Forza Motorsport 7 Collection System Thoughts

Do you like the new Collection System in FM7?

• Yes!

Votes: 26 92.9%
  • No.

Votes: 2 7.1%

• Total voters
Brazil
São Paulo / Bra
diegorborges82
So it's the feature that makes more more excited to play FM7.

Rarity will make cars more exclusive and the career mode more rewarding. Also the Speciality Dealer helps with that.

I can feel some GT vibes from this and yeah, its awesome imho. (also being a oldschool GT "orphan" that found home in FM, its cool)

But traditional Forza players may not be very happy eh?

What do you guys think about it?

Just posting a video because I still don't have the game...

It will depend on the economy. If it's anything like FM6 it will add nothing to the game. If it's more along the lines of FH3 it will be a great addition.

I think it's going to be sweet. The wheel spins were way out of control in FM6, I didn't mind it but it was litte too easy to get a huge bankroll with them, plus all the high end cars they gave you. From what I seen on the livestream yesterday, this will be more rewarding.

I can't say for sure until I've tried it, but I'm thinking both yes and no. Rewards from collection tiers? Why not. Cars locked behind tier levels? Pointless.

I'll have to wait until I have played the game for a bit before I pass judgement one way or the other.

Gives you an incentive to play the game, IMO. It's basically the same as unique prize cars locked behind championships, or behind license tests, like a certain game used to do...
Also, can't you use any car you want to in free play, you just don't get any rewards for using it?

Gives you an incentive to play the game, IMO. It's basically the same as unique prize cars locked behind championships, or behind license tests, like a certain game used to do...

Gran Turismo 4 had a fantastic sense of progress (some cars were locked by 24 hours races!) but i fear that they put this unlocking system in FM7 just to gain cash from players with loot boxes . I hope that you don't have to play 300 hours to unlock a rare car .

Gran Turismo 4 had a fantastic sense of progress (some cars were locked by 24 hours races!) but i fear that they put this unlocking system in FM7 just to gain cash from players with loot boxes .

But the loot crates are not bought with actual money, just with in game credits. Which will hopefully always be the case.

Also, can't you use any car you want to in free play, you just don't get any rewards for using it?

I believe so, it's the same "rental" system from FH3 and FM6.

Forza used to as well. I remember in Forza 2 there were several cars that were locked until you attained a certain level and some were locked according the the region you chose. Of course any of those could be purchased from the auction house if available but they were locked in game back then.

Forza used to as well. I remember in Forza 2 there were several cars that were locked until you attained a certain level and some were locked according the the region you chose. Of course any of those could be purchased from the auction house if available but they were locked in game back then.

Yep, that really brought an element of replayability to that game.

Gran Turismo 4 had a fantastic sense of progress (some cars were locked by 24 hours races!) but i fear that they put this unlocking system in FM7 just to gain cash from players with loot boxes . I hope that you don't have to play 300 hours to unlock a rare car .

Basically, if you're an Ultimate Edition owner, you start at Level 2 anyway (at least if you grab all the free VIP/Hoonigan/F&F cars). Getting to Level 3 only takes a handful of cars after that.

I'm 3/4 of the way to Level 4 and I'm not even done the second career series. I'd say it'll be pretty simple to unlock all tiers.

However, what will catch some people out is that some cars stay locked even after you gain access to the tier. I just noticed I can't buy a Prowler. Anything locked gives you a message about only being obtained via these ways (but not, specifically, which):
  • Prize Crates
  • Specialty Dealer
  • Forzathon
  • Completing the Forza Driver's Cup
  • Completing Showcase Events
My guess is this is done to keep people playing.

Will be interesting to see which cars may turn out to be hard to get. I'm sure with over 700 cars there will always be something available that will be interesting enough to keep going. Typically it has always been pretty easy to get all but the rarest of cars in Forza games. The unicorn cars have always been difficult and I must say I never liked that aspect given that only a few people ever attain some of them but that is such a small part that it is no big deal.

It's a little annoying if you're a painter as you want to own all the cars you paint it overall I like the system. It reminds me of older Gran Turismo games where I had to "earn" a car and not have an infinite bank account.

I also like the idea of some cars being exclusive to Single Player rewards.

I still prefer the system that FM1 and FM2 had. Having a car locked behind every event gave added incentive to complete all the races in the game. It was a much simpler system but it worked.

But after FM6, this is a big step in the right direction. I hope Horizon 4 will use a similar system to satisfy those who complained about Horizon 3's lack of progression.

Last edited:
It hardly matters, after playing a few days I’m sure you’ll have tier 5 open, if it even takes that long.

I do however like the new graphic grid that shows per tier which cars you already have and which not.

It's a nice way to give a sense of progression early on, without forcing you to grind for hours for every damn car later on. I like it very much, although I realize it will be a non-factor three or four weeks from now, when I should be sitting comfortably in the top tier.

I'm at Tier 4 already after half a day.

Yeah me too, well almost, I'm tier 3,99 now or something, honestly don't see any free room anymore between the start and end of thatr circle. :P But I want to level up first since the current reward car is the Porsche 928 for free and I want that one. :)

It's super easy to go up in the tiers. I've played for probably four hours over the past two days and I'm already at Tier 4. Plus it gets easier as you move up in the Tiers too because I'm pretty sure you start getting discounts on cars the higher your level.

Back