Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 13,645 comments
For a simracer, spending time on developing CarPG instead of trying to improve physics realism is a waste of time. It's a perfect example of innovation to try and find a new audience but results in disappointing an existing audience.

But let's be honest, GT and FM have both never aimed at the serious sim racers, because both Sony and Microsoft need their marque driving games to be pretty, accessible and playable on the console controller first and foremost. None of these things matters in the slightest to PC sim racers with their sim rigs.
Yea I was just talking about GT and Forza really. proper PC sims don't really have career modes, which i've always found disappointing tbh. I'm not really an online guy

Right. I just don't use DLSS. It doesn't seem to be working anyways. At all. Technically, your supposed to keep your settings at the native 4k and the DLSS is supposed to downscale and rescale for you automatically. However, I've found no gains and even problems like you have in even using it. And I agree with you that I've never experienced a game to come out on PC with so many issues as well. It's frustrating. Right now, I get between 65 - 80 FPS. That's my swing and it can drop below 65 even. As long as it stays at least somewhat stable, I don't get headaches from playing this stutterfest. lol
Hopefully it'll be patched over time, but have they even acknowledged the DLSS bugs? or the fact the game is very single threaded?

BTW use this mod to enhance the visuals it really does make a nice difference in clarity and contrast, looks more FH5 esque without going overboard like ****** ENB reshade filters

Last edited by a moderator:
About Forza winning best racing game in TGA

Most of community will try take a dab on Forza, but this is actually a showcase of actual state of racing game genre overall

Racing games are becoming more and more niche, they arent even the graphical showcase it once was, since other games are becoming better on it, just look to the trailer of Kojima´s OD Experimental Game and you will see what i mean.

Its time for the racing game bubble stop feeding itself by nostalgia and support games that try something new, even if the results arent great as it seems at first, stop begging for insert some mid-to-late 2000s game get a remake or something similar, work or support in projects that work on new game features

Baldur's Gate 3 is a success EXACTLY beacuse it was so great and inovative for classic RPG that bursted the bubble expetacullary, imagine it for racing games, it would be historic for me, and is totally possible if we innovate

The thing that comes first on my mind first was that video talking about the current state of racing games, showing a part that we have lot of concepts for racing games and showing that cool space game with 80s cars

But why you think that they dont do it? that really should be tried, Right? but nobody tries beacuse would annoy the community or even worst (CarPG anyone?). anything that isnt in preference of racing game bubble is shuned, as much cool it looks like, so they end up trying the common denominator

Does Forza deserved? no, but this is what happens when you have no games that innovate and burst the bubble, the general public ends up knowing racing games only by the historic names (in this case Forza) and the games that did something in average level (in this case Motorsport), it wont change until something really good comes out but it wont happen until racing game fans stop using their nostalgia glasses and start working and promotting projects that can push the genre foward.

Side Note: aceessibility was deserved, they maneged make a blind person drive a car, it was basically the coolest thing i saw in game this year, totally deserved and wouldnt like if someone else had won it
Remember OnRush? That tried to break the mold to be different and ended up as one of the biggest failures of modern times.

Personally I think just releasing a game that you can confidently buy and never expect it to get a content update would be good enough. Patches? Sure it would probably need that regardless of how complete it is. But a game that you could play in a vacuum and feel satisfied is what swept the VGAs this year, as proof. Same for Hi-Fi Rush getting so many nominations.

Yes I typed a lot just to say a finished game

Last edited:
But let's be honest, GT and FM have both never aimed at the serious sim racers, because both Sony and Microsoft need their marque driving games to be pretty, accessible and playable on the console controller first and foremost. None of these things matters in the slightest to PC sim racers with their sim rigs.

For me, one of the best things about FM is I can play on all my screens, I've been Sim racing most of my life, and while I love seat time in the rig, sometimes I want to just get a few mins of track time while I'm going about my day, 10mins while I'm heating my lunch is a perfect amount of time to do a few laps on rivals, and I've even started to do a few free play races using a gamesir controller with my phone

Remember OnRush? That tried to break the mold to be different and ended up as one of the biggest failures of modern times.
And? A bad apple isnt representative of the entire tree, or Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing also is a exemple of it too?
Games that became racing classics such Blur and Split Second came exactly from risk new ideas
Personally I think just releasing a game that you can confidently buy and never expect it to get a content update would be good enough.
for the racing game bubble? maybe but even that wont guarantee success considering most player racing games in niche have constant eupdate

Outside the bubble wont be enough, the avg gaming public considers racing games akin to FIFA, FIFA 10 and FIFA 23 are the same game

For them Need For Speed, Forza and iRacing are the same thing, nothing new for them
Also, I am not saying that you should apeel to the masses without sacrify the bubble, but if you focus just on the bubble the game is mostly faded to end in infame

Last edited:
For me, one of the best things about FM is I can play on all my screens, I've been Sim racing most of my life, and while I love seat time in the rig, sometimes I want to just get a few mins of track time while I'm going about my day, 10mins while I'm heating my lunch is a perfect amount of time to do a few laps on rivals, and I've even started to do a few free play races using a gamesir controller with my phone
Yeah, I love this too, but it's not something you expect from a serious PC sim. So it's not something the "hardcore" simracers care about in the slightest.

Personally I think just releasing a game that you can confidently buy and never expect it to get a content update would be good enough. Patches? Sure it would probably need that regardless of how complete it is. But a game that you could play in a vacuum and feel satisfied is what swept the VGAs this year, as proof. Same for Hi-Fi Rush getting so many nominations.

Yes I typed a lot just to say a finished game
But this is the Gamepass era. Microsoft is invested in generating "engagement", which means players will be encouraged to come back each week, rather than playing through a "finished" game then moving on.

You have to accept that if you want something which won't change over time, you need to look elsewhere than Microsoft 1st party, because your requirements are absolutely not in line with Gamepass goals.

Last edited:
But this is the Gamepass era. Microsoft is invested in generating "engagement", which means players will be encouraged to come back each week, rather than playing through a "finished" game then moving on.

You have to accept that if you want something which won't change over time, you need to look elsewhere than Microsoft 1st party, because your requirements are absolutely not in line with Gamepass goals.
As much people like to to say, as i said before it isnt just a MS thing

iRacing, Gran Turismo, rFactor 2, ACC and more use updates and GAAS-like models to survive, its almost industry standart at this point

You dont find gamepass on those, still those use simmilar systems as both Forzas

Last edited:
Accessibility is well earned.

I bet the FM.net forums are delighted the game got best Sports/Racing though 😅

I thought The Crew Motorfest would get it, it’s got that jury-pleasing vibe to it.

F1 23 is the best F1 game in years, but as an annual release I can see how juries would dismiss it as an iterative update.
It is a little`salty`over there,if you want a giggle have a look at the thread.Some people who post that they actually like the game are soon called out for it,even if they agree with the faults.Its not a nice forum to be in,it reminds me of gamefaqs a little bit.

It is a little`salty`over there,if you want a giggle have a look at the thread.Some people who post that they actually like the game are soon called out for it,even if they agree with the faults.Its not a nice forum to be in,it reminds me of gamefaqs a little bit.
Yup, there’s a lot of people blinded by general rage/disappointment at the game in general. It’s basically an echo chamber at this point.

Everyone is talking about Forzas award and im just sitting here waiting for more leaks in the form of cars and tracks lol. But also waiting in anticipation of next weeks update ( looking forward to hockenheim) and hoping they made some great fixes that wont brake this game any further.

Last edited:
Anyone got any interesting choices for the R series lobbies? I've been using the Audi TT RS race car and it's a lot of fun, only got it to level 18 so far so not quite meeting the PI cap, it's not particularly competitive, but have now got it up to 893 so interesting to see how it fares.
Just took it out on RA and it's lack of speed ruined me, but it handles much better than all the supercars everyone else is rocking, I did have a moment when I plowed into a Porsche because I was taking the kink flat-out on the back straight but the Porsche had to heavily brake, but at the time was sitting in 5th after starting 13th so wasn't doing too badly.

The GMA T.50 is great on both grip and accel tracks. Seems to work best with the V8 engine swap so will cost a lot of xp to level up. (Wouldn't be surprised if this ends up in the top 10 of most leaderboards before long)

The sesto elemento converted to rwd is also good, again quite a lot of xp required due to the rwd swap

The appolo intensa is very good on short grip tracks like lime rock

The ferrari 599xx evo is also a good all rounder

Loads more i'm testing but those are a good start if you're looking for something other than the porsche, mclaren or chev dp.

Yup, there’s a lot of people blinded by general rage/disappointment at the game in general. It’s basically an echo chamber at this point.
Whilst I agree that game has its faults,theres no let up on the negativity and after reading it for so long it gets you down a little.YT vids are popping up on there,saying how bad the game is,yada yada and all it does is add to the negativity.
YOU put things into context regarding the state of the game,without sounding like you are defending T10 or microsoft.You give a possible reason/scenario why the game is what it is and that,in my opinion,is whats missing from FM.net,a few sentences from you are more interesting than a lot of negative posts. 👍
I really do like the game,warts and all,and I genuinely hope T10 can get there stuff together.Its a little light on content at the moment but running the trackday specials tour over again with a different car each time for me is a blast,I know its still the same tracks and scenarios but each cars different.I think its great.Fingers crossed we can get it fixed proper.

Last edited:
SmartSelect_20231208_203459_Samsung Internet.jpg

SmartSelect_20231208_204044_Samsung Internet.jpg

SmartSelect_20231208_204420_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
About Forza winning best racing game in TGA

Most of community will try take a dab on Forza, but this is actually a showcase of actual state of racing game genre overall

Racing games are becoming more and more niche, they arent even the graphical showcase it once was, since other games are becoming better on it, just look to the trailer of Kojima´s OD Experimental Game and you will see what i mean.

Its time for the racing game bubble stop feeding itself by nostalgia and support games that try something new, even if the results arent great as it seems at first, stop begging for insert some mid-to-late 2000s game get a remake or something similar, work or support in projects that work on new game features

Baldur's Gate 3 is a success EXACTLY beacuse it was so great and inovative for classic RPG that bursted the bubble expetacullary, imagine it for racing games, it would be historic for me, and is totally possible if we innovate

The thing that comes first on my mind first was that video talking about the current state of racing games, showing a part that we have lot of concepts for racing games and showing that cool space game with 80s cars

But why you think that they dont do it? that really should be tried, Right? but nobody tries beacuse would annoy the community or even worst (CarPG anyone?). anything that isnt in preference of racing game bubble is shuned, as much cool it looks like, so they end up trying the common denominator

Does Forza deserved? no, but this is what happens when you have no games that innovate and burst the bubble, the general public ends up knowing racing games only by the historic names (in this case Forza) and the games that did something in average level (in this case Motorsport), it wont change until something really good comes out but it wont happen until racing game fans stop using their nostalgia glasses and start working and promotting projects that can push the genre foward.

Side Note: aceessibility was deserved, they maneged make a blind person drive a car, it was basically the coolest thing i saw in game this year, totally deserved and wouldnt like if someone else had won it

Niche or not, there’s no excuse for the game to be as buggy, broken, and unpolished as it is. Microsoft is lucky the competition in the category is similarly buggy, broken, and unpolished. No pun intended, it was a race to the bottom in that respect.

Baldur’s Gate 3 is rightfully getting the spotlight not simply for being a deep RPG, but because it bucks all the trends that plague many a modern triple-A game, including, surprise surprise, Forza. You don’t need a live service or battle pass to create a deep, engaging experience. And while Baldur’s Gate has its fair share of bugs (it’s definitely not perfect in that regard), I’m hoping that the recognition it is receiving for defying trends sends a message to the industry across all genres. Forza is decisively following all the trends, lack of polish included.

Last edited:
All three of those are content creators; negativity gains more clicks regardless of their actual thoughts on it, so of course they’re gonna complain. They’re entitled to that belief of course, but most rational people would… oh, I dunno… just ignore the result and move on with their lives?

The game absolutely isn’t perfect, but I continue to be amazed that people who aren’t happy with the game, complain about it consistently, yet they keep playing. Nobody is forcing you to. Admittedly it’s not as bad as the GT forums; you had certain members there (not naming names) who said they wouldn’t be buying GT7 after being disappointed by GT Sport - naturally, they said after the same about that game after GT6. These people then proceeded to criticise every trailer, every screenshot and piece of news that came out about it… then bought the game anyway, some of whom bought a PS5 just to play it when they didn’t need to. And guess what? They didn’t like it. Still continue to play it and moan about it though, naturally…

This thread is dead, good to liven it up a bit, huh?

Anyway, there weren't any positive comments:

I honestly don't know what all the negativity is about, I really like the game, I think it's great, big step up from previous games, all I want is more tracks, which, are coming so all good. I've experienced a couple of crashes and that's about it, XBSX, and that's been after quick resume which sometimes occurs in other games too, due to the nature of the beast.

I honestly don't know what all the negativity is about, I really like the game, I think it's great, big step up from previous games, all I want is more tracks, which, are coming so all good. I've experienced a couple of crashes and that's about it, XBSX, and that's been after quick resume which sometimes occurs in other games too, due to the nature of the beast.
It was hyped up as a grand reboot that turned out to be anything but, customisation remains pretty woeful (hello basic Forza Aero), the progression (although kneecapped) is a horrific grind, classes are still not properly sorted out (seriously why is a Trans Am TA2 and V8 Supercars in Forza GT?), PC optimisation is crap etc.

It was hyped up as a grand reboot that turned out to be anything but, customisation remains pretty woeful (hello basic Forza Aero), the progression (although kneecapped) is a horrific grind, classes are still not properly sorted out (seriously why is a Trans Am TA2 and V8 Supercars in Forza GT?), PC optimisation is crap etc.
These things and to add, we have an amazing dichotomy of being told that wonderful catch phrase - Built From The Ground Up, and we know how that turned out. We were lied to. People are taking into consideration that 6 years passed and the game was basically built from the FMSeven up. There's negativity due to the fact that it's hard to wonder that in the timeframe they had in 6 years, why are so many tracks being held back but yet "ready to go" weeks after release? It seems like there's some content that was just held back on purpose and was ready to go from release. This never sits well with fans. It didn't create any excitement or that feeling of looking forward to what's next. Quite the opposite when they just add back things we already had in 7 in the first place.

Then you have this perfect storm of PC players where it was quite apparent that Turn 10 never even tested the game. There's no way. There's no way you could play the PC version of this and say, "yep, that's ready to ship". And I don't care what people say in here about "the game was made for console or the game was made for controller". Sorry but in 2023, a lot of people have moved to PC, and a lot of people have acquired sim rigs or at the very least, a wheelbase attached to a table and some pedals underneath. This is the norm now, and if these features don't work or are in such a bad shape that the game is unplayable for a whole group of people, you've failed. It should have never went out the door. Never.

Add to that a career mode that seems like it was an after thought and pieced together by drunken teenagers, and there's just nothing to hang your hat on. After 6 years, this is all they could come up with for us to do for a career? And they changed the features right off the bat and that didn't even make sense because acquiring the parts didn't mean we had the XP to use them?
The platform is pretty much all here. You, I or what is seemingly anyone with half a passion for motorsport could have came up with a better career than this.
GT7 is not good and people didn't want to buy a PS5. Especially those with PC's already. And this is what we got. It seems as though it would be impossible to start out this worse than FM7 was but yet here we are.

Last edited:
Please come teach me how to drive the stock thing! 🤣
Don't know why you're struggling but anyway, I am willing to teach you.
That's the problem, we aren't ready for something different.
Yeah, I love this too, but it's not something you expect from a serious PC sim. So it's not something the "hardcore" simracers care about in the slightest.

Engagement does stand for something though. It's an important factor for all types of media, not just video games. The idea of seasons and consistent updates maintain audience retention, even if a game is "unfinished" at the start. If it's done right, it can extend the life of the game and prevent it from fading into obscurity. Video game are soo much harder to produce compared to 20 years ago and the investments are absolutely huge, so less people are willing to take risks as a result. This is the case for racing games, which no longer get the same amount of exposure as they might've done before. Better to be safe than sorry, but it does stifle creativity in this niche gaming space even further. This is not helped by the audience, who seem unwilling to change their views when it comes to driving and racing games. Very few people have played AC on PC, Forza on Xbox and Gran Turismo on Playstation so there isn't a lot of crossover between the communities. Many people who play ACC on PS5 crap on Forza and Gran Turismo, and the PC players don't even give the consoles a second look. This disunity and tribalism is only serving to accelerate the downfall of racing games, meaning that new and innovative titles either struggle or fail horribly.

Last edited:
Maybe god loves me more than other PC users, not one crash or oddity for me. Fanatec DD1, Clubsport V3 pedals. Just a functioning game that has things I’d change.

BTW use this mod to enhance the visuals it really does make a nice difference in clarity and contrast, looks more FH5 esque without going overboard like ****** ENB reshade filters

Thanks for this. It really does get rid of that awful hazy film on everything and looks more real. I had heard there was a few mods in Nexus and glad you reminded me. Also went with the mod that gets rid of the 2D wheels or whatever so they don't chage colors with the different lods. It's the little things that make a difference sometimes.
Maybe god loves me more than other PC users, not one crash or oddity for me. Fanatec DD1, Clubsport V3 pedals. Just a functioning game that has things I’d change.
That's great to hear! Gives some of us hope. 😄

Niche or not, there’s no excuse for the game to be as buggy, broken, and unpolished as it is. Microsoft is lucky the competition in the category is similarly buggy, broken, and unpolished. No pun intended, it was a race to the bottom in that respect.

Baldur’s Gate 3 is rightfully getting the spotlight not simply for being a deep RPG, but because it bucks all the trends that plague many a modern triple-A game, including, surprise surprise, Forza. You don’t need a live service or battle pass to create a deep, engaging experience. And while Baldur’s Gate has its fair share of bugs (it’s definitely not perfect in that regard), I’m hoping that the recognition it is receiving for defying trends sends a message to the industry across all genres. Forza is decisively following all the trends, lack of polish included.
My text wasnt a defense of Forza victory to be clear
its more that its victory is a symtopm of Racing Games in general

As i said when you have nothing that busted the bubble, this public will seek/vote for the most known name for theyselfes that turns out that is Forza
seriously why is a Trans Am TA in Forza GT?

Idk if you know, but historically a Trans Am is considered a GT Class car, in fact, even nowadays, the Trans Am championship has one or two GT Classes that runs alongside the TA and TA2 cars
BUT, I do think that they should give a TA car as showcase car and make a TransAm class or something like that
there’s a lot of people blinded by general rage/disappointment at the game in general. It’s basically an echo chamber at this point.
This is the only place that arent basically blind by rage/disappointament at thins point is here basically
it makes me worry even more about the future of game, i just hope that the numbers in Xbox and the TGA prize guarantee that the game get the update it deserves in the future
we know that at least until June we will get updates beacuse of CarPass, but beyond that, we dont know what comes in the pipeline and i hope it isnt a Grid 2019 situation for me...
the fact that it's hard to wonder that in the timeframe they had in 6 years
start out this worse than FM7

Can we stop assumming they started to work on this game as soon FM7 went gold? I HATE IT with a desdain as much i hate the marketing departament of the new FM for not knowing sell the product as they should.

Since people have goldfish memories i will tell you what happened, in 2017 FM7 LAUNCH WAS A WORST DISASTER, they had 2 years to remake the game to a propper state, and when they finshed it, they had to deal with other various issues until 2019.
In 2019 they just gave up of FM7 and ended up starting planning for this game, so basically they had 3, 4 years AT BEST to make this game, this in DevTime nowadays IS INSANITY as the avg time nowadays is 4-5 years or more

I do blame 2 people: First, the marketing departament, ingoring the reboot aspect thinking that appeel for the outdated "le graphical showcase" marketing would work again. Instead of sell the good points that were already being truly bulid from that moment like the multiplayer that was tested since 2020 or the new physics that are BY FAR the best since FM5, for some the physics are clearly best IN ENTIRE FRANCHISE.
Second, the headups that sacrified the game even knowing it would end up in trouble for the devs, its clear they had no conditions to delay the game and were pushed to launch it, i dont know why or who order was from, Was from Dan? Was from Chris? Was from Phil Spencer? Was to fill the gap between Starfield and 2024 lineup? was to save 2024 lineup from same fate? i have no freaking idea, but all i know is that someone is to blame for it and arent not the main devs that work in the game.

I wish i could talk more about the marketing departament, but I could, certainly i would get suspended or worst...
And I don't care what people say in here about "the game was made for console or the game was made for controller". Sorry but in 2023, a lot of people have moved to PC, and a lot of people have acquired sim rigs or at the very least, a wheelbase attached to a table and some pedals underneath.
I and some people had told before, but i will tell you again, its a first-party console game, it has XBOX sticked on it in the first moment you turn the game, they will put the focus in console first and always will, if you dont want to deal with it, go play anything else but this, it was told even before the launch, it was a risk bound to happen even if the console launch was smoother than it was (and it was far more smoother than PC).

I do agree and think that they should had delayed the PC version too, but it is also bound to happen if was with Gran Turismo or even Mario freaking Kart, that is the downside of getting a first party game outside of the first party plataform it was focused for, this isnt iRacing, AC, NFS or rFactor 2 that are (third party or) PC focused games and have (all plataforms or) PC as priority.

I think that is absord and extremaly low intelligence how, some PC players, assume/think that some first party studios will sacrify the console experience in favor of PC, there is a reason that it also happened with various other 1st party ports of non Xbox games like TLOU as well...
That's the problem, we aren't ready for something different.
Bingo, +1000 points for you

All three of those are content creators; negativity gains more clicks regardless of their actual thoughts on it, so of course they’re gonna complain. They’re entitled to that belief of course, but most rational people would… oh, I dunno… just ignore the result and move on with their lives?

The game absolutely isn’t perfect, but I continue to be amazed that people who aren’t happy with the game, complain about it consistently, yet they keep playing. Nobody is forcing you to. Admittedly it’s not as bad as the GT forums; you had certain members there (not naming names) who said they wouldn’t be buying GT7 after being disappointed by GT Sport - naturally, they said after the same about that game after GT6. These people then proceeded to criticise every trailer, every screenshot and piece of news that came out about it… then bought the game anyway, some of whom bought a PS5 just to play it when they didn’t need to. And guess what? They didn’t like it. Still continue to play it and moan about it though, naturally…
Totally agree with this,more negativity means more clicks,just more drama.I dont watch anything from the first 2 and I have no idea who dustinden is. :lol: The game is far from perfect but some people are just consumed by rage and struggle to see any positives with anything,each to there own at the end of the day.I like the game,despite the faults,same as GT7,and thats what matters to me.👍

Back