. I did the story last night. Three starred everything with ease. Only needed a second try on maybe half. Did not need a third try on anything. It would have been nice if they had given us the two modified delivery vans as prizes, but whatevs.

No, actually. I was at work. I did the story last night. Three starred everything with ease. Only needed a second try on maybe half. Did not need a third try on anything. It would have been nice if they had given us the two modified delivery vans as prizes, but whatevs.

What prizes are there, if any?

I ran the first three chapters of the delivery story last night. Am I just jaded, or is it quite a dull story? For anyone who's gone further through it than me, does it get more interesting?

Three vehicles already available in the game, two of which are in the autoshow for dirt cheap anyway... :rolleyes:
Sure. How is it relevant to the question, what prizes there are for the completion of the story?

I ran the first three chapters of the delivery story last night. Am I just jaded, or is it quite a dull story? For anyone who's gone further through it than me, does it get more interesting?

No, it doesn't. I completed the whole thing in less than an hour... it's the same format as the other stories, except you drive vans.

In fact, the stories are easily one of the weakest part of this game.

No, it doesn't. I completed the whole thing in less than an hour... it's the same format as the other stories, except you drive vans.

In fact, the stories are easily one of the weakest part of this game.
I agree. It's a real chore trying to 3-star everything. It's just the same A to B crap.

The Speedtail is trapped on the FH4 map. The airstrip is way too short and the motorway has too many kinks for its poor ability to turn.

The Speedtail is trapped on the FH4 map. The airstrip is way too short and the motorway has too many kinks for its poor ability to turn.
I've got a halfways decent setup for it, allowing it to hit 270mph and corner as well. It's not leaderboard-worthy, but at least it's driveable now. 👍

I've been enjoying driving it. It's very fighty, and I'm not sure I'd like to get into any close-quarters racing with it, but it's a bit of a laugh. I've been running the Monthly Rivals event, and I've had it sideways pretty much all the way from the tight right turn 4 up to the big stop by the houses. Not the fastest way to drive for sure, but lots of fun

Well, I got the Speedtail. I was at 44% and it was a choice between the weekly for FP or enduring the Playground Games and hoping I win, so I could get the Civic at long last.

Scraped the championship 3-2, and whilst winning was its own reward, that would have been a depressing mess of gameplay had I been on the losing side.

VXR
it was a choice between the weekly for FP or enduring the Playground Games
On the weekly Forzathon challenges, when they say "Prove your car's rally mettle by winning 3 off-road races" or whatever it is they require of you, I always look at the player-submitted blueprint races. There is always some race that takes the field off the road so you can go straight for all of about five seconds and win the race. It's a huge time saver.

On the weekly Forzathon challenges, when they say "Prove your car's rally mettle by winning 3 off-road races" or whatever it is they require of you, I always look at the player-submitted blueprint races. There is always some race that takes the field off the road so you can go straight for all of about five seconds and win the race. It's a huge time saver.

I did that one week for the 'Goliath' which was all off 45 seconds, but I'd forgotten that Blueprints seem to count for Forzathons.

Back