Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 12,695 comments
my issues with past forzas were never car models or graphics anyways. Most people will never care.
Same, the game always looked good and felt really good to play (with a controller). But single player was never really immersive, and the multiplayer is just trash. The mp is on the same level as F1 open lobbies, if not worse. Private leagues were fun but I'm assuming most of them have died off or moved onto different games by now.

FM had a thriving community and economy at one point, but Turn 10 decided to kill it by getting rid of clubs, custom public lobbies, and auction house in the name of building the game from "the ground up" when moving to the Xbox One. FM4 was the peak of the series and it hasn't recovered since.

If they plan on including so many race cars I hope they put work on updating their physics engine to include hybrid powertrains, ERS, DRS, KERS, in-car adjustable TC/ABS and all other things race cars have had for over a decade. And proper open-wheel car suspensions. As much as I enjoy driving the Renault RS17, Ferrari 641 and McLaren MP4/4 in FM7 they are very far from realistic. Same with LMP/GT3.

If they plan on including so many race cars I hope they put work on updating their physics engine to include hybrid powertrains, ERS, DRS, KERS, in-car adjustable TC/ABS and all other things race cars have had for over a decade. And proper open-wheel car suspensions. As much as I enjoy driving the Renault RS17, Ferrari 641 and McLaren MP4/4 in FM7 they are very far from realistic. Same with LMP/GT3.
Overtaking systems like manual DRS, KERS/ERS and nitrous need to be properly simulated if they were to claim that the physics have been... if I had a dollar for every time Chris Esaki or any of the Turn Ten staff say it again...

how is the spirit r compared to the vanilla rx7? i think the spirit r was introduced after fm1

honestly they could just put better/different versions of the bad modelled cars without acknowledging it, the ae86 is atrocious, well, just put a 2 door trueno, or a black limited, in fact the ae86 got worse with time, as since horizon 2 and motorsport 6 it has the wrong paintjob at the bumper
The Spirit R is not really any better. The exterior looks marginally better but its still not accurate. The interior is what I shared since I couldn't find a good pic of the normal car.

You guys do realise that we live in the Gamepass era now, right?
I fully expect all their PR pre-launch to focus on the shiny and exciting aspects, because they want those (tens of) millions of gamepass downloads to achieve their sales targets.

And now a serious question to you guys: Who intends to get FM(8) simply via Gamepass versus buying it outright?

Last edited:
And now a serious question to you guys: Who intends to get FM(8) simply via Gamepass versus buying it outright?
Definately through gamepass :D i won’t be playing all the time to be honest. Just like Forza Horizon 5 which i played 100+ hours and… stopped playing it. Also i felt a little bit disapointed with FM7 so i need to try it first.

I fully expect all their PR pre-launch to focus on the shiny and exciting aspects, because they want those (tens of) millions of gamepass downloads to achieve their sales targets.

We live in an era where Forza Horizon had 15 million unique players within a week of launching.

They are trying to attract the more casual crowd toward the game.

I'll get it via Gamepass because I have years of gamepass lined up. But if it ever came off I'd buy it and I will be buying all the DLC etc.

Last edited:
I don’t own an Xbox or PC so getting it on Gamepass would certainly be cheaper. I managed to complete most of FH4 and FH5 streaming it via the cloud, hopefully can do the same for this one.

Good to see FordGTGuy still fighting the good fight :lol:

I'm honestly surprised that people are surprised they're lying about the ground up thing, T10 have consistently lied since FM2 onwards IIRC, they're the kings of PR ********. At this point I give up on ever hoping to see a proper R32 or Silvia model (among many others) in these games, we'll be playing Forza Motorsport 20 in 2050 and we'll still be using the same R32 model sourced from 2004
I never once claimed any of the models are accurate or perfect. Only that they have been rebuilt from the same or similar source materials and recreated with flaws afflicting previous models.

Saying that the R32 Skyline model in Forza Horizon 5 is the same model as Forza Motorsport (2004) is just being disingenuous and honestly full of crap.

If I give you the same sources and measurements and ask you to model it then I would expect the same flaws to be recreated every time.

If you think a 2004 car model is being used in modern Forza Motorsport, you are kidding yourself.
001.jpg

002.jpg

There are more polygons in the headlight assembly than the entire 2004 model.

Last edited:
I never once claimed any of the models are accurate or perfect. Only that they have been rebuilt from the same or similar source materials and recreated with flaws afflicting previous models.

Saying that the R32 Skyline model in Forza Horizon 5 is the same model as Forza Motorsport (2004) is just being disingenuous and honestly full of crap.

If I give you the same sources and measurements and ask you to model it then I would expect the same flaws to be recreated every time.
If they're idiotic enough to keep remodelling the same inaccurate models over and over then they deserve the flack thrown at them!

they obviously know they are completely off, they're not blind, they just don't seem to give a **** because your standard xbro gamer won't even notice. They don't seem to give a **** about their core audience who have been moaning about it (and many other things) for well over a decade.

If they're idiotic enough to keep remodelling the same inaccurate models over and over then they deserve the flack thrown at them!

they obviously know they are completely off, they're not blind, they just don't seem to give a ** because your standard xbro gamer won't even notice. They don't seem to give a ** about their core audience who have been moaning about it (and many other things) for well over a decade.
You are completely correct, Forza Motorsport's development has always been in an echo chamber of their own.

Here are the possibilities.

1) They've been using the same model since 2004 (as you claim or X360 models as others claim) and the flaws are due to not being willing to recreate it.

If this is correct then they just need to remake the model... we know this is BS. We both know perfectly well if they recreate the model again that it is going to be just as messed up as before.

2) They've recreated the models but using the same source material and recreating the same flaws.

If this is correct then they need to throw out all their source materials and actually laser scan the car itself and recreate all required source materials.

Last edited:
You are completely correct, Forza Motorsport's development has always been in an echo chamber of their own.

Here are the possibilities.

1) They've been using the same model since 2004 (as you claim or X360 models as others claim) and the flaws are due to not being willing to recreate it.

If this is correct then they just need to remake the model... we know this is BS. We both know perfectly well if they recreate the model again that it is going to be just as messed up as before.

2) They've recreated the models but using the same source material and recreating the same flaws.

If this is correct then they need to throw out all their source materials and actually laser scan the car itself and recreate all required source materials.
1. It's obviously not exactly the same since 2004, there are many more polygons, (though it seems they stopped adding too many more after FM4), they are much more detailed than 2004, BUT that doesn't mean too much when the original souce material is still wank.

2. Yes I agree completely

Motorsport will never have the same level of mass appeal as Horizon games. It's simply not happening.
Just being on gamepass from launch, unlike the previous games, will undoubtedly attract quite a lot of the Horizon crowd. They may not stick around but Microsoft will still count them when boasting of the player numbers.

Just being on gamepass from launch, unlike the previous games, will undoubtedly attract quite a lot of the Horizon crowd. They may not stick around but Microsoft will still count them when boasting of the player numbers.
Ultimately what matters is whether the player base sticks around, it will dictate how long the game will be supported. Halo Infinite boasted high numbers at launch but today it's player base is pathetic despite being free to play, not even on gamepass.

My prediction for tracks:

Spa-Francorchamps
GP pit/start (7km)
Endurance pit/start (7km)
Rallycross (0.9km)

Kyalami
GP (4.5km)
Historic ('68-'88, 4.1km)

Laguna Seca
GP (3.6km)
Historic ('57-'87) 3km

Maple Valley Raceway
Full (4.8km)
Short (1.8km)
Full R (4.8km)
Short R (1.8km)

Circuit Hakone
GP
National
Club
GP R
National R
Club R

Yas Marina
GP ('21 5.2km)
GP (pre '21 5.5km)
North (3.1km)
South (2.3km)
Corkscrew (4.7km)
Rallycross (1.2km)

Catalunya
GP (4.6km)
GP no chicane (4.6km)
National (2.9km)
School (1.7km)
Rallycross (1.1km)

Silverstone
GP (5.8km)
International (2.9km)
National (2.6km)
Rallycross (0.9km)
GP 90s (5.1km)
Historic ('75-'86 4.7km)

Daytona
Oval (4km)
Sports car (5.7km)
Short (4.7km)
Rallycross (1.14km)

Mid-Ohio
Road course (3.8km)
Road course 2 (3.6km)

Nurburgring
GP (5.1km)
Sprint (3.6km)
Nordschleife (20.8km)
24h (25.3km)
Rallycross (1km)

Circuit of the Americas
GP (5.5km)
National (3.7km)
Club
Rallycross (0.8km)

Le Mans
Circuit de la Sarthe (13.6km)
Circuit de la Sarthe Hunaudieres (13.5km)
Bugatti Circuit (4.1km)

Monza
Full (5.7km)
Full no chicane (5.6km)
Short (2.4km)
Historic ('60-'61 10km)
Historic ('62-'71 5.5km)

Suzuka
GP (5.8km)
East (2.2km)
West (3.4km)

Dubai
Full (7.2km)
City (3.8km)
Mountain (4.1km)
Full R (7.2km)
Mountain R (4.1km)
City R (3.8km)

Rio de Janeiro
Full (6.1km)
National (4.5km)
Full R (6.1km)
National R (4.5km)

Imola
GP (4.9km)
Historic (5km)

Bathurst
Full (6.2km)

Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez
GP (4.3km)
Short (2.6km)
Oval (1.6km)
Historic ('86-'14 4.4km)

Last edited:
My prediction for tracks:

Spa-Francorchamps
GP pit/start (7km)
Endurance pit/start (7km)
Rallycross (0.9km)

Kyalami
GP (4.5km)
Historic ('68-'88, 4.1km)

Laguna Seca
GP (3.6km)
Historic ('57-'87) 3km

Maple Valley Raceway
Full (4.8km)
Short (1.8km)
Full R (4.8km)
Short R (1.8km)

Circuit Hakone
GP
National
Club
GP R
National R
Club R

Yas Marina
GP ('21 5.2km)
GP (pre '21 5.5km)
North (3.1km)
South (2.3km)
Corkscrew (4.7km)
Rallycross (1.2km)

Catalunya
GP (4.6km)
GP no chicane (4.6km)
National (2.9km)
School (1.7km)
Rallycross (1.1km)

Silverstone
GP (5.8km)
International (2.9km)
National (2.6km)
Rallycross (0.9km)
GP 90s (5.1km)
Historic ('75-'86 4.7km)

Daytona
Oval (4km)
Sports car (5.7km)
Short (4.7km)
Rallycross (1.14km)

Mid-Ohio
Road course (3.8km)
Road course 2 (3.6km)

Nurburgring
GP (5.1km)
Sprint (3.6km)
Nordschleife (20.8km)
24h (25.3km)
Rallycross (1km)

Circuit of the Americas
GP (5.5km)
National (3.7km)
Club
Rallycross (0.8km)

Le Mans
Circuit de la Sarthe (13.6km)
Circuit de la Sarthe Hunaudieres (13.5km)
Bugatti Circuit (4.1km)

Monza
Full (5.7km)
Full no chicane (5.6km)
Short (2.4km)
Historic ('60-'61 10km)
Historic ('62-'71 5.5km)

Suzuka
GP (5.8km)
East (2.2km)
West (3.4km)

Dubai
Full (7.2km)
City (3.8km)
Mountain (4.1km)
Full R (7.2km)
Mountain R (4.1km)
City R (3.8km)

Rio de Janeiro
Full (6.1km)
National (4.5km)
Full R (6.1km)
National R (4.5km)

Imola
GP (4.9km)
Historic (5km)

Bathurst
Full (6.2km)

Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez
GP (4.3km)
Short (2.6km)
Oval (1.6km)
Historic ('86-'14 4.4km)
Would hate to see road Atlanta and road America go and would like to see Interlagos too. If I had to make the choice, I would dumpster Rio and Dubai.

But I definitely wouldn't be unhappy with this list.

Would hate to see road Atlanta and road America go and would like to see Interlagos too. If I had to make the choice, I would dumpster Rio and Dubai.

But I definitely wouldn't be unhappy with this list.

I don't have much affinity for either of those American circuits, but that's not solely why I dropped them, I just feel those are 2 of the circuits which have aged the worst in-game. I'd almost expect one or both back as a free update but with refreshed models.

Im actually sad that we probably never gonna see the old fanstasy tracks again. They where soo good and unique, like they added something different other than all the other race tracks that we see in every racing game. Just like in GT7 the fanstasy tracks are fun to drive on with improved physics and graphics with each release that you don't get on other racing sims.
Fm7L_LZWYAErpuF

whos-remembered-fujimi-kaido-in-forza-motorsport-4-and-3-v0-etj7v22wgd0a1.jpg

latest

I miss the fantasy tracks too. Wished people complained more about that over the accuracy of car models... :rolleyes: Not that I want to bring that drama back again. Just pointing out how it REALLY aggravated me over what's more important to most people, like whether FM will feature an actual ranking system, safety rating etc. Me, and I'm sure many other people, want to hear more about the physics, multiplayer, and single player. I also want RAW gameplay showcasing these things, because it's been too long now.

I miss the fantasy tracks too. Wished people complained more about that over the accuracy of car models... :rolleyes: Not that I want to bring that drama back again. Just pointing out how it REALLY aggravated me over what's more important to most people, like whether FM will feature an actual ranking system, safety rating etc. Me, and I'm sure many other people, want to hear more about the physics, multiplayer, and single player. I also want RAW gameplay showcasing these things, because it's been too long now.
well tbh we don't have much to go off atm, we've actually SEEN the car models, we have heard **** all about the super important stuff as of now

Have people not been begging for Fujimi Kaido to return for years now?

I'm definitely playing through Game Pass to start. I do enjoy going back to older games, so if I do like the game I'll probably buy it when it's cheaper.

Have people not been begging for Fujimi Kaido to return for years now?
Enough that it's the only older fantasy track to be officially mentioned when they were talking about the potential for returning fantasy tracks around 2019. This is around the time they decided to tell us they call them "Forza Lore" tracks which I don't think has been mentioned since.

Edit: I'm sorry admins, I forgot to edit the reply into my previous post before posting, please spare me. -

Staff Edit: Merged for you

Last edited by a moderator:
Esaki also commented on the fantasy tracks that tend to be fan favorites. These will be dubbed part of the “Forza Lore Series” going forward and will crossover with the Horizon series as well. He mentioned the classic Fujimi Kaido drift circuit in the Q&A noting “We hear you guys loud and clear; we’re working on a lot of stuff right now.”

Jhtnq.gif

Esaki also commented on the fantasy tracks that tend to be fan favorites. These will be dubbed part of the “Forza Lore Series” going forward and will crossover with the Horizon series as well. He mentioned the classic Fujimi Kaido drift circuit in the Q&A noting “We hear you guys loud and clear; we’re working on a lot of stuff right now.”

Jhtnq.gif
If Fujimi Kaido will be in the game, it will probably be saved for a big reveal. Since the game is no longer expected to release before E3, that might be when we see it.

Last edited:

Game Pass for me, doubt my PC will be good enough to handle it so I'll play via cloud.

Back