Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 12,699 comments
I remember T10 saying that all the added tracks would be free(am I wrong?) I was puzzled because I am hoping for many new tracks and that would be expensive development for no income. But if this game is really going to be a 5-10 year service life, then there must be some kind of method to this madness 😜
Years of experience have shown T10 that keeping tracks behind a DLC paywall splits the community badly. They can't use those tracks in hoppers, online weekly races or even single player events. So in the interests of community good will, paid DLC tracks are best avoided as long as they have alternative revenue streams.

Now what is their alternate revenue stream? Well, at this point with the car pack finished, their primary revenue stream is going to be Gamepass, which is presumably based on monthly player retention numbers.

If that's not enough to keep giving us new track content, then we will get regular paid car DLC packs, like FH5 is doing. I'm pretty sure they will prefer that to splitting the community with paid DLC tracks, but you never know.

P.S. ACC started with 12 tracks in game, and has given us another 13 tracks as part of paid DLC. This could be said to be splitting their community badly, however ACC doesn't really have online hoppers but just leave it up to players to organize multiplayer sessions. So it works for them as a result. Forza absolutely can't leave multiplayer just to the players to organize, that's not a suitable model for a mainstream 1st party Xbox game.

Last edited:
Would be great but what this game needs most of all is tyrerestrictions. As it is now it is a total upgrade anarchy, and that is also one of the reasons why online racing gets so uncivilized.

FM23 can never be taken seriously as long as it allows anyone to bring anything, "come as you are"
I'd like to see tire restrictions, both in type (street/sport/race) and also compound for race tires (for example only soft and hard allowed for a race), but I think we also need something that forces a compound change. All as options though of course, that you can set up through the free play/private lobby setup screen.

I don't think tire compound has anything to do with the terrible lobbies though, as even lobbies where all the cars are on the same tire because of their spec builds are still a disaster. The main culprit here is that their ratings do nothing, and until rammers/idiots are put in dunce lobbies for their actions, there is no reason for them to change.

This last week I've been playing on my 2nd account as a sort of "multiplayer only hard mode" where I don't qualify for races and always use the hard tire as it's slowest, running the free Civic in the touring car lobbies... and yikes, the atrocities I've seen. We are now 6 months into the game, people should know the tracks, people should understand how tire strategies work, yet the back half of the field is a total disaster in basically every race. It's a weird blend of hilarious, baffling, and depressing.

You probably won't find many that agree too much with your last line though, as the blend of cars has always been something appealing about the series, even if it has been somewhat problematic. Get the rating system working properly though, and I don't see why people in quite different cars on different tires can't have interesting races, and there are always the "Spec" lobbies if you don't like the randomness.

We are approaching month 8 since release so im really curious to see how and what content they add now since the car pass is officially over. We already know each month wont come with a track unfortunately but the game is slowly going in decent direction. Theres still way more events and event types we could use in career and theres the hundreds of cars between FH5 and past FM games that would fit right in thats not in sight yet. This is not taking into account any bugs or features that need to be worked on, just content.
Yeah, this next update will be pretty interesting I think. The game is better than launch but I don't think it's in a state where they can afford to back off on the new content and expect their numbers to stay up. I don't think 2 new cars from career rewards will cut it.

When they can't bring us a new track, I really wish they would add variants of existing tracks. Like the "classic" Indy GP layout, Watkins Glen with no bus stop for vintage stuff, Homestead road course that uses the banking at the end for draft battles to the finish line, Nurburgring GP/Sprint with the fast chicane from the NLS/"Full" (combined Nordschleife + GP) layout instead of the **** slow chicane, etc. It would really soften the blow of not getting a new track, and give them some more ways to mix up the Featured Career and Featured Multiplayer track rotations.

Speaking of, they really need to mix up the Featured Multiplayer rotation. Sure they add in a new track here and there, but lap counts have been the same since day 1, so there has been no need to develop new tire strategies. Even just adding 1 lap to the lap count for all the tracks in the rotation on some weeks would spice it up a lot.

Last edited:
When it comes to tyre strategies, not being able to accelerate tyre wear in single player or multiplayer is really weird.
Why just have fast wear in Featured Multiplayer and nowhere else?

Besides, at the moment (outside of Featured Multiplayer) you can just about get a 45 minute stint out of a set of soft slicks, which rather defeats the point of medium and hard unless they give us accelerated wear...

Last edited:
Putting back some of the track variation will be worse than selling us tracks that were in F7. I want both but it would feel kind of funny paying.. Something’s that have been on my mind. 4 door cars, station wagons💩 Why so many

Last edited:
I'd like to see tire restrictions, both in type (street/sport/race) and also compound for race tires (for example only soft and hard allowed for a race), but I think we also need something that forces a compound change. All as options though of course, that you can set up through the free play/private lobby setup screen.

I don't think tire compound has anything to do with the terrible lobbies though, as even lobbies where all the cars are on the same tire because of their spec builds are still a disaster. The main culprit here is that their ratings do nothing, and until rammers/idiots are put in dunce lobbies for their actions, there is no reason for them to change.

This last week I've been playing on my 2nd account as a sort of "multiplayer only hard mode" where I don't qualify for races and always use the hard tire as it's slowest, running the free Civic in the touring car lobbies... and yikes, the atrocities I've seen. We are now 6 months into the game, people should know the tracks, people should understand how tire strategies work, yet the back half of the field is a total disaster in basically every race. It's a weird blend of hilarious, baffling, and depressing.

You probably won't find many that agree too much with your last line though, as the blend of cars has always been something appealing about the series, even if it has been somewhat problematic. Get the rating system working properly though, and I don't see why people in quite different cars on different tires can't have interesting races, and there are always the "Spec" lobbies if you don't like the randomness.

About tyrecompond & online anarchy; the lack of rules opens up for a bit too "ceative" upgrades. Like overpowered straight-line missiles or tiny cars like the 65 Mini "glued" to the track bcs the PI-calculator does not catch up the grip-gain from adding racetyres. It won`t win on Daytona oval but awill be close to unbeatable on a narrow track.

I might sound a bit dramatic but it`s a tabloid world. Decent tyre-rules ++ would be a big step in the right direction, both online & offline

I'm a fan of Failrace's fun videos, and since he's been very faithful to FM23 it's about time to promote one of his videos here...

This one leverages the disabled user auto driving mode, which can be used not only in single player but also in multiplayer. However, that comes with a disadvantage: The auto driving isn't very good at dealing with other players on track.

The Failrace team basically took 3 of their players and had them enable full auto driving mode while driving Valkyries, against a field of players in D class cars.

The sheer terror of impending Derek is really funny to watch.

Yes, I purchased the GT3 (Apex) car pack for Horizon when it was mistakenly half-price for a few hours earlier this week, even though I have those cars available to me in Motorsport.

My thoughts so far? While it took me a few seconds to get used to the difference in "feel" on my controller between the two games, the cars' SOUND is so overwhelmingly better in Horizon, especially having just returned from watching the Lexus race last weekend, I may just spend a few hours driving around in Horizon just listening to it. So much of my enjoyment of being at a race is not just seeing the cars in action it's the sound as well that makes lasting memories.

Track racing in Motorsport had me ignoring Horizon for several months. The overwhelming difference in sound is now pushing my fun meter back towards Horizon. Don't get me wrong, I'll still be playing Motorsport, but Horizon will be filling more hours of my time in comparison.

Yes, I purchased the GT3 (Apex) car pack for Horizon when it was mistakenly half-price for a few hours earlier this week, even though I have those cars available to me in Motorsport.

My thoughts so far? While it took me a few seconds to get used to the difference in "feel" on my controller between the two games, the cars' SOUND is so overwhelmingly better in Horizon, especially having just returned from watching the Lexus race last weekend, I may just spend a few hours driving around in Horizon just listening to it. So much of my enjoyment of being at a race is not just seeing the cars in action it's the sound as well that makes lasting memories.

Track racing in Motorsport had me ignoring Horizon for several months. The overwhelming difference in sound is now pushing my fun meter back towards Horizon. Don't get me wrong, I'll still be playing Motorsport, but Horizon will be filling more hours of my time in comparison.
I agree the GT cars sound a lot better in FH5 thats for damn sure. My favorite is the M8, RCF and AMG. From what I've seen on videos on YT they didnt get the Ford GTLM sound as good though which sucks a little. I love how that sounds in real life especially downshifting into low rpm acceleration

Back