Forza Motorsport 6 or Forza Horizon 3: Which would you buy first?

• Thread starter FoRiZon
  • 18 comments

Forza Motorsport 6 or Forza Horizon 2?

• Forza Motorsport 6

• Forza Horizon 2

• Forza Horizon 3

Results are only viewable after voting.

FoRiZon

(Banned)
Singapore
Singapore
So, i need help for one of my friend. He just recently bought an XBox one (probably one of very few people who bought it here). One of the major reason being he is very interested in Forza series. My friend does have a hobby of cars.

But here is the problem. He is planning to only get 3 games for start due to the monetary and also his parents permit (p.s he dont have jobs atm lol). He got two non driving games (Halo 5 and Fallout 4). And now he must decide which Forza he will get.

Now, he thinks that both has their own positives and negatives. Forza 6 has better physics, tracks from arround the world, and the fact that the game is newer so its got more support and buzz. But still lacking the open world feel, maps and gameplay (esp. multiplayer) mechanics. Forza Horizon 2 is indeed the real top of the game at the open world driving. For some reason though, each game has its own car list, FM6 has race cars while FH2 has exclusive normal cars such as the BMW X5 etc.

What do you think? Dont say "buy both" because thats what he and also I wanted to. (Unless he is permitted to do so but thats another story). He may get both, but not immediately, probably with months of gap. I think both are great in its own merits. Help, suggestions, and advice are very welcome :)

Get both.

:P

FH2, being older, should be cheaper. It went on pretty heavy discount on the XBL Store during Black Friday, and I don't doubt that'll happen again on Boxing Day.

It really depends on how much he values realistic physics, or open-world exploring. FM6 feels very boxed-in versus FH2, but it does have some of the best physics on consoles. It also has a car selection pretty much un-matched without resorting to mods on PC. FH2 is pretty, and is very fun. Also, Porsche (though that advantage won't last long).

It's worth mentioning, that if he likes to do custom designs, it'd make sense to start with FH2, since designs can be transferred over to FM6, but not the other way around.

Get both.

It's worth mentioning, that if he likes to do custom designs, it'd make sense to start with FH2, since designs can be transferred over to FM6, but not the other way around.

I voted H2 for this very reason.

1238895886504840879.jpg

Both are the best Forza games in the series. If your friend has to pick 1 to start with I would say FH2 since it is open world with dynamic day night cycle and dynamic weather along with complete free roam. A much more laid back casual "fun" experience. Also all the designs created in FH2, will carry over to F6. It will be a great way to introduce him to the series. Once he plays FH2, it is no doubt in my mind he will eventually want F6.

Forza Horizon 2 is a much better choice to start.

Free roam and the multiplayer is also great since its open lobby with no waiting in the menus.

I just felt like it has a much more fun and enjoyable experience than Forza 6.

Of course you will want both and Horizon 3.

FH2 was quite good, had a decent amount of cars, overall better gameplay and graphics compared to the first Horizon, a taste of weather and time changes, decent physics and of course, one feature to look out for is to pass your liveries from there to Forza 6.

Horizon 3 on the other hand, looks very promising indeed, especially with lots of new cars, improved gameplay, lots of places to explore and not to mention, the customization.

Last edited:
You already stated the major differences, so it comes down to personal preferences. They are both great games. That said, FM6 demonstrates the best they've learned developing for Xbox One.

This is a hard one... FM6 so you don't get irritated by the lack of Porsche?

I really want to take the 918 around a track.

Although Storm Island is epic fun.

Depending on how important realism is to him I'm pretty sure Horizon 2 will keep your friend going for months until Motorsport 6 comes down in price. Plus the rain graphics in FM6 will feel like a genuine step up when he gets around to buying it. Also hopefully by the time he tries FM6 it will have Porsches so he won't miss them from FH2.

Horizon is the logical choice, Captain.

Last edited:
Forza 6, Horizon 2 was great fun....but only for about a week it got boring really quick much quicker than the first game.

Yep, seeing the xmas sales... get both. Both are very heavily discounted. Kind of shows how limited the driving game market really is. Even with our funny money its not hard to get both titles for under $50, even less if you troll the 2nd hand market eg. ebay due to the raft of people getting rid of pack ins.

After playing horizon 2 for about a day, if he only could get one game, hands down Forza 6. Horizon 2 is a very fun game, I'm glad I got it, and it's a nice relaxed change of pace, but it's not even in the same ballpark as Forza 6 to me. I guess it depends how big of a car nut your friend is, if he likes serious racing or more laid back arcade style. 2 things I've learned about horizon 2 so far:
1. There's entirely way too many trees in France. :P
2. I've never been more greatful in my life to listen to a classical music station. :)

Last edited:
Sorry for the ridiculously late update. Its actually 3 weeks ago. But im busy so whatevs.

So my friend has picked a Forza Horizon 2 instead. He stated that while FM6 is good, Horizon 2 is just more unique and more fun game for him. The open world is like no other (TDU yes but something in FH2 is more robust like Car Customization, car list, the openness, etc). FM6 is a circuit racer like many games, and to him he is kinda stale for it since First Gran Turismo despite the improvements. Plus hes not into car sim anyway, just want to have fun.

Sorry guys :)

I'm playing more of Horizon 2 than I am 6 and I love 6, so that shows how highly I rate H2.

Polls and title changed to reflect newest title, Forza Horizon 3.

Not for my friend this time, but for any people in need.

Of the choices listed then FM6 is the best choice.
I tried Horizon 1 and did not like it. Then again I am not a fan of the open world map, on coming traffic.

So if your friend really likes open world maps over real race tracks then Horizon may be the better choice. FH2 would be cheaper than FM6 but then there is also FM5 so it comes down to a matter of taste and how much to spend.

How come Forza does not just go ahead and include all the cars in both games. Or this might be a wild ideal but have it be like a two disk package deal or something like that. I have zero interest in horizon, but could have interest in Forza 6 or 7 if they would make all the cars available since they are modled anyways.

Back