Forza Horizon 5 Season Change: Where The Streets Have No Rain

• Thread starter Famine
  • 14 comments
Whoever thought it was a good idea doing The Trial in Street Scene races is a bloody idiot. Worst race series in FH5's history so far. If the traffic didn't take you out your so called team mates did instead. Thank God it's over.

On a plus point the Lynk seems to have lots of potential for tinkering around with. Only 2 engine swaps but it seems like you can tune it a fair bit.

Shame I won't be able to win the Lynk this week as I'm on holiday. Hopefully, it will be available as a seasonal prize at some point down the line.

I can kiss goodbye to 100% this week. Don't think I've ever won a head-to-head in Eliminator.

Shame I won't be able to win the Lynk this week as I'm on holiday. Hopefully, it will be available as a seasonal prize at some point down the line.
Just snipe it from the Auction House. I grabbed two extras for the ridiculous cost of 275k each. Of course, you have to be a bit patient and have snappy fingers, but it's totally worth it. Grabbing it later will probably be easier, but since it's a new car, the demand is high, and the AH price will with most certainty rise to in between 16-20 mil.

I can kiss goodbye to 100% this week. Don't think I've ever won a head-to-head in Eliminator.
Tip: Start either close to the west entrance of the Arena, or, just outside the Street Scene Horizon outpost, or, on the highway "hub" just close to it. These places almost always have instant car drops. Grab one quickly and then immediately challenge a Beetle close by... They WILL be there because it's popular places to start. Of course you might be too late a couple of times, but then u can restart quickly and just redo the same procedure. Also, have the radio set to off. Why? Because as soon you start, and even before you can even see your surroundings, you can hear the "music" coming from any car drop that's close by. Also, wearing headset makes it easier to locate from what direction the music originates.

Don't forget, have a look at the map asap. If you are considerably far away from the middle of the circle, you can be almost 100% certain that the goal will be somewhere in the direction towards the middle, making it perfect for you to speed up in a good direction, and honk just as you pass your "prey". 👍🏼

Last edited:
Tip: Start either close to the west entrance of the Arena, or, just outside the Street Scene Horizon outpost, or, on the highway "hub" just close to it. These places almost always have instant car drops. Grab one quickly and then immediately challenge a Beetle close by... They WILL be there because it's popular places to start. Of course you might be too late a couple of times, but then u can restart quickly and just redo the same procedure. Also, have the radio set to off. Why? Because as soon you start, and even before you can even see your surroundings, you can hear the "music" coming from any car drop that's close by. Also, wearing headset makes it easier to locate from what direction the music originates.

Don't forget, have a look at the map asap. If you are considerably far away from the middle of the circle, you can be almost 100% certain that the goal will be somewhere in the direction towards the middle, making it perfect for you to speed up in a good direction, and honk just as you pass your "prey". 👍🏼
... Nah. Thanks for the tip but I don't want the 2 points that badly. Happy to take the L this time and hope for a simpler challenge next week. Eliminator's not for me.

Last edited:
I'm impressed at the Lynk. it handles, it goes and it also looks good. This is one of the few instances when a Chinese car company has copied others the right way.

Whoever thought it was a good idea doing The Trial in Street Scene races is a bloody idiot. Worst race series in FH5's history so far. If the traffic didn't take you out your so called team mates did instead. Thank God it's over.
For me it was the easiest Trial I've ever done. All of us beat all of the AI and I even managed to win both races with a DontGivaDeuce-tuned Sandman van.

The On The Move truck race on the other hand should've been entitled "It's Rollover Week Again".

LankyPoliticalAlligatorgar-max-1mb.gif

Last edited:
Eliminator's not for me.
Honestly, it's not that hard. It bores the crap out of me, so I only enter it now in the weeks where it's on the playlist, but I do exactly what @Humorsopa says - Street Scene Outpost usually has five nearby car drops, sometimes two within the outpost itself, which get you up to level 2-5 cars right away.

With the car advantage just challenge a nearby Beetle and you're golden. The finish line is always approximately on the opposite side of the zone, so look at the map and make sure you're heading towards it when you honk - but with the huge start map you'll overhaul a Beetle no matter what unless you crash, and if you're always starting in the same spot you'll learn the terrain quirks quick enough to avoid crashing!

You should get a head-to-head win inside three Eliminators, and there's a pretty quick turnaround between elimination and the next one.

Honestly, it's not that hard. It bores the crap out of me, so I only enter it now in the weeks where it's on the playlist, but I do exactly what @Humorsopa says - Street Scene Outpost usually has five nearby car drops, sometimes two within the outpost itself, which get you up to level 2-5 cars right away.

With the car advantage just challenge a nearby Beetle and you're golden. The finish line is always approximately on the opposite side of the zone, so look at the map and make sure you're heading towards it when you honk - but with the huge start map you'll overhaul a Beetle no matter what unless you crash, and if you're always starting in the same spot you'll learn the terrain quirks quick enough to avoid crashing!

You should get a head-to-head win inside three Eliminators, and there's a pretty quick turnaround between elimination and the next one.
Honestly, three Eliminators is two too many for me. Cba.

Honestly, three Eliminators is two too many for me. Cba.
If you get into a head-to-head right away, and lose, it's about two minutes between that and the next one :lol:

Give the tactic a whirl and see.

Edit: Crikey, if the "Eliminati" update rumour comes to pass, you'll need a technique :lol:

Last edited:
I gave it a go as a practice. Took about five restarts but I managed to beat a couple of people who were even worse at it than I was. Totally miserable experience though and I'm not looking forward to tomorrow. It was more like doing homework.

If an Eliminator based update or event series drops I'll probably be taking a few weeks off.

Last edited:

I'm usually the nearby Beetle.

Back