Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 12,684 comments
Pop-up headlights being up and off during the day is one of my biggest annoyances in FM7. It's shocking how it hasn't been fixed to this day. It may be a small thing, but it just looks so wrong.
Completely agree, it really irked me back at launch. It's the little things that matter. Another similar, worse example is how on the WRC games the source of the headlights come from underneath the front of the car!! It's never been fixed in all their games, the headlights can be smashed yet there's still light coming from underneath the front of the car, immersion breaking.

Last edited:
Pop-up headlights being up and off during the day is one of my biggest annoyances in FM7. It's shocking how it hasn't been fixed to this day. It may be a small thing, but it just looks so wrong.
Sadly, it's a weird issue that affects pretty much all the cars depending on the track; like driving the Enzo in sunny Laguna Seca, but the dash is green because the car has its lights on.

There used to be a quick little "glitch" you could do by switching 2 or so cars up/down & back quickly, to have the car pop in with the lights off. However, I think the very last update to the game did something & I was never able to get it to work.

Last edited:
I find it hilarious that the pop-up headlights were an issue in the first place - Horizon has had that implemented for a decade now.
I honestly feel in some ways the modern Horizon games have superior physics to the Motorsport games. At least in Horizon the front end of the 911 doesn't lift completely off the ground everytime I hit the gas.

TBH Horizon often fixes problems in Motorsport. They seem a little more organized over there or something. The fact they were able to do 2 Horizon games in the time Forza hasn't even released a single Motorsport I guess speaks to that as well.

Top Gear - At this point, it would be fictional because it was demolished. Replace with the Eboladrome, please.
No, it hasn't.

It was planned (and planning permission still exists) to turn the aerodrome into a residential development, but that hasn't yet happened. Had it happened the track day happening in two days' time would be a bit problematic!

No, it hasn't.

It was planned (and planning permission still exists) to turn the aerodrome into a residential development, but that hasn't yet happened. Had it happened the track day happening in two days' time would be a bit problematic!

It was also used in last week's episode for the Maserati review.

No, it hasn't.

I stand corrected. Still, I don't see that track coming back, as it's probably only significant to anybody that remembers the old Top Gear.

Last edited:
That guy who screams "POWAAAAAA!!!" just like God Foot screaming "DORIYA!!!"
Indeed. Mini claim to fame 1, I literally walked into a very drunk Clarkson in a Indian restaurant in Birmingham in 1997. Mini claim to fame 2, I used to hoon cars around the roads that make up the Eboladrobe years before they did, as I grew up near there.

Last edited:
I stand corrected. Still, I don't see that track coming back, as it's probably only significant to anybody that remembers the old Top Gear.
If they have the license they'll probably bring it back. No point in having a license if you're not going to use it. Casually ignores Gran Turismo and Pikes Peak.
They had a game mode in FH4 that had Chris Harris in it, although to be honest I only played it for the Mercedes 6x6 and Track-Tor, as much as I like Chris Harris. Of course, the Forza implementation of the test track has always been off, adding more than what's there, while also never updating it - the rallycross track was not even scenery, let alone drive-able. It practically didn't exist. GT5's implementation was much more accurate and that makes me angrier that Forza has had a Top Gear license for so long.

Yes, yes and YES to all three of those tracks! They were fun street circuits, but imagine day/night cycle and weather on them! 🤩
That, and modernized ambience as well, since a lot of these cities have changed over the last 17 years.

Hope they also add newer layouts too, especially with regards to New York and Tokyo, to really highlight these cities. As for New York we need tracks in the Brooklyn Bridge, similar to

Project Gotham Racing

as well as, SoHo and even JFK (imagine the Ridge Racer Type 4 vibes in having a city street track all over the JFK airport).

As for Tokyo, we also need layouts around Shibuya Crossing, Akihabara and Ginza, as the one seen in Motorsport 1 is all over Shinjuku, which again, is also in

Project Gotham Racing

and can be really narrow, making it bad for clean racing and overtaking.

They should also consider other city tracks too like those inspired by the Horizon titles, such as:

Aspen
Nice
Sydney
Edinburgh (FH4 is technically set in Scotland, yet it's still part of Great Britain)
Mexico City

Last edited:
That, and modernized ambience as well, since a lot of these cities have changed over the last 17 years.

Hope they also add newer layouts too, especially with regards to New York and Tokyo, to really highlight these cities. As for New York we need tracks in the Brooklyn Bridge, similar to

Project Gotham Racing

as well as, SoHo and even JFK (imagine the Ridge Racer Type 4 vibes in having a city street track all over the JFK airport).

As for Tokyo, we also need layouts around Shibuya Crossing, Akihabara and Ginza, as the one seen in Motorsport 1 is all over Shinjuku, which again, is also in

Project Gotham Racing

and can be really narrow, making it bad for clean racing and overtaking.

They should also consider other city tracks too like those inspired by the Horizon titles, such as:

Aspen
Nice
Sydney
Edinburgh (FH4 is technically set in Scotland, yet it's still part of Great Britain)
Guanajuato or Mexico City
Oh wow amazing idea! I also love the idea of adding track versions of locations from FH and you know what. :)

As I said before, FidelityFX could likely be used on Forza 8.

It is now available on the most recent GDK for Xbox Series X development.

That would be excellent news if this were the case.

I think it's no surprise T10 has decided to continue the heart the of the series with a very cinematic, hyper realistic approach to their franchise. The car models are good enough imo (sans a few that were rehashed from prior games), to where it could rival competing games and still holds its own quite well. Photorealism was never their direction, and that's something most seem to forget. An increased grid untilizing higher LOD models, with better texture shaders, and wiith the news of dynamic weather, a more rugged damage model, and TOD changes for each track would be a nice start.

A presentation showcasing the motorsport aspect of the game shockingly seems like a lot to ask for, we already know the graphics would be up to par but after 5 years we only know so little.

Looking forward to seeing what info devs decide to trickle out, I may pick up my very first wheel/pedal setup if it ends up looking promising.

Last edited:
It’s a bit weird. They gave the game a release window. But no more schedule what they have planned over the next month.
Building up hype, for me that doesn’t look so.
And the official Xbox site is such boring https://www.xbox.com/de-DE/games/forza-motorsport
It's like, 10 months, give or take, away from launch. They're hardly gonna start hyping it up massively this early on. Doubt we'll see anything significant until we get to 2023. Maybe we'll see something more at GamesCom or TGS, but nothing major.

Anyone else having trouble getting the new forums to load? Logging in with my Xbox Live account just causes it to get stuck on a blank white screen for me

Latest Posts

Back