Forza Motorsport 3: Ultimate Collection - Is everything on the disc?

• Thread starter Outrunner
  • 5 comments

Outrunner

(Banned)
China
China
Recently picked up a 360 wheel and its quite a laugh. Was looking at buying Forza Motorsport 3: Ultimate Collection and was wondering if it contains all the DLC on the discs or if there were codes to be used, internet downloads etc.. that may possibly not work now.

Anyone know if all the content is on the discs or otherwise please?

I own the Ultimate Collection and I can confirm that it contains most (but not all, more information below) of the DLC on disc. Keep in mind that it is installed via a second disc, so if you don’t have enough storage (or worse, the game doesn’t come with Disc 2 at all, which it might since you’ll probably buy it used) you won’t be able to get everything.

There is some content that isn’t on disc though: The Ultimate Collection comes with an exclusive ‘Stig’s Garage’ car pack (Koenigsegg CCX, Lexus LFA, Mercedes SLS AMG) that requires a download code. Chances are you’ll be buying a used copy and the code has already been used.

The VIP pack (five cars) and the Community Choice Classics pack (ten cars) aren’t included in the Ultimate Collection at all, and you can’t get them anymore because the DLC was removed from the store in 2013.

Forza 4 is a more complete Forza experience in my opinion; it has pretty much all of Forza 3’s DLC by default plus more. Shame it didn’t get the ‘ultimate edition’ treatment like Forza 3 did.

Thanks. So there isn't much difference between that and 4 then? I'd read some reviews onine that said 3 felt a bit more arcadey with drifting etc and thats what appealed.

3 does have some things that 4 doesn’t (Porsches are the biggest one), but 4 has more content overall (in terms of cars, tracks, and races). There isn’t much of a difference in handling between 3 and 4 in my experience but cars drive very well in both.

Personally I prefer FM4, but you’re not missing out on too much if you go for FM3 instead, especially if it’s the Ultimate Collection.

The only Horizon game I have is Horizon 1 (the only one on the 360, I should add), so it’s the only one I can speak about. I like it a lot. It’s a fun open-world game; it’s got ‘easy’ but realistic handling; the car list is relatively small (around 150) but the roads make up for it. I love listening to the game’s music (three radio stations for dance/electronic, indie pop, and rock respectively), though I’m aware music is a matter of personal taste.

Horizon 1 is less ‘open’ than the other three, but I like that because you can’t plow your way through fields and forests to get across the map.

I can’t speak for what games are best with a wheel because I don’t have one, so I can’t help you out in that regard.

Back