Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 12,251 comments
I know there are still AI issues even though Turn 10 says they've improved but they really need to address Daytona Road Course. There is always a pack up in turn 2 at the start of the race and if you're following an AI car closely through there later in the race they will abruptly brake just like at the start.

I know there are still AI issues even though Turn 10 says they've improved but they really need to address Daytona Road Course. There is always a pack up in turn 2 at the start of the race and if you're following an AI car closely through there later in the race they will abruptly brake just like at the start.

I think when they are a bit more happy with the AI behaviour they will likely call it out properly in a blog post prior to an update, if you remember the Jan update they sent out https://forza.net/news/forza-motorsport-community-update-3 it detailed 3 areas they were working on in parallel, but since then they have only really called out the progression changes boldly, AI and penalties have been mentioned in release notes but weren't really the key features of any release.

Of course, until then, incremental improvements are still very much welcome 😁

Out of interest, try using a factory stock car or a car upgraded only within its original class. And make your PI the limit in the free play options, as I swear you get better behaved AI, cars still make mistakes on certain tracks but I've had some amazingly clean races using this method. (I did a normal one make Cayman GT3 race and even the lead car was all over the place. Tried it again with my method and it was a totally clean race) I wonder if it's because they normally go for power builds, as when I do this, some will match your PI but most will go under it. Or it could be just random what AI/Drivertars you get? :confused:

Out of interest, try using a factory stock car or a car upgraded only within its original class. And make your PI the limit in the free play options, as I swear you get better behaved AI, cars still make mistakes on certain tracks but I've had some amazingly clean races using this method. (I did a normal one make Cayman GT3 race and even the lead car was all over the place. Tried it again with my method and it was a totally clean race) I wonder if it's because they normally go for power builds, as when I do this, some will match your PI but most will go under it. Or it could be just random what AI/Drivertars you get? :confused:
I was using the newly acquired bone stock Vasser-Sullivan Lexus RC-F, which I think is 784, and I set the AI limit at 790. I have been using the PI limit method for the last several times I've played. It helps somewhat to at least make the races competitive and not have two cars just keep pulling away but it doesn't help with their behavior as far as packing up or running into you. At least it hasn't so far.

This is one of the things GT does better, in the sense that this car, which has a history with the franchise, just arrived via update and they made a bit of fuss about it.
In FM the car is just there among the others, with no sense of what makes it special.

I wish we could get back to the FM4 presentation where some cars got the full Autovista treatment. That felt special.

Anyways to LeMans I go (where else?)
Friend, from the rocky launch and the way things are going, I don't think FM will ever be "FM" again. other franchises are nailing it left and right with their target base, and Forza is just alienating itself further. Never thought this day would come or I'd be saying this about a game I got the X360 exclusively for.

Last edited:
other franchises are nailing it left and right with their target base
Literally every long running game franchises have problems, and their fans are extremely vocal about. Whether that's shooters (CoD, BF), Open world games (most Ubisoft games), Racing games (Grid, GT, NFS), Pokémon etc. We get countless "xx has lost the way", and "Modern game bad" articles, posts, discussion, videos etc.

This is one of the things GT does better, in the sense that this car, which has a history with the franchise, just arrived via update and they made a bit of fuss about it.
In FM the car is just there among the others, with no sense of what makes it special.
I don't think either franchise does it well at all. Aside from the pre-drop marketing (on which count both do a reasonable job), PD did nothing to make the GT-One special in-game. All it got was a limited time-trial event and a new race, but the race comes with a big caveat, it's at Le Mans, but part of the World Touring Car 900, which gives it some odd (and non-multiclass) opposition. That's without the backlash about what Group it's been put in, which seems to be drawing more focus than the car itself.

It didn't even get a menu book to allow a fanfare to be made about it, which oddly (but not surprisingly) went to Jaguar, a brand not part of the content drop at all!
I wish we could get back to the FM4 presentation where some cars got the full Autovista treatment. That felt special.
This I agree with totally.

But with old british man from FM4 or jeremy clarkson, no super dull Forza Motorsport 5 lady

i realise old british man and jeremy clarkson are one in the same but that game actually had 2 distinguished gentleman
FM2023 has a British guy doing voiceovers too. Why not use him?

Bring back the spoken commentaries.
I highly suspect they were cut due to cost.

In Forza Motorsport 4, only about 20 cars got the treatment as it was essentially a prototype for the upcoming Xbox One generation.

Forza Motorsport 6 did voiceover on every car I think, but by then the roster had ballooned to 500+ cars, and I presume the VO work was also done in other languages. VO work isn't cheap, nor is the implementation of it across a game.

Last edited:
Back