Forza Horizon 5 Hot Wheels Expansion Preview: Five-Mile High Club

• Thread starter Famine
  • 12 comments
I tried it but instantly disliked how I was unable to drive any car I wanted in free roam when I wanted to explore the Hot Wheels roads.

I dont remember there being a limit on what cars I could drive around Hot Wheels in Forza Horizon 3.

I do not like how there is a progression wall keeping me from driving my S1, S2 & X cars when I am not even doing any races.

This is starting to feel like a Forza Motorsport which I never got for that reason.

Last edited:
I tried it but instantly disliked how I was unable to drive any car I wanted in free roam when I wanted to explore the Hot Wheels roads.

I dont remember there being a limit on what cars I could drive around Hot Wheels in Forza Horizon 3.

I do not like how there is a progression wall keeping me from driving my S1, S2 & X cars when I am not even doing any races.

This is starting to feel like a Forza Motorsport which I never got for that reason.
People complain about a lack of progression in Forza and that you get everything from the start. So for the expansion Hot Wheels park they built in a progression system and now people are complaining that they don't get everything from the start.

I for one loved the progression. Felt satisfying but easy to complete. It was also very quick, I could probably unlock X Class in about 2 hours if I hadn't taken my time.

People complain about a lack of progression in Forza and that you get everything from the start. So for the expansion Hot Wheels park they built in a progression system and now people are complaining that they don't get everything from the start.
You misunderstand what I said. In free roam, not races.

To be fair, if you change the game structure between the main game and the expansion, then yeah, you end up with a combination of the two that annoys everyone at some point.

I'm struggling to even get past the start of the DLC, I've completed one race on Highly Skilled and won, but despite trying a variety of different cars I just can't win the other two, not helped by getting hit into walls by AI cars and then finishing in a dead heat and being classified 2nd on another attempt.

I was already a bit downbeat about this DLC, but now it's just making me frustrated, especially as I usually have no problem on Highly Skilled.

Last edited:
I was already a bit downbeat about this DLC, but now it's just making me frustrated, especially as I usually have no problem on Highly Skilled.
If it helps, B class is the most difficult for me too. But try one of the pick up trucks it's much easier. Carpass Tacoma is really OP, but the Ranger Raptor is really good too. Go for power/speed when choosing your tune.

If it helps, B class is the most difficult for me too. But try one of the pick up trucks it's much easier. Carpass Tacoma is really OP, but the Ranger Raptor is really good too. Go for power/speed when choosing your tune.
I finally won the 2 races with one of the recommended stock Mitsubishi Evo's, but your right about B Class being most difficult, as I've been smashing the A Class events with the 2018 Ford Mustang GT

It's a good expansion. I like it. Especially the aerodynamic gates
I like that the roads feel the same as normal roads. I swear the FH3 ones felt like actual slippy plastic, and I really didn't like the feel. I like that they still have different "surfaces" in the ice roads/magnetic roads/water flumes, but they're not overused.
I'm struggling to even get past the start of the DLC, I've completed one race on Highly Skilled and won, but despite trying a variety of different cars I just can't win the other two, not helped by getting hit into walls by AI cars and then finishing in a dead heat and being classified 2nd on another attempt.

Yeah, it does seem harder than the base game at a given difficulty. But picking the right car goes a long way, and the Hot Wheels cars themselves that they give you are pretty good for their class most of the time.
You misunderstand what I said. In free roam, not races.
I dunno, I kinda liked that it actually locked stuff off solidly. It made progressing to the next level feel more meaningful, especially when I could take higher level cars and go back and smash the stunts. I definitely wouldn't want the base game to be so brutal about progression, but I'm fine with it in a sub-area.

It probably helps that I like A/S1 class cars to cruise around in anyway, so it didn't feel like it was severely restricting how I wanted to drive from race to race. If you're someone who wanted S2/X to cruise in I could see it being frustrating, it's a few hours to get to that point.

Back