Forza Motorsport (2023) Free-Play Thread: Post Your Custom Races Here!

• Thread starter willbsn13
  • 25 comments
New Zealand
New Zealand
A thread to post all of your custom races in FM 2023!

Will update this when we get confirmation of more Free-Play Options in the game, but here's what we know so far.

Upon entering Free-Play, you can choose between either;

Quick configuration or Advanced event configuration

The options for Quick configuration are;

Game type:
Environment:
Layout:
Time of Day:
Weather:
Number of Laps:
Number of Drivatars:

The options for Advanced configuration are;

TBD

Will see what other options the mode has in store for us but I plan on updating the thread once more info is out there!

What launch day free-play race are y'all gonna set up? I think I'm gonna go for Hot Hatch Icons around Mid-Ohio, at night!

What launch day free-play race are y'all gonna set up? I think I'm gonna go for Hot Hatch Icons around Mid-Ohio, at night!
Vintage Compact at a wet Mugello (hopefully the puddles of death from past Forza's are gone).

Vintage Compact at a wet Mugello (hopefully the puddles of death from past Forza's are gone).
Will be very interesting to see if the puddles are back - we haven't really seen much about weather at all in the pre-release footage so will be curious to see how it plays out on each track this time around.

Would be nice if you could choose opponent cars as part of the advanced features, including making them use the cars in your garage. GT7 has that now even, so there's no reason FM shouldn't.

Would be nice if you could choose opponent cars as part of the advanced features, including making them use the cars in your garage. GT7 has that now even, so there's no reason FM shouldn't.
It’s that and also some kind of quick set up for filtering: FR only, MR only, NA only, turbo only, etc. IMSA, WEC, TCR, BTCC…

So, even if players don’t have all cars, cars can be “borrowed” or inserted for races.

It’s that and also some kind of quick set up for filtering: FR only, MR only, NA only, turbo only, etc. IMSA, WEC, TCR, BTCC…

So, even if players don’t have all cars, cars can be “borrowed” or inserted for races.
That... seems quite robust actually. Looking forward to trying it out myself.

Forza Motorsport 2 had this through System Link multiplayer.

Forza Motorsport 2 had this through System Link multiplayer.
That's interesting. I've only gotten to the series recently via Windows, but it's interesting to know they had a feature like this all the way back in the 2000s, and even through the multiplayer menu.

I really just want to be able to set up multiclass endurance races like I do in GT7, but with all the features they've announced it looks like it'll be possible, which I'm very happy about.

I like to make IMSA races, but probably won't do that until I get the cars for it.

I could also recreate the old Endurance Series from the old Motorsport games.

So, there are different time scales: 1x, 2x, 4x, 12x and 24x. You can also set a specific start time like how it was in PCARS.

Can races like this be created?

Yes more than likely, but the cars will be unlivered and bone stock unless there's a setting i'm missing.

I miss how FM7 had the max settings for the divisions when chosen like the Factory Racers were 900PP IIRC and made for some very close and fun racing, while in FM23 it's pointless to try and race the F50 GT for example against those cars as it will easily wipe the floor with them.

Yes more than likely, but the cars will be unlivered and bone stock unless there's a setting i'm missing.

I miss how FM7 had the max settings for the divisions when chosen like the Factory Racers were 900PP IIRC and made for some very close and fun racing, while in FM23 it's pointless to try and race the F50 GT for example against those cars as it will easily wipe the floor with them.
Okay, so it’s more like random preset with classes?

They said a quick update is rolling sometime this week, so maybe they'll tweak the Free Play a bit.

I just pick a new car and do Quick Event set to random for everything except 9 laps and 23 Drivatar and race wherever it takes me until I’ve gotten to level 50. I also upgrade as I go and the AI definitely do too but only to a point as it seems they can’t use Aero or conversion upgrades and if you upgrade too much you get matched against stock AI cars that you’ll decimate no matter the difficulty.

If I can only race stock AI in advanced Event setup then I will continue with my Quick Event never ending series I’ve been doing.

I just pick a new car and do Quick Event set to random for everything except 9 laps and 23 Drivatar and race wherever it takes me....
I did this a Class C car, but with 5 laps because I had limited time, and got a wet Le Man's 🤣

Made these in FM7, based off the S Races from GT6, 12x Time:

Lime Rock 20 Mile Challenge
Lime Rock - 13 Laps (16:00, Clear, 1 MS)
23 Max Drivatars - Modern Sport GT

Maple Valley 20 Minute Challenge
Maple Valley - 10 Laps (14:00, Partly Cloudy, 1 MS)
23 Max Drivatars - Forza Touring Cars

Suzuka 10 Lap Challenge
Suzuka - 10 Laps (14:00, Variable, 1 MS)
23 Max Drivatars - Forza GT

==========
I'll work on the others later.

I remember someone made a Gran Turismo-like career mode using the custom race features in FM7
I wonder if anyone’s had any ideas to make a similar one in FM8, considering the built-in career mode is about as interesting as watching wallpaper paste dry

Someone's done that for FM7, I'm sure you can just copy those settings. Problem is the low track count, so you would have to either skip those until they show up or use one of the new circuits as a replacement.

Honda NSX-R one-make race at Suzuka
10 Laps (Night, variable weather, 1 mandatory pit stop.)
23 Drivatars, Diffcultly 8
Cockpit cam, ABS and TC off
(You may need wet tires available for this!)

E Class Multi-Class Series (From FM4)
Race 1 (E/A): Grand Oak - 4 Laps
Race 2 (E/A): Maple Valley - 3 Laps
Race 3 (E/A): Lime Rock Alt - 5 Laps
Race 4 (E/A): Mid-Ohio - 5 Laps
Race 5 (E/A): Watkins Glen Short - 4 Laps

To set your class to be behind the A cars, set your group start delay to 0.10s.

Last edited:
D/S Class Multi-Class Series (From FM4)
Race 1: Grand Oak (4 Laps)
Race 2: Maple Valley (4 Laps)
Race 3: Homestead Road Course (4 Laps)
Race 4: Mid-Ohio (5 Laps)
Race 5: Watkins Glen Short (4 Laps)

B/D Class Multi-Class Series (From FM4)
Race 1: Lime Rock Alt (6 Laps)
Race 2: Grand Oak (4 Laps)
Race 3: Road America Short (6 Laps)
Race 4: Mid-Ohio (5 Laps)