Forza Horizon 4 Wins Racing Game of The Year at D.I.C.E Awards

This could be expected... and its well deserved. However, i just cant help myself. I will always prefer a sim racer. Would be nice to see Assetto Corsa Competizione next year in this spot.

Well deserved! Congratz PG! Still playing this game from time to time. Currently collecting, customizing, tuning and driving cars, and still I'm having so much fun despite finishing everything. :D
This could be expected... and its well deserved. However, i just cant help myself. I will always prefer a sim racer. Would be nice to see Assetto Corsa Competizione next year in this spot.
I hope one day I can get a powerful PC and steering rack just to play Assetto Corsa. I want to download so many different cars and feel how they drive on different tracks. That will be a such a great dream. :)

Last edited:
If you ignore Wreckfest, F1 2018, and The Crew 2 (which apparently didn't get a nomination), I guess.
Wreckfest and F1 are good games, but are also geared towards niche audiences. Can't expect them to compete with a game like Forza, even though I have personally had more fun with Wreckfest.

The Crew 2 on the other hand, was more of an everyone's game like FH4, but it didn't deserve a nomination IMO. That game was two steps forward, ten steps back from its predecessor, and its predecessor was a 6/10 game at best.

Throw in NFS Payback being the worst NFS title in a while, Gravel being just okay, and Onrush crashing so hard that its top devs got laid off a few months later; it can be safely said that there really was no competition this year.

Regardless, FH4 Earned its place. Even if it released in 2017 with Project CARS 2 and GT Sport, I can still see it holding its own against those titles.

Throw in NFS Payback being the worst NFS title in a while, Gravel being just okay, and Onrush crashing so hard that its top devs got laid off a few months later; it can be safely said that there really was no competition this year.
I have a lot of negatives that I hold against NFS, but I honestly think this iteration was a decent step forward, even if it still had some bad aspects.

The 3 games they nominated, I would pick Wreckfest for racing game of the year. It is a far more unique and memorable experience for me, there are plenty of content in it and the AI is fantastic.

FH4 has been fantastic for me too but it still feels too similar to FH3 with some features update.

Back