Forza Horizon 4 Series 21 Preview: Smoking Basket of Easter Fun

Porscha in 10 minutes. Custom event, select ai cars, start the race, photo mode, quit. Repeat. If you want a real challenge... try to get it online.

I beg you strela don't give them anymore funny ideas lol.

I agree with you Nielsen it's rather puzzling why Audis have been left out. Perhaps some bad blood between them??

However, a much better line up this month. The Speedtail was the only worthwhile car obtaining in this month's lineup.

I beg you strela don't give them anymore funny ideas lol.
You don't have to worry anymore. They won't put new cars behind Gold anymore. This will be the 4th update in a row without the need of Gold for new cars. I don't think it is just a coincidence.

The car line-up is pretty good. Everyone is probably mostly interested in the Supra, for good reason too. The Guntherwerks looks interesting to mee as well. The Ferrari 599 though. An odd one to convert into a drift machine.

I don't know why the Promo feature was removed, then added in later. Glad to see it back as it was pretty interesting in the last title.

I would say that I'm looking forward to the Merc, Guntherworks and Ferrari the most. Never been a massive fan of Japanese cars as a whole and drifting interests me none so the 599 and Corvette will probably see zero time.
That's something which always held back Gran Turismo for me- the huge bias between Japanese and cars from Europe and North America.

I'm not a fan of modern Ferrari, but the car I'm most looking forward to is the 599.
This car doesn't have the Ferrari name, and even on their website they didn't use the Ferrari name except for the name of the event to get this car.
Of course, Forza is licensed by Ferrari.
However, Ferrari is one of the world's most averse brands to modified cars. It seems to me that they took advantage of the grey area of the license to add this car to the game.
Because of this, I'm curious to see if this car has the Ferrari emblem on it properly in the game.

Note about Horizon Promo: These cars are not intended for filming
  • All traffic (including the Classic Mini Cooper)
  • All "Horizon Story" Edition cars (these cars won't even be recognized as stock Vandura or FX4)
  • Top Gear Flatbed

• All "Horizon Story" Edition cars (these cars won't even be recognized as stock Vandura or FX4)
  • Top Gear Flatbed
On the stream when they took a picture there was a number xxx/685. That is the car count. We have 279 cars right now + the 6 that are coming.

• Top Gear Flatbed
In the stream the traffic Ford Transit did count towards the captured cars, so I don't think traffic doesn't count.

I was a fan of Promo in the past and am happy to see it return.

Me too! I'm also thinking of using the new Horizon Promo as a system to flag cars for me in-game. I have all unique cars including all PO & FE cars already but behind the Promo feature is also a nifty extra filter: cars I captured vs cars I didn't capture yet.

I think I will start using the Promo feature to keep track of "using" every car once. That means I take a car, fully upgrade its perk points, get a satisfying tune and livery for it, do a few races with it, and only THEN take a Promo photo of that car. Then on to the next car. So I can use the Promo feature to keep track of which cars I already used and which not.

As for the new cars, looks like a decent bunch of them added, glad we're getting 4+2=6 new cars this time, last season we only got 3 new cars. I'm a bit disappointed the Supra Mk3 gets priority over the MR2 but ooh well, it doesn't matter that much. Of the leaked list I still want the De Tomasso Pantera most of all. :)

Because of this, I'm curious to see if this car has the Ferrari emblem on it properly in the game.
Yes, it has the front emblem and the cavallino rampante. The lateral shields are missing due to the body kits. You can't drive it but you can take photos.

In the stream the traffic Ford Transit did count towards the captured cars, so I don't think traffic doesn't count.
Literally just tried snapping a traffic Transit,it didn't count.

The Gunther is just perfect. Bonus are the engine swaps.

It's so good, I just love it. Feels good to have another 993, IMO the best looking 911. Miles better than the uninsipiring California MKIII... erm, Parmigiano, no wait, Prosciutto, or Pelegrino... what's it called again? Whatever, it's going to be the most boring addition this month, hands down.

Mostly a nice lineup of new content.

Strange how they're adding new Mercedes-AMG and BMW M models on a regular basis, while the range of Audi RS models is beginning to feel a bit dated in Forza. For example, why not add the latest Audi RS 5?
Imagine being a Cadillac V-series fan once.. You know, we do have more than just one generation of CTS, right? Plus we had the STS-V and XLR-V cars, that were respectively E-Class/5-Series and SL-class fighters. The other two generation CTS-V's were even in older 360 games, and the V coupe was in FM7. Constantly makes me shake my head.

Literally just tried snapping a traffic Transit,it didn't count.
Yeah, doesn't work. The Porsche is fantastic though :D

I think I will start using the Promo feature to keep track of "using" every car once. That means I take a car, fully upgrade its perk points, get a satisfying tune and livery for it, do a few races with it, and only THEN take a Promo photo of that car. Then on to the next car. So I can use the Promo feature to keep track of which cars I already used and which not.
Good luck, I have been working on that for a year now :D

This may sound like a stupid question but when taking photos of 100/200 cars, do they all have to be unique models or can there be duplicates?

That's what I'm doing too. It feels a bit more rewarding than taking random pictures of other cars.
Indeed! I will also recommend taking them to Lego Valley to throw them around if need be, such as at the Stunt Area or racing them at Falcon Speedway. :)

Indeed! I will also recommend taking them to Lego Valley to throw them around if need be, such as at the Stunt Area or racing them at Falcon Speedway. :)

I still haven’t embarked on that expansion. With Fortune Island I was immediately motivated to collect the new and unique cars, but the LEGO game seems slightly more limited in that regard. Though, I’m sure it’s satisfying to smash through all the nostalgic bricks and so on.

Back