Forza Motorsport Enhanced Reshade Ver 1.1 [An Update Already!?]

Terronium-12

For My Mom, Always
United States
Brooklyn, NY
KR_Viper
I Renown I
Alright, here we go: Version 1.0 of my Forza Motorsport Reshade.

If you play multiplayer regularly, DO NOT INSTALL THIS because there's a risk, no matter how small, that it could trigger the game's anti-cheat and you'll be banned. You don't want that. I don't want that.

You use this at your own risk because as the game is always-online, there's a chance that you'll be banned regardless, again, no matter how small the risk is. And to be clear, the risk should be smaller when you're only engaging with single player content, like myself. Hypothetically.

So, what exactly is this? It's a Reshade profile and employs the following post-processing effects:

• CMAA 2 (Intel's Conservative Morphological Anti-Aliasing)
  • Contrast Stretch (Adaptive contrast based around what's currently on screen)
  • Luma and Chroma Curves
  • Deband (Filter for masking color banding, specifically on the skybox with the added depth fliter)
  • Filmic Anamorphic Sharpen (Appears to work better than Luma Sharpen, which is what I originally used)
  • SMAA (Sub-pixel Morphological Anti-Aliasing; a wee bit redundant and both this and CMAA may be removed in future iterations)

(Click me)

As this is the first time I've done anything like this in a very long time, there's likely to be artifacts and general jank behavior that I didn't notice. If you see it, point it out. I'll continue to improve upon this and tweak the settings as the days go on.

The primary intention of this is to make what's already there pop more than it currently does, and as such this is something of a subtle/modest boost in contrast and color details. Nothing more, nothing less. As there's no other option than TAA/TAAU (or DLAA for Team Green, you lucky bastids :lol: ) the best I can do is sharpen the details already there.

FSR (and DLSS, from my understanding) have terrible ghosting artifacts and I won't be able to fix that either. That's up to Turn 10 and whatever anti-ghosting logic the game engine uses because, at current, it doesn't appear to work very well.

Anyway, that's enough of my ranting, if you're interested feel free to download and give it a whirl. Once again, do not use this if you regularly take part in multiplayer racing events. Rather be safe than sorry.

----------

Q: How do I do the thing, T?
A:
Download Reshade, you nerf herder.

Q: What do I do now, T?
A: After installing Reshade (and make sure you install every package because who knows what this will turn into), you'll want to acquire the FME profile down below.

Q: And then?
A: Put said profile in the game's root folder, start the game up and you should be good to go.

It's well after 1 in the morning, so you'll have to forgive me for not making this as in-depth as necessary. That can be tended to when the day (and myself) are fresh. :lol:

Attachments

• Forza Motorsport Enhanced.ini
    12.1 KB · Views: 48
Something maybe worth declaring for @Terronium-12 and anyone else potentially concerned about anticheat: it's not as fully-featured as Reshade, but Nvidia Freestyle now supports FM as of the newest driver update:
1696953595324.png

I am woefully rusty at this. I should have reserved two or three posts after the original to keep things nice and tidy, but no, because I'm an amateur now. :lol:

All of this will be prettied up over the next couple of days (no, I won't recreate the thread and move posts around; what's done is done) but for now let's get into the 1.1 Update. Yes, I said update!

1.1 focuses almost entirely on Deband. The original settings were too aggressive, resulting in details being lost to a degree I was uncomfortable with. That's now been toned down considerably, though it's worth pointing out right off the bat: details are still being compromised. However, now it's as such that they're compromised to the lowest degree with the PPE still having a, well, effect on the image.

I've also slightly tweaked Filmic Anamorphic Sharpening but the star of the show is, again, Deband.

Here's a comparison for your viewing pleasure:

Pay particular attention to the not only the bottom right of the bumper, but the upper right quarter of the skybox as well as we've grabbed some detail back there as well.

Attachments

• Forza Motorsport Enhanced v1.1.ini
    12.1 KB · Views: 25
Back