Forza M7 grip/ floating feeling Need some help

United States
United States
Ok I’m coming from Gran Turismo 7 and I do understand these are different games. However I’m a high B class DR in GT7 so I clearly have skill enough to be competent at SimCade racing games. I cannot seem to grasp how traction works in this game. I’ve slightly adjusted the tire pressure (down) I have all assists off, I drive (what feels very slow) slow and finish very low against the CPU. Is there something that I’m missing? My cars simply don’t want to turn, it feels like severe understeer/ floating through corners and the tires never catch. I heard this game over emphasize weight transfer. Ok cool, sounds different, but how do you control that.. seems like slow controlled turns but nope that don’t work. Drifting seems to be the fastest. Is this a drift type game and I’m simply unaware of that? Anyways please share your suggestions or success stories about how you get the cars to grip better. I’m still at the beginning of the game and only just unlocked the 2nd cup. Thanks!

Drifting is far from being faster, by a longshot.

Are you driving stock or modified cars? One thing to get used to in this game from GT7 is understanding what parts are better for your class and your goal. The other is that most of the stock tunes are rubbish, especially more so after you modified a car to your personal taste. In my opinion, tuning is really what brings the cars out of that mess.

Id recommend checking out a few top tunes from the storefront, and see how you like them.

Back