Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 12,700 comments
Compared to IRL driving both grip and drift it's quite spot on. Definitely better than Assetto Corsa, for example. I haven't played ACC, but it doesn't have any road cars, so I'll pass. Also saw some iracing video that it can't even get a drifting physics right, not to mention it's online only and it's subscription based crap, lol.
As for simulating motorsports, I couldn't care less about it.
This is a racing game. If drifting is difficult, oh well. There are drifting games out there out there. I don’t want them to alter physics for an oddity .

Also he said the car roster will be more Motorsport focused. I hope that doesn't mean less "normal" cars but I guess future DLC packs can fill that in.
To be fair, part of the advantage of having both Motorsport and Horizon is that one can be directed towards traditional motorsport and the other towards "normal" cars and tuning. It doesn't have to be an all or nothing thing, but there are definitely types of cars that are better suited to each type of game.

Chris Esaki confirmed a new historic layout (60s) for Laguna Seca which is awesome. I hope more tracks have this. Also he said the car roster will be more Motorsport focused. I hope that doesn't mean less "normal" cars but I guess future DLC packs can fill that in.

I like to see old circuits layouts in modern racing games no matter if most of them are ultra boring and simple.

It seems Glass Egg Media (Vietnam) did all the car modeling for Forza for the longest time up to FH5. I see in the Forza forums a new studio is taking over car modelling duties, Pixel Mafia Corp (Phillipines). They have a post on Instagram (pixelmafiacorp) confirming this. The question is will they redo from "the ground up" all the incorrect car models of yore or only do "new" cars. Time will tell.

Jalopnik also brings this up as well.

We've been trying to give it a chance for the last 10 years since FM5 fumbled the franchise. More and more people have clearly had enough of what is clearly looking to be blatantly willful ignorance on T10's part.
For you that is, i had allot of fun with 7. 5 was bad. No 7 whas not perfect but i had a fun en nice looking race game. Games like GRID etc are the real crap race games here. GT7 Super awsome game i like it to but for me who likes cars and race GAMES its impossible to have fun with GT7 in the chasecam for example. And i like racing in chase cam because i like my cars and its a GAME.

U guys want ultra realistic etc that market is to small..... and Forza has never bin that and never will be. Besides there are other games for that. I (and many) just want a racing GAME, and i say again, GAME that is better then the crappy GRID's and Need for Speeds......

The RC-F looks like crap in GT7 in that shot.
Let me guess...you are totally fine with the 22B, Countach, Sagaris, etc in Forza.

I'm also not seeing why the RC-F looks like crap. Can you elaborate? The model is in less flattering light/shadow conditions than the FH model, but I would hardly say it looks like crap. If anything, the brightwork on the GT7 car looks a lot more realistic than PG/T10s less than stellar chrome material.

Last edited:
It seems Glass Egg Media (Vietnam) did all the car modeling for Forza for the longest time up to FH5. I see in the Forza forums a new studio is taking over car modelling duties, Pixel Mafia Corp (Phillipines). They have a post on Instagram (pixelmafiacorp) confirming this. The question is will they redo from "the ground up" all the incorrect car models of yore or only do "new" cars. Time will tell.

Well, thats the car model they are proudly presenting on their website... a "Lamborghini Diablo"...

1674838453835.png

Last edited:
so i went through the footage agin, and these are some things i could spot

the GSF
1674838070032.png

1280px-Lexus_GS_F_-_Mondial_de_l%27Automobile_de_Paris_2016_-_001.jpg

and the alpine 610

1674837707617.png

Any idea what this is (it was a poster on the wall)

1674837767909.png

Purposely blurred car (The bmw m8's name was blurred similarly in FH5's pre release footage for the eliminator game mode iirc)

1674837827149.png

I think it says 2011 POR_ (something i cant make out) on Maple valley short circuit. It could be the POR_045_GT3RSR_11 (flying lizard 997 RSR)
1674837965176.png

Last edited:

Refreshing to see a major media outlet (major being used relative here) note the model issues in the game and also the embellishing/frequent use of "from the ground up".

After FM7's "relatively" poor sales (1/5 of GT Sports Sales as far as I can tell) this game really needed to me more than just Forza Motorsports 8. It needed to be "built from the ground up". It needed to be that so much that they are going to say it is even if it's not very...true.

Well, thats the car model they are proudly presenting on their website... a "Lamborghini Diablo"...

View attachment 1226433
I was not able to see this "proudly presented" on their website nor the context of this particular model. Forza is not officially listed under their projects as of yet. https://www.pixelmafia.com/projects

I had to dig into their links to their artstation and see this from 3 years ago described as a "Lamchop" and not modelled for a specific game. Since that time they worked on Gears 5, Tiny Tina, Diablo 3, Cyberpunk, Halo Infinite, Horizon Forbidden West, etc.. I assume Forza will be their first racing game? Again not sure but they seem to know what they are doing. I guess we'll see when the game comes out.

Last edited:
Any mention of any kind of dirt racing yet? It was supposedly in development for FM7 but was never finished. You'd think in 6 years they could have gotten it done especially considering they can just be lazy and port over Horizon's dirt physics.

20 locations? Forza 7 launched with 32 locations and 200 track layouts. 500 cars? Forza 7 has over 800.

I don't care about raytracing/reflections. Full weather on all tracks is a nice upgrade.

Modern race cars are nice but if Forza hasn't upgraded their physics engine to account for hybrid powertrains and things like DRS, ERS, KERS, selectable in car ABS/TC etc... like race cars have had for over a decade now then it will be a moot point...

Last edited:
Any mention of any kind of dirt racing yet? It was supposedly in development for FM7 but was never finished. You'd think in 6 years they could have gotten it done especially considering they can just be lazy and port over Horizon's dirt physics.
Is there any point without proper dirt locations?
I can't believe anybody would want dirt physics just for a few short track ovals or something like that...

It's not like we're asking to remake all cars, the vast majority look on par with the competition, it's only 30-40 cars that need attention.
See this, i can understand.

What i dont understand is equating these 30-40 cars to the entirety of the game's level of accuracy, or worse equating the graphics to that of gtav. A lot the doomposting here about the game is in incredibly bad faith. I can't help but feel like the jalopinik article came from here as they're citing the same still of a clearly unfinished game in a compressed youtube video to compare an e30 to it's irl counterpart. This is not to say some models don't need updating and the aero needs a facelift, but we dont know enough to say anything definitive yet. the game very clearly isn't coming out till fall at the earliest.

Maybe it's just me, but physics and racing experience are far more of a priority when judging whether this game is appealing, especially when the graphical capabilities of FM and GT are largely on par with each other outside of art direction, which largely comes down to subjective preference. The lack of discussion here for all the announced additions to race structure, time of day/weather, fuel weights, variable tire types and the new tire model is understandable given we have seen nothing about it. However, i'm not gonna write off what is a potential game changer like all that because the e30 may have the wrong grill mesh, or the countach has some round curves wear it shouldn't.

Last edited:

What i dont understand is equating these 30-40 cars to the entirety of the game's level of accuracy, or worse equating the graphics to that of gtav. A lot the doomposting here about the game is in incredibly bad faith. I can't help but feel like the jalopinik article came from here as they're citing the same still of a clearly unfinished game in a compressed youtube video to compare an e30 to it's irl counterpart. This is not to say some models don't need updating and the aero needs a facelift, but we dont know enough to say anything definitive yet. the game very clearly isn't coming out till fall at the earliest.

Maybe it's just me, but physics and racing experience are far more of a priority when judging whether this game is appealing, especially when the graphical capabilities of FM and GT are largely on par with each other outside of art direction, which largely comes down to subjective preference. The lack of discussion here for all the announced additions to race structure, time of day/weather, fuel weights, variable tire types and the new tire model is understandable given we have seen nothing about it. However, i'm not gonna write off what is a potential game changer like all that because the e30 may have the wrong grill mesh, or the countach has some round curves wear it shouldn't.
I don't think anyone is going to NOT play the game and will still like it. I am super hyped for it and got enough MS Rewards points ready to redeem $100 MS gift card to buy.

The concern comes from Forza staff using "built from the ground up" every single time a new game is coming out. Chris Esaki even brought it up during Forza Monthly that he should print that phrase on a shirt. The hope was, for me at least, we are in a new generation of consoles, it's built for the new gen console, so "built from the ground up" SHOULD mean everything is, especially cars.

The new trailer, as pointed out by Jalopnik and many Forza community members, showcases that older cars may be from older incorrectly modeled cars of Forza past. Adding in shaders, damage, etc. on incorrectly modeled cars, still make them incorrectly modeled. That's disappointing 100%. For now, 100 cars are new and Chris didn't mention if the cars are indeed shared from older Forza games. The good news is a new studio is doing the models, perhaps they can update/upgrade those "30-40" cars or maybe they won't.

If you ask me, criticism leads to a better product. If these car models get updated, I'll thank the community here. Changes happen in games due to criticism. GT Sport released barren, it was because of those critics who spoke up that Kaz had to update the game and throw in single player content. That's a positive to me. When FM5 released, I remember the uproar over the economy/grinding/mtx, that Alan Hartman had to get involved and release a statement. Even more recently, the amount of cars that received updates in Forza Horizon 5 going by their patch notes is long, very long. How did this happen? All the tickets that members submit because of all the incorrect details of the cars themselves. The attention to detail from the community is quite amazing. Unfortunately, that also shows me the QA teams for PG are not great. If Turn 10 has the same QA team, then lots of tickets will be submitted. Perhaps they should start hiring from the community.

Last edited:

Pixel Mafia 🤔 - did they make Turn 10 an offer they couldn't refuse...?

Is there any point without proper dirt locations?
I can't believe anybody would want dirt physics just for a few short track ovals or something like that...
That's sort of the point of my question bud they haven't announced what all the locations are. Also nobody said anything about a few short ovals not sure where you are getting that from?

I don't think the majority of us critical of re-use of old assets are being quite as hyperbolic as you are perceiving nor giving criticism in bad faith. I've repeatedly said that most of the assets introduced in FM4 and later are good or very good. The lighting model in the FH games is quite good...3, 4, and 5 are very very pretty games. It's the assets that were made in the early Forza era that that are still in the game sixteen+ years later (and are bad) that some of us find unacceptable for a new release being marketed relentlessly under the banner of "from the ground up".

What I don't understand is the rejection of criticism of T10. What's the purpose of that? I think T10 has a talented development team kept on a tight or very tight budget, and I think they have a marketing team tasked with overselling everything to an absurd degree. I honestly wouldn't be too bothered by all of this if it weren't for these guys on camera saying "From the Ground up" every 5 minutes, its way too slimey salesman for me.

Let me guess...you are totally fine with the 22B, Countach, Sagaris, etc in Forza.

I'm also not seeing why the RC-F looks like crap. Can you elaborate? The model is in less flattering light/shadow conditions than the FH model, but I would hardly say it looks like crap. If anything, the brightwork on the GT7 car looks a lot more realistic than PG/T10s less than stellar chrome material.
The rear window has far less detail as do the seats as seen through the window. As a matter of fact, the entire interior has far less detail than GT7. Far less definition in parts like the grille and rear mesh. As someone stated earlier, it's missing part. It has nothing to do with lighting/shadow conditions.

I agree

The rear window has far less detail as do the seats as seen through the window. As a matter of fact, the entire interior has far less detail than GT7. Far less definition in parts like the grille and rear mesh. As someone stated earlier, it's missing part. It has nothing to do with lighting/shadow conditions.
Ok sure, I can see there are some missing details there. The car model still looks good though, nothing looks wrong or off, just lower LOD. You are kind of undermining your own position with this comparison though. If that is not acceptable for GT, how can worse quality be acceptable in Forza?

I'm going to give you a really good example of why I'm bothered by Forza's models. One of my favorite cars of all time is the third generation Mazda RX-7. I'm actually an RX-7 owner myself. I've been in and driven several of these cars. The Forza model, particularly the interior, is bad. Like uncanny valley bad. Like I don't use the car in FH4 because it's so bad, despite - again- being one of my favorite cars there is.

FH4_Mazda_RX-7_02_Interior.jpg

The exterior of the FD is also pretty off, but I'm going to focus on the interior here. The singular focal point of the entire FD RX-7 interior is the centrally mounted tachometer. But it's so sloppily modeled that the end of the needle extends clear outside of the scale, and there is a bizarre black border around the tachometer face that just doesn't exist in the real car. And it's been this way since FM3. It's not supposed to look like that. For somebody that uses the interior view, this is very unpleasant to look at. Look at the relationship of the trim rings to the gauge face . The central vents are the wrong shape, the door vent and really the whole door trim is the wrong size and shape, the steering wheel doesn't look right, etc. It just looks like a poor imitation of an RX-7, rather than the real thing.

rx7-inside.JPG

To be fair, part of the advantage of having both Motorsport and Horizon is that one can be directed towards traditional motorsport and the other towards "normal" cars and tuning. It doesn't have to be an all or nothing thing, but there are definitely types of cars that are better suited to each type of game.
I don't really like this way of thinking that now that there is Horizon, "normal" production cars are less needed in Motorsport.

E.g. building time-attack cars from normal production cars to real tracks is amazing in Motorsport and it really doesn't feel the same to do somewhere in Mexico in Horizon. In my opinion, Horizon is a very different game and clearly aimed at younger people. I've been playing Motorsport since FM1 and it's even a bit annoying if Horizon takes content away from Motorsport.

Motorsport is, along with GT, almost the only game that's perfect for virtual track days with production cars on real tracks.

I don't really like this way of thinking that now that there is Horizon, "normal" production cars are less needed in Motorsport.

E.g. building time-attack cars from normal production cars to real tracks is amazing in Motorsport and it really doesn't feel the same to do somewhere in Mexico in Horizon. In my opinion, Horizon is a very different game and clearly aimed at younger people. I've been playing Motorsport since FM1 and it's even a bit annoying if Horizon takes content away from Motorsport.

Motorsport is, along with GT, almost the only game that's perfect for virtual track days with production cars on real tracks.

Which is precisely why Motorsport will still have road and production cars in it. It's not like they're getting rid of them completely.

That's sort of the point of my question bud they haven't announced what all the locations are. Also nobody said anything about a few short ovals not sure where you are getting that from?
Well I remember GT5's attempt at offering a couple of routes and dirt physics. It was, to be blunt, a complete waste of time and effort. I'm pretty sure T10 won't do something like that, though, because it just doesn't make sense compared to the hundreds of square miles of countryside and hundreds of miles of dirt roads in the Horizon games.

But coming back to your suggestion: We know they only have 20 locations, so we can be pretty sure that if they brought dirt it would either be a single location (probably just a single route) or for example a dirt short tracks at the same location as tarmac ovals. But really... no thanks. I don't see any added value there.

Well I remember GT5's attempt at offering a couple of routes and dirt physics. It was, to be blunt, a complete waste of time and effort. I'm pretty sure T10 won't do something like that, though, because it just doesn't make sense compared to the hundreds of square miles of countryside and hundreds of miles of dirt roads in the Horizon games.

But coming back to your suggestion: We know they only have 20 locations, so we can be pretty sure that if they brought dirt it would either be a single location (probably just a single route) or for example a dirt short tracks at the same location as tarmac ovals. But really... no thanks. I don't see any added value there.

The only way I could find them working dirt events would be as additional layouts rather than a whole location. Wouldn't make sense to dedicate a whole location to it.

I wouldn't be opposed to it if it was done well, like if Catalunya, Silverstone, Yas Marina, Hockenheim, Nurburgring and COTA all make rhe cut (relatively likely they will), those alone would make a pretty decent rally cross offering and suitable for any kind of car, built or bought. This is probably the best solution that a track focused game can have for integrating a dirt aspect. Much like pCars 2 did.

But really... no thanks. I don't see any added value there.
Why are you are replying to your own speculation as if it is a real thing? Lol. "Don't see added value in this stuff I just made up" ?

If they can do it well I'd like to see dirt racing in the next Forza Motorsport.

Last edited:
Back