Forza Horizon 4 Series 22 Preview: Rally Icons Kick Up The Dust

Wow, I would love to be excited by these, especially the Racing Puma and the classic 1.3L RallyE 205 but I can't because I know they are going to have terrible, terrible engine sounds. It's the single biggest reason i barely, if at all, play this game with how awful the majority of engine sounds are compared to FH3, FH2, FM6 and the legendary FM4...hell even FH1. I really wish they took the care and attention in recording the engine samples for these properly. I actually have an entire exterior profile of the Racing Puma I was able to record many years ago, sure i didn't have over 9000 mics or 100s of hours to edit them but they sound pretty damn good just to throw into a game like Beam.NG or something.

Wittering over, I'm sure they'll look great and drive great but ultimately if they all sound terrible I'll leave the dust settled on FH4.

Man, this game keeps on giving. The ST205!? And the 205 GTi! I did not see this one coming.

Wow, I would love to be excited by these, especially the Racing Puma and the classic 1.3L RallyE 205 but I can't because I know they are going to have terrible, terrible engine sounds. It's the single biggest reason i barely, if at all, play this game with how awful the majority of engine sounds are compared to FH3, FH2, FM6 and the legendary FM4...hell even FH1. I really wish they took the care and attention in recording the engine samples for these properly. I actually have an entire exterior profile of the Racing Puma I was able to record many years ago, sure i didn't have over 9000 mics or 100s of hours to edit them but they sound pretty damn good just to throw into a game like Beam.NG or something.

Wittering over, I'm sure they'll look great and drive great but ultimately if they all sound terrible I'll leave the dust settled on FH4.

Sounds are not great in this game, but they got most cars correct at least. They are also testing new sounds, and most new cars added to the game lately have had these new samples.

I thought a lot about it. I don't think there is a person out there that would say Forza sound the best. Than I ask myself what are the best sounding games that I ever played? And two games come to my mind, NFS MW2012 and NFS Payback. So the two games that in my opinion are the best sounding games are just mediocre games imo. What I want to say is while a good sound can improve a game quality it can't really change the overall experience. This game has mediocre engine sounds, good environment sounds, very good physics, beautiful graphics, a solid map, lots of things to do and the best car list. So while you say you can't play this game because of terrible, terrible engine sounds it's really, really hard to believe it.

I thought a lot about it. I don't think there is a person out there that would say Forza sound the best. Than I ask myself what are the best sounding games that I ever played? And two games come to my mind, NFS MW2012 and NFS Payback. So the two games that in my opinion are the best sounding games are just mediocre games imo. What I want to say is while a good sound can improve a game quality it can't really change the overall experience. This game has mediocre engine sounds, good environment sounds, very good physics, beautiful graphics, a solid map, lots of things to do and the best car list. So while you say you can't play this game because of terrible, terrible engine sounds it's really, really hard to believe it.
Some things bug people more than others, the Forza sounds since FM7 have pretty much sucked tbh, they need to sort their **** out.

Also play Assetto Corsa Competizione or RaceRoom Racing Experience. The incredible sounds really enhance the game and make it super immersive.

Some things bug people more than others, the Forza sounds since FM7 have pretty much sucked tbh, they need to sort their **** out.

Also play Assetto Corsa Competizione or RaceRoom Racing Experience. The incredible sounds really enhance the game and make it super immersive.
I am not into pure sims, but I believe you that those two games sound great. Like I believe it's way easier to reproduce genuine sounds when your game feature race cars only.
I also understand that some things bug people more than others. What I don't understand is generalization of the whole content. Because while I do agree some cars sound awful others are pretty good.

What I have difficulty to understand is the fact that improving the engine sounds would change the option of a player from not being able to play a game. Like people would still enjoy playing AC or RRR even if the quality was a little bit lower, because the driving experience those games deliver goes beyond the sound quality.
they need to sort their **** out.
I don't think they do. FH4 has a huge success even with this level of sound quality.

I've played both those games, and I agree the sound is good, but for me it's far from the most important thing in a game, which is why I play FH4 much more than those two games despite the inferior sound. I'm not 100% sure I'd prefer FH4 to be like ACC and R3E anyway, as I think it could be more fatiguing to play for a long time if it were.

Latest Posts

Back