Forza Horizon - Leave it Behind

United States
United States

Why I skipped Forza Horizon

"So, I was sitting around looking at some of that game trailers that Turn 10 has released for Forza Motorsport 3, 4, and Horizon.

It felt as if Horizon stood out the most and promoted the dude and broey snapback culture. I've always wondered why Turn 10 never really gave us classy trailers and intro's like Polyphony Digital.

The loud obnoxious dubstep and the purposely annoying girl Alice are some of the reasons why I never really bothered with the purchase of Forza Horizon.
I decided to make a trailer for Forza Horizon myself, the game is stunning graphically and it should be appreciated more since it pushes the Xbox 360 to it's limit to achieve the smooth detailed environment and cars it has.

Leave behind the fast pace trailers and show us some class T10.

It's time to grow up."

Last edited:
The ending is a bit abrupt, and it was a bit weird that the video still went on for a bit after the song was over(unless my speakers weren't loud enough.) Was very nice nonetheless.

Let's make sure we look up the actual developer next time & realize they were the ones who settled on how the game should play out.

T10 merely provided assistance.

Let's make sure we look up the actual developer next time & realize they were the ones who settled on how the game should play out.

T10 merely provided assistance.

Well, I can't say T10 did the trailers but they did give PG some guidance with the marketing.

There is a reason why I mentioned FM3 and FM4. Those FM4 trailers for the DLC were usually vile also. You weren't really able to take in what you were looking at without the camera being panned into oblivion.

Last edited:
Well, I can't say T10 did the trailers but they did give PG some guidance with the marketing.
Any proof of this?

Because "the loud obnoxious dubstep and the purposely annoying girl Alice" are the only 2 defined reasons you gave for not buying Forza Horizon, & then followed it with a "time to grow up" directed at T10.

Not sure how you can tell a developer to "grow up" when they had no control over that direction....👎

Any proof of this?

Because "the loud obnoxious dubstep and the purposely annoying girl Alice" are the only 2 defined reasons you gave for not buying Forza Horizon, & then followed it with a "time to grow up" directed at T10.

Not sure how you can tell a developer to "grow up" when they had no control over that direction....👎

"It felt as if Horizon stood out the most and promoted the dude and broey snapback culture. I've always wondered why Turn 10 never really gave us classy trailers and intro's like Polyphony Digital."

While I didn't mention PG games at all there is still some level of involvement that T10 had with the game being put out. Look it up.

T10 themselves has been abandoning core features from it's racing games and making them more user friendly. The 'grow up' was basically a roundup of all of the new features that never really got mentioned by the community in the end. None of them were really wanted. Look on the official forums and here on Forza Planet. The majority of us want a more realistic experience. There have been thousands of complaints of the Nurburgring being too wide and wants of more realistic tuning. It's kind of the same way with core games and Kinect. Most core gamers don't want it but Microsoft keeps giving it.

Not dubstep dude. Most of the music in the Horizon trailers are DnB (drum & bass) goodness. This, plus your other mere details, justify that you yourself need to grow up.

Whats with the personal attack? Did I offend you and your musical preferences?

"So, I was sitting around looking at some of that game trailers that Turn 10 has released for Forza Motorsport 3, 4, and Horizon.

It felt as if Horizon stood out the most and promoted the dude and broey snapback culture. I've always wondered why Turn 10 never really gave us classy trailers and intro's like Polyphony Digital.

The loud obnoxious dubstep and the purposely annoying girl Alice are some of the reasons why I never really bothered with the purchase of Forza Horizon.
I decided to make a trailer for Forza Horizon myself, the game is stunning graphically and it should be appreciated more since it pushes the Xbox 360 to it's limit to achieve the smooth detailed environment and cars it has.

It's time to grow up."

I personally believe you are wrong. The trailers were very good in my opinion and the music in them was excellent. So unless their is some sort of legit excuse some people including myself believe that your argument is invalid. Good day to you sir.

One of the mission statements behind the game was to get today's generation excited about cars again:
http://www.autoblog.com/2012/06/04/forza-horizon-preview/
...both Greenawalt and Turn 10 Studios are more anxious to convert young gamers into the next generation of car enthusiasts. "We are, as a group, actively worried about replacing ourselves," he admitted to us. "I love cars, but I'm 40. I want my kids to be into Camaros and Mustangs and Supras. I want cars like the Subaru BRZ to come out and ignite a new car lust among the younger generation."
So...I like the video, phillkillv2, the music was nice and you did a good job with the editing. But the whole "loud" and "exciting" atmosphere of the game was a deliberate move, for better or worse.

By the way, Alice's nagging has been patched in an update. 👍

Sorry but what I just saw doesn't sell games. To be honest I could care less on how a stupid trailer turns out to be. As long as it gets more copies sold so they can keep making them I'm fine with it. Horizon was a fun game. Shut the music up, ignore Alice, and go racing in a beautiful Colorado setting in pretty much any car you desire. Class or not T10 and PG know how to make a damn fun game.

Sorry but what I just saw doesn't sell games. To be honest I could care less on how a stupid trailer turns out to be. As long as it gets more copies sold so they can keep making them I'm fine with it. Horizon was a fun game. Shut the music up, ignore Alice, and go racing in a beautiful Colorado setting in pretty much any car you desire. Class or not T10 and PG know how to make a damn fun game.

This, pretty much. While it's a nice trailer you've made, Phill, I imagine the official trailers for FH probably appeal to a far larger audience than us fringe fanatics, and we're less likely to be swayed by a trailer than that vast majority is willing to pass on a game thanks to a trailer that wasn't to their tastes.

Personally, I'd much rather have the trailers doing this sort of lowest-common-denominator thing than the game itself ;)

While it's beautiful, what makes you think T10 would do that without the narration of Jeremy Clarkson?

What if's are irrelevant. That trailer proves your theory wrong.

"It felt as if Horizon stood out the most and promoted the dude and broey snapback culture. I've always wondered why Turn 10 never really gave us classy trailers and intro's like Polyphony Digital."

While I didn't mention PG games at all there is still some level of involvement that T10 had with the game being put out. Look it up.
Nothing you just said is new to me; I know T10 had involvement with the game. However, the fact remains that PG was the main developer.
T10 themselves has been abandoning core features from it's racing games and making them more user friendly. The 'grow up' was basically a roundup of all of the new features that never really got mentioned by the community in the end. None of them were really wanted. Look on the official forums and here on Forza Planet. The majority of us want a more realistic experience. There have been thousands of complaints of the Nurburgring being too wide and wants of more realistic tuning. It's kind of the same way with core games and Kinect. Most core gamers don't want it but Microsoft keeps giving it.
And what core features have been abandoned from FM1, 2, or 3 that didn't make it into 4 (Horizon does not count seeing as it was not directed by T10)?

As for wanting a more realistic experience, they have been delivering on that front, or did you forget the improved tire system? Seems like working on the physics to make it more realistic is much important than making 1 of the tracks more accurate.

I'm also pretty curious as to where you're getting this info that says what core gamers want or better yet, if what they want is worth choosing over what could make the company more money.

While it's beautiful, what makes you think T10 would do that without the narration of Jeremy Clarkson?

Ah, of course. Anything that negates your argument must not have been the idea of Turn 10. Perfect.

You can't just ignore stuff because it doesn't fit the weird little image of Turn 10 that you built up in your head.

The truth is, they have professional marketing people. They know that there are people out there that a calmer, more cinematic type of trailer appeals to. That's why they made that Clarkson bit. They used Clarkson because he was involved already. If he wasn't there, they'd have found another way to appeal to the same demographic.

They also know that there are people out there for whom the best approach is the "action movie" Horizon-esque style. That population is probably a bit larger than the previous group, hence more of their promotional material is targeted towards them.

It's not all black and white. Turn 10 wants people to buy their game, and will do whatever gets them the most customers.

Here's the thing... consoles, esp. the microsoft ones are largely owned by young men from the ages of 15 to 35, even moreso when it comes to driving titles. Therefore Turn10/PG want to hit that demographic square in the center.

I have no doubt there are many in both those companies that dont like D&B and Skrillex and all that but so what? I work for companies that do things I dont like.

Polyphony Digital dont do this dudebro type crap because... they are a Japanese company with their sensibilities and demographic.

If you want to see the complete opposite look at Forza 4 and Forza 5. Even Forza 4 with its groundbreaking soundtrack is a dry game.

It's time to grow up."

It’s 2017 going on 2018 I’ll never leave it behind and I found out not along ago that you can put the Xbox 360 disc in a one s and it works a treat so even more reason to go back to it lol. IT WILL NEVER DIE.

Latest Posts

Back