Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 12,695 comments
I just hope they don't pull a PD and start freestyling car classes. I'm not interested in racing Lmdh and a Vulcan.

Also Paul Ricard has 247 different configurations, from 0,8 km to 6 km length. I'm sure there will be many of them
247 but none of them is interesting. Paul Ricard is very boring. Looks like a car park. Hope they bring lemans and street circuits

I just hope they don't pull a PD and start freestyling car classes. I'm not interested in racing Lmdh and a Vulcan.

247 but none of them is interesting. Paul Ricard is very boring. Looks like a car park. Hope they bring lemans and street circuits
Not great for F1 but it's decent for sports cars.

Nice to see that the new Forza is confirmed to finally have a car that's currently racing in a major championship in 2023.
In theory they should get the alpine f1 car from this year too.

I would love an R25 too, but idk how f1s licenses operate for older cars. I do know that grid got it because they had alonso in the game.

Last edited:
16 days til the Xbox direct, and 18 days til the monthly stream that's (hopefully) mainly focused on Motorsport! Still hoping my Sagaris made the cut.

This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Forza Motorsport Cover Revealed, More Info to Come in June Showcase & Monthly Shows

Turn 10 has revealed the cover for the upcoming Forza Motorsport reboot, with the first ever appearances for a racing prototype and for hybrid-electric cars on the front of a title in the 18-year history of the series...
so it will HAVE single-player career?!?!?
Maybe they will play the game with single-player career in Tokyo.... at PD
just maybe...

Paul Ricard is lame.

247 but none of them is interesting. Paul Ricard is very boring.

Paul Ricard has 247 different configurations
This why i think Paul Ricard is good for forza motorsport beacuse it have various layouts of all sorts for all types of cars
I actually think Forza should add tracks that have various layouts like that, the sandbox effect gets higher

Some other tracks that have multple layouts and thus would be great
-Twin Ring Motegi
-Tsukuba
-Las Vegas Motor Speedway
-Charlotte Motor Speedway
-Interlagos (if they scan the older layouts as well)
- Sidewinder / Test Track Infield snake tracks (FM-FM4)

so it will HAVE single-player career?!?!?
Yes, they had talked about it for months even on last direct in january

Maybe they will play the game with single-player career in Tokyo.... at PD
just maybe...

lol no chance

16 days til the Xbox direct, and 18 days til the monthly stream that's (hopefully) mainly focused on Motorsport

also 19 for showcase extended that surely will have motorsport too

They will add seasons like FH4/5, but how they applly especifically for each location? Will snow, in Rio or Interlagos? Tropical storm in European Tracks? How they will do a management this?

They will add seasons like FH4/5, but how they applly especifically for each location? Will snow, in Rio or Interlagos? Tropical storm in European Tracks? How they will do a management this?

it wont work directly like FH
probally they will use Forzathon and new weekly events smiliar to weekly events of Gran Turismo Sport/7

Last edited:
This why i think Paul Ricard is good for forza motorsport beacuse it have various layouts of all sorts for all types of cars
I actually think Forza should add tracks that have various layouts like that, the sandbox effect gets higher

Some other tracks that have multple layouts and thus would be great
-Twin Ring Motegi
-Tsukuba
-Las Vegas Motor Speedway
-Charlotte Motor Speedway
-Interlagos (if they scan the older layouts as well)
- Sidewinder / Test Track Infield snake tracks (FM-FM4)
I think having tracks with variants is good, but there are also a ton that aren't really useful in the context of the game and Turn 10 needs to do a better job limiting which versions are used for which classes in public lobby rotation. Using VIR as an example, we shouldn't be doing VIR South in GT3 cars in public lobbies, it's a mess at turn 1 and the infield is too narrow for those big, fast cars to pass cleanly in the hands of 90% of the people you will find in public lobbies. Leave the upper classes running the regular "Full" variants, and use those narrow small variants for C and D class.

Still, there are many tracks that have variants that are much better than Paul Ricard, and rather than just choosing tracks because they have variants I'd rather see them choose things that fill gaps in the game's track lineup, whether that be street circuits, short circuits, or circuits from regions that don't have much representation.

I think having tracks with variants is good, but there are also a ton that aren't really useful in the context of the game and Turn 10 needs to do a better job limiting which versions are used for which classes in public lobby rotation. Using VIR as an example, we shouldn't be doing VIR South in GT3 cars in public lobbies, it's a mess at turn 1 and the infield is too narrow for those big, fast cars to pass cleanly in the hands of 90% of the people you will find in public lobbies. Leave the upper classes running the regular "Full" variants, and use those narrow small variants for C and D class.
This I couldn’t agee more on. I absolutely love having the “baby layouts” of famous circuits in the game (Red Bull Ring Club Circuit, Catalunya Club Circuit, Nurburgring Mullerbach) but they need to be tied to the proper car classes for both career mode and multiplayer lobbies. For that reason i also really love circuit locations that have a lot of different configurations, like VIR and Paul Ricard. More about Paul Ricard, I’d love to see it in FM8, in fact one of the main reason I bought F1 2019 back in the days is because it was the first game (to my knowledge) to have the circuit. I got absolutely intrigued by the circuit after watching a GT3 endurance race there (from the Hankook series if I’m not mistaken). And in the F1 games I do like the circuit but I would prefer it for GT endurance racing more than F1. Another great underrated circuit is the Dubai Autodrome (was in Project CARS I think, I believe also Real Racing 3 😅). Also there I’ve seen some really interesting GT3 endurance races on stream.

Honestly being a racing fan for so many years I’m really burned out on those tracks that seem to appear in every racing game, like Brands Hatch, Catalunya, Indianapolis, Suzuka just to name a few. Sure they are great circuits, but I prefer to race on something fresh and new. So the Kyalami circuit sure already has my interest.

This I couldn’t agee more on. I absolutely love having the “baby layouts” of famous circuits in the game (Red Bull Ring Club Circuit, Catalunya Club Circuit, Nurburgring Mullerbach) but they need to be tied to the proper car classes for both career mode and multiplayer lobbies. For that reason i also really love circuit locations that have a lot of different configurations, like VIR and Paul Ricard. More about Paul Ricard, I’d love to see it in FM8, in fact one of the main reason I bought F1 2019 back in the days is because it was the first game (to my knowledge) to have the circuit. I got absolutely intrigued by the circuit after watching a GT3 endurance race there (from the Hankook series if I’m not mistaken). And in the F1 games I do like the circuit but I would prefer it for GT endurance racing more than F1. Another great underrated circuit is the Dubai Autodrome (was in Project CARS I think, I believe also Real Racing 3 😅). Also there I’ve seen some really interesting GT3 endurance races on stream.

Honestly being a racing fan for so many years I’m really burned out on those tracks that seem to appear in every racing game, like Brands Hatch, Catalunya, Indianapolis, Suzuka just to name a few. Sure they are great circuits, but I prefer to race on something fresh and new. So the Kyalami circuit sure already has my interest.
There was that one year at Dubai 24hr where it rained and they had to red flag the race because the pit lane had 6+ inches of standing water. Some pit crews made tiny boats out of soda bottles and were racing them. Would be fun to have a heavy rain setting for Dubai. It is a quite enjoyable track by modern standards, I kinda forget about it a lot though.

I agree that it would be nice to have more unknown tracks, but looking at the history of Forza, I think it's pretty unlikely. The track list of the series has evolved at an absolute crawl, and they really haven't added any surprises for tracks other than maybe VIR, as at the time it was just kinda going through it's return to prominence with IMSA so it wasn't as well known back when they added it. If you look at the track voting section of the forum, all of the mainstream F1 tracks and stuff have significantly more votes than some real gems that aren't run by WEC/F1 so all the casuals don't know about them. It's kinda heartbreaking to see.

Also need to consider that most racing game people don't seem very adventurous when it comes to tracks, especially on the sim-ish side of things. A seemingly huge portion of the playerbase in most racing titles seem content to just run Monza/Spa/Silverstone over and over and over and over. I've helped run organized racing for years and have noticed quite a bit of reluctance from many people to learn new tracks and step outside their comfort zone.

We saw it with VIR when it was added, lots of people complained and it got a ton of hate on various different forums, and when we ran organized races there a lot of people would get frustrated and quit when they drove off the track, and some didn't even bother showing up. I'm seeing it again now, as some of our Forza group have started playing Assetto Corsa during the wait, and a few of them are pretty unhappy when we run any track they don't know from Forza, like Zandvoort or Vallelunga.

Personally, one of my favorite things to do in a racing game is learn a new track, so their reluctance is both confusing to me and annoying when I have to hear them complain.

Last edited:
There was that one year at Dubai 24hr where it rained and they had to red flag the race because the pit lane had 6+ inches of standing water. Some pit crews made tiny boats out of soda bottles and were racing them. Would be fun to have a heavy rain setting for Dubai. It is a quite enjoyable track by modern standards, I kinda forget about it a lot though.

I agree that it would be nice to have more unknown tracks, but looking at the history of Forza, I think it's pretty unlikely. The track list of the series has evolved at an absolute crawl, and they really haven't added any surprises for tracks other than maybe VIR, as at the time it was just kinda going through it's return to prominence with IMSA so it wasn't as well known back when they added it. If you look at the track voting section of the forum, all of the mainstream F1 tracks and stuff have significantly more votes than some real gems that aren't run by WEC/F1 so all the casuals don't know about them. It's kinda heartbreaking to see.

Also need to consider that most racing game people don't seem very adventurous when it comes to tracks, especially on the sim-ish side of things. A seemingly huge portion of the playerbase in most racing titles seem content to just run Monza/Spa/Silverstone over and over and over and over. I've helped run organized racing for years and have noticed quite a bit of reluctance from many people to learn new tracks and step outside their comfort zone.

We saw it with VIR when it was added, lots of people complained and it got a ton of hate on various different forums, and when we ran organized races there a lot of people would get frustrated and quit when they drove off the track, and some didn't even bother showing up. I'm seeing it again now, as some of our Forza group have started playing Assetto Corsa during the wait, and a few of them are pretty unhappy when we run any track they don't know from Forza, like Zandvoort or Vallelunga.

Personally, one of my favorite things to do in a racing game is learn a new track, so I can't say I can relate.

This is what makes the Project Cars games so good. The joy and excitement of discovering and learning new tracks. Half the tracks in Forza are so stale. Shame they don't put emphasis on quantity/variety.

This is what makes the Project Cars games so good. The joy and excitement of discovering and learning new tracks. Half the tracks in Forza are so stale. Shame they don't put emphasis on quantity/variety.
Funnily enough, most of the hoppers turn empty when it isn't on a popular track. The most populated tracks are just SpaWatkins Glen, Suzuka, Laguna Seca, le mans, suzuka and Nring. All others are mostly empty because people quit out. Theres a reason why GT3 at SPA is a meme.
I think PC2's car list is a very good benchmark to target for future FM track additions.

Funnily enough, most of the hoppers turn empty when it isn't on a popular track. The most populated tracks are just SpaWatkins Glen, Suzuka, Laguna Seca, le mans, suzuka and Nring. All others are mostly empty because people quit out. Theres a reason why GT3 at SPA is a meme.
I think PC2's car list is a very good benchmark to target for future FM track additions.
PC2s track list is a good benchmark for any racing game to target. The game had its issues but it's track list was exceptional.

They seem keen to promote fan made tracks over on Forza Horizon, could we see anything like user generated content including track design in FM8, or would they have told us it was coming already?

We see how game looks on june 11, i am yet not impresssed or planning to buy it as it stand now, the track selection will be pretty weak with just 20 locations,

Quality > Quantity this time around, especially with T10 striving for "motorsport" for FM. The content (at launch) wouldn't matter so long as the game is good at BOTH offline AND online, not one or the other. Plus, I also expect the post-launch support to be similar to FM7, if not better, with new cars added every month alongside (when they're ready) tracks. Can not wait to see FM grow after it's released to the world.

Quality > Quantity this time around, especially with T10 striving for "motorsport" for FM. The content (at launch) wouldn't matter so long as the game is good at BOTH offline AND online, not one or the other. Plus, I also expect the post-launch support to be similar to FM7, if not better, with new cars added every month alongside (when they're ready) tracks. Can not wait to see FM grow after it's released to the world.
The quality on the tracks looks very good, but that dosen’t transfer over to many of the cars, so when it comes to cars its still quanity over quality like past titles, but i am ready to forgive that if its good in terms of single player content, the support for fm7 was not that great, no new tracks was added after launch,

I am still going to look what the game will offer on june 11, and if i like what i see i will buy day one proably on steam

Last edited:
The quality on the tracks looks very good, but that dosen’t transfer over to many of the cars, so when it comes to cars its still quanity over quality like past titles, but i am ready to forgive that if its good in terms of single player content, the support for fm7 was not that great, no new tracks was added after launch,
I imagine the lack of new tracks post-launch was due to T10 trying to recover from the damage that was at launch, and the fact that the game was so unfinished, buggy and glitchy (some of which still being present even after support for FM7 ended). But I hoping they make a massive turn out for FM this time, because I, and many others, DO NOT want another FM7 launch day situation. That was a total nightmare which nearly killed the franchise. :nervous:

It certainly did a number on the community though, even if it didn't kill it. I'm reaaally hoping the community features Chris has teased are similar to FM4's features. Really wanna see the community flourish once again!

The quality on the tracks looks very good, but that dosen’t transfer over to many of the cars, so when it comes to cars its still quanity over quality like past titles

They want to avoid the issue that happened in FM5 when it had so little car list that game had almost no content and people had got got bored quickly, in fact the new FM have like 3 times the number of cars FM5 had AT LAUNCH (circa 600 vs circa 200), it was probally the FM with lowest number of cars in franchise history

Plus, I also expect the post-launch support to be similar to FM7, if not better, with new cars added every month alongside (when they're ready) tracks. Can not wait to see FM grow after it's released to the world.

its likely that they will follow Horizon model (in having 4/5 models a month+BONUS, COLABS OR DLC), in fact i wouldnt doubt see they doing on late FM7 days where they had some cars that came out at same time with Forza Horizon

Even the best EventLab creations are nowhere near the quality standards of a hand-made track.

You are saying that a game that is focused on casual driving and in not in obissesive relationship with reality have tracks that does not correlate with the real real life counterparts? :eek::eek::eek:

Next time you will say that the cars on horizon doesnt drive totally like they do on real life? :eek:

They seem keen to promote fan made tracks over on Forza Horizon, could we see anything like user generated content including track design in FM, or would they have told us it was coming already?

A track tool creation would be fun but i think they would had promoted already if was going to have in FM it would be a BIG feature since it was not found since GT6.

I wish it had tho, it would be good beacuse we know some tracks wont showup due non-interest of the track owners or due exclusivity deals so it would be great to have something closer or simillar to real life counterparts, some people would go "But no LIDAR" but its better something we can drive at than no thing, also is not like if Forza was stopping to scan tracks just beacuse people are doing their fantasy tracks, they would continue to do so, beacuse at end of the day, people need new IRL tracks all the time

It would be great, specially if have oval racing support, beacuse its likely that in oval case we will have only 2 oval tracks at launch (Indianapolis and Daytona)
I miss the times of 360 that we had Motegi, Sunset Pennisula, Indianapolis, Benchmark Speedway, Benchmark Short Track, Benchmark Rovals and Sedona

Last edited:
They want to avoid the issue that happened in FM5 when it had so little car list that game had almost no content and people had got got bored quickly, in fact the new FM have like 3 times the number of cars FM5 had AT LAUNCH (circa 600 vs circa 200), it was probally the FM with lowest number of cars in franchise history

FM5 had still way more content at release than the average race game. Why speaking so exaggerated of "almost no content" ???

And why did it had just around 200 instead of 700 cars ? Because EVERY car in FM5 had Autovista quality whereas FM4 just had 25!! at that quality level.

Last edited:
FM5 had still way more content at release than the average race game.
In 2013/2014 yea, the only that had more than FM5 was GT6, still people at time dont liked the fact the game had less cars than before, here are some critique and user reviews that i had found from metacritic (by the way FM5 is the game with lowest Metascore of FM history)

Forza Motorsport 5 is an entertaining but bland experience. On one hand it impresses on the track with good visuals and fantastic handling. On the other hand it lacks content

Looks lovely, drives great but feels more like a Forza Light

With limited content that is painfully slow to unlock
, not to mention issues with AI and multiplayer, Forza 5 scrapes by as [a] decent launch title thanks to its immaculate presentation.

While Forza Motorsport 5 is a strong launch-day title for Xbox One, it has more style than substance and serves better as a foundation for future next-gen Forza Motorsport titles than the limited sampler that it really is.

On one hand, the cars have never looked better, but on the other hand, there are a lot fewer cars than before, and fewer locations to zoom about in. And in a game in a genre that relies heavily on repetition, having fewer cars and tracks than your predecessor is a poor showing, especially at the start of a generation.

Forza 5 looks pretty good and sounds great, it is a lot of fun while it lasts. The problem is, it lacking in content and replayablility. 1/2 the tracks and 1/3 or the cars as Forza 4.

Upon playing for a few days I began to realise that there were a lot of things missing that made other games in the series great (the auction house, hundreds of cars, tracks).

Half the content of Forza 4, and pretty much nothing new to offer Mediocre at best.
This is the thing that T10 is trying to avoid happen again, the fact that if comparated to GT at time and to older Forzas, it had less cars and tracks than usual

Last edited:
by the way FM5 is the game with lowest Metascore of FM history
Because the people did not understand why it "only" had around 200 cars. Some poeple just compare numbers (Less content > Bad game) and that to me is a very bad way to look at things. And tbh user reviews/ratings i only read when i want to have a very good laugh. Otherwise completely useless for me :D

Last edited:
Because the people did not understand why it "only" had around 200 cars. Some poeple just compare numbers (Less content > Bad game) and that to me is a very bad way to look at things. And tbh user reviews/ratings i only read when i want to have a very good laugh. Otherwise completely useless for me :D
It happened with GT5. Nobody who review the game back in time pointed out the differences between standard and premium cars as a bad thing. Even those who put bad scores.

It happened with GT5. Nobody who review the game back in time pointed out the differences between standard and premium cars as a bad thing. Even those who put bad scores.
I'd take the standard cars back in a heartbeat. It wasn't a problem to me, take the standard cars away and it would have been a tiny, unfocussed car list, it needed the standard cars. Mainly because it had so much to do elsewhere that it would have felt a bit empty and lifeless otherwise. Like GT7 does.

FM5 drove great and looked stunning. Content was lower than FM4 which was such a strong benchmark but that hurt FM5 as an experience because it then felt watered down everywhere. GT5 was a comprehensive upgrade on GT4.

FM/FM8 may escape some of criticism that 5 faced because while the content numbers are lower, the overall experience seems to have been completely overhauled.

Back