Forza Motorsport 3 DLC

Terronium-12

For My Mom, Always
United States
Brooklyn, NY
KR_Viper
I Renown I
Forza Motorsport 3 gets bigger with new game add-ons available today and through the holidays

Tesla Roadster donates tire squeal sounds to two new video games

The article and the thread title themselves are self-explanatory and besides the "heads-up" another purpose this thread serves (other than the discussion of the DLC and Tesla Roadster) is this: if you read the Tesla article you'll note, and I quote this word-for-word..."What does it take to make a video game these days? A lot of time and effort, that's what. For the upcoming Forza and Project Gotham Racing racing titles..." Is that a typo or what? GT5 is mentioned further into the article/page, so, I wouldn't count on it being a mistake.

Is there something I'm unaware of? Has Microsoft found another team to continue the PGR-series? I've never known Autoblog to spout hot air on anything I've read on their site. Maybe they've got it confused with Blur?

I don't know, even that seems like a slim chance....

"What does it take to make a video game these days? A lot of time and effort, that's what. For the upcoming Forza and Project Gotham Racing racing titles..." Is that a typo or what? GT5 is mentioned further into the article/page, so, I wouldn't count on it being a mistake

The whole sentence says:

"For the upcoming Forza and Project Gotham Racing racing titles, the attention to detail going into these games includes getting the sound of the all-electric sports car – electric motor, tires, etc. – just right"

Then the sentence regarding GT5 says...

"A Tesla Motors vehicle will also be available in Gran Turismo 5 and the Roadster's electric motor provided sound for the Batpod in The Dark Knight."

So I intepret that as the article being about the specific event of MGS recording Tesla tire sounds for their games, Forza and PGR, not about the Tesla being in games in general... simply for completeness they mention the car will also be in GT5 and the eletric motor sounds being in The Dark Knight.

The whole sentence says:

"For the upcoming Forza and Project Gotham Racing racing titles, the attention to detail going into these games includes getting the sound of the all-electric sports car – electric motor, tires, etc. – just right"

Then the sentence regarding GT5 says...

"A Tesla Motors vehicle will also be available in Gran Turismo 5 and the Roadster's electric motor provided sound for the Batpod in The Dark Knight."

So I intepret that as the article being about the specific event of MGS recording Tesla tire sounds for their games, Forza and PGR, not about the Tesla being in games in general... simply for completeness they mention the car will also be in GT5 and the eletric motor sounds being in The Dark Knight.

That's one way to go, but there's one thing wrong with that. At least from the perspective I'm viewing...

The article is dated for today and the Tesla Roadster is in PGR4, which came out just a bit over two years ago...I wouldn't begin to understand why they would mention it in that regard when it's already known the Roadster is in PGR4, nor would I understand why someone would record the sounds of the car in general and not include...the car itself. Unless it's a movie that's just plain ass-up stupid. And it says upcoming...how long has the article been in the editing room if it's still referring to (if) FM3 as an "upcoming" title? I would look into the whole PGR thing but I have the feeling that either a. the article is lacking information or is possibly old and was "refreshed", or b. They're confusing PGR with Blur....

:confused:

Imagine that. The free car we get is an Audi. Anyone want to be the leaderboards start getting crowded with 2010 S4s?

Imagine that. The free car we get is an Audi. Anyone want to be the leaderboards start getting crowded with 2010 S4s?

What, you didn't know Audis are the fastest cars on racetracks? :sly:

FM3 is probably the greatest racing game since a long time, but there's a few things that are really annoying... like Audis being faster than anything else. :yuck:

Maybe they are talking about the two PGR titles for the Zune HD?

Whoa, what? That's what I was talking about....them knowing something we (mostly I) didn't know about. Two titles for the Zune?

Please, elaborate.

I read about a PGR and a PGR Ferrari Edition coming to Zune HD. Right now I can only find the Ferrari detail:

http://blogs.msdn.com/stevecla01/archive/2009/11/16/pgr-ferrari-edition-on-zune-hd.aspx

"PGR: Ferrari Edition

Tear through the streets of London, Tokyo, and New York using intuitive tilt and touch controls. Choose from 12 Ferrari cars and test your skill in 33 events in Career Mode. Go head-to-head against three other players in a wireless network race. Share your records with your friends and race their ghost cars in Time Trial mode. Earn kudos for racing with style—it's not just winning, but how you win that counts."

Looks interesting. If they're still continuing the series (hopefully it hasn't become a backhand portable only title) I wonder who they found to develop the game, or is it done in-house now?

That is a good question, and I don't know the answer unfortunately. PGR4 was a complete let down IMO. Bizarre and MS dropped the ball on that title for sure. Since then, I just gave up on the series.

Rumors have been flying around that Turn 10 will be making PGR among a rally title but these are rumors and have no way been confirmed. The only thing that is true is that MS has the rights to the PGR Engine and when Bizzare went to activision they had to make a complete new engine for blur.

"PGR: Ferrari Edition

Tear through the streets of London, Tokyo, and New York using intuitive tilt and touch controls. Choose from 12 Ferrari cars and test your skill in 33 events in Career Mode. Go head-to-head against three other players in a wireless network race. Share your records with your friends and race their ghost cars in Time Trial mode. Earn kudos for racing with style—it's not just winning, but how you win that counts."

All that time and effort and nobody will ever get to play it...

Back